Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Terrance knighton

Why not spin the wheels on him and bring him in? What do we have to lose?

Other than not fitting the defense. He's been out of the league all season, and New England cut him during their first cuts, that's a big flag that he's no longer useful, if Belichick could get anything from him then he would have kept him since he was on a cheap deal.

My other question/comment would be that he wasn't able to keep his weight down while in Denver and playing for a new contract, has he stayed in shape being out of the league since the end of August?

The thing about New England.. They traded a young defensive star half way through the season for a 3rd round pick.. But would have recieved that in comp picks and kept him for the whole year on a rookie contract. New England doesn't always make the best choices.

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    The thing about New England.. They traded a young defensive star half way through the season for a 3rd round pick.. But would have recieved that in comp picks and kept him for the whole year on a rookie contract. New England doesn't always make the best choices.
    They no longer viewed him as a 3 down player
    Last edited by 15thebeast; 12-12-2016 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Other than not fitting the defense. He's been out of the league all season, and New England cut him during their first cuts, that's a big flag that he's no longer useful, if Belichick could get anything from him then he would have kept him since he was on a cheap deal.

My other question/comment would be that he wasn't able to keep his weight down while in Denver and playing for a new contract, has he stayed in shape being out of the league since the end of August?
    At this point with the run defense struggling it might be worth bringing him in for evaluation.

Why does every let NE dictate the standard?

Drives me insane also.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Why does every let NE dictate the standard?
    Because on a player like Knighton, that's Belichick's wheelhouse, taking a veteran low downside high upside player, signing them to a contract and getting what's left out of them. If Knighton had anything left he'd have been retained.

It's a completely different situation than the two LBs they traded.

Knighton left Denver, couldn't get anything but a one year contract that was fairly modest. He didn't do much in Washington and the only suitor this year was a team looking for the low downside big upside home run, and they released him at first cuts. Putting New England aside, if Knighton was of value, why is it mid December and not one single team has attempted to sign him? I haven't even heard of him being brought in for a tryout. He had a couple of good years in Denver, that was the high-water mark of his career, but he's done.

Why not spin the wheels on him and bring him in? What do we have to lose?
    Good idea, but I think it is a little late in the season to expect him to be in football shape. There's 3 games left and I just don't see him getting in football shape before the season ends.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

We need a dude that can drop an anchor in the A gap. If Knighton can get a push up the middle and disrupt the flow he's already much better option than Williams. Every down I've paid attention to Williams he's getting blown up off the LOS. Dude is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Good idea, but I think it is a little late in the season to expect him to be in football shape. There's 3 games left and I just don't see him getting in football shape before the season ends.
    I don't think it's a good signing this late but let's not kid ourselves, when has Knighton ever been in football shape?
    Last edited by Rastic; 12-13-2016 at 09:05 AM.

New England doesn't always make the best choices.
    Agreed. The Pats love themselves some TEs. They seem to never have enough. Despite Derby's crippling fumble last Sunday, he has been rock solid since we got him from the Pats. Im sure the Pats would love to have him back right about now.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Not neccessarily true. Only reason you get a comp pick is if you lose more free agents than you sign. For Pats to get comp pick then they would have to make sure they don't sign anyone in free agency (or one less than they lost) which with the Pats well under the cap isn't likely. With the trade they get rid of a guy they didn't want and get a guaranteed pick.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasOdds101 View Post
    Not neccessarily true. Only reason you get a comp pick is if you lose more free agents than you sign. For Pats to get comp pick then they would have to make sure they don't sign anyone in free agency (or one less than they lost) which with the Pats well under the cap isn't likely. With the trade they get rid of a guy they didn't want and get a guaranteed pick.
    Actually there's more to it than that, it includes contracts etc. The Pats aren't active in free agent very often, in fact they're almost never active. They keep the players they want, get rid of the players they don't and take chances on veteran reclamation projects. But they don't go out and spend money recklessly in free agency, and I can't imagine they'll start this year.

Quote Originally Posted by // / yardo View Post
    We need a dude that can drop an anchor in the A gap. If Knighton can get a push up the middle and disrupt the flow he's already much better option than Williams. Every down I've paid attention to Williams he's getting blown up off the LOS. Dude is worthless.
    Can't argue this; re-watched the Tenn. game, their OLine was moving our line 5 yards of the LOS @ the POA.
    The question is, can big Fat TK pass the physical?