Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    To be honest, I don't even care if we don't make the playoffs. After seeing our offense tonight, we'd be blown out and it would be downright embarrassing.

Don't know if the team would be embarrassed, but I would be. I'm already being ragged on living in Boston today. Man, I hate losing to the Pats. We should and could have won that game. The Pats are not that good. Hate shooting ourselves in the foot.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    What do you mean the defense exploded in the locker room today?
    It's on nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ss-to-patriots

Can't say I blame them.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    So...

If you value FO's opinion... and they are stating we've just had the 8th most efficient defense over the last 27 years- that is not elite??

And today, we gave the PATS the toughest defensive challenge they've seen all season. They walked away with just 16 points- and got more points off offensive turnovers than anything else. It was an exceptional performance today, even with the run protection.
    Exactly. We gifted the Pats 10 points. They are still great. But I'm sure they are sick of our putrid offense and having to be on the field after our legendary 3 and out offense. I hope they start getting pissed off about it and start saying something.

They showed the TOP chart last night and the defense was on the field about every minute and a half. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    It's on nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ss-to-patriots

Can't say I blame them.
    Thanks, I'm glad that happened. It should have happened sooner. Hopefully it sparks something. I'm curious as to which other offensive player bristled at it and said if the defense is so mad then they need to make more plays.

When your offense is struggling, there really is no room for error and pretty much every drop and turnover is magnified. DT, Derby and Green all dropped passes that killed early drives when the offense actually looked decent. Fowler drops a pass late against KC that could have sealed the deal and follows it up by dropping a TD against the Titans that would have put that one away too. The line between winning and losing if very fine.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Thanks, I'm glad that happened. It should have happened sooner. Hopefully it sparks something. I'm curious as to which other offensive player bristled at it and said if the defense is so mad then they need to make more plays.
    That was my initial thought as well but I have zero faith in Kubiak and his predictable way of calling plays and DT's personality epitomizes everything I don't like about our offense. Making him a team captain is a mistake when you need leadership.

Don't know about you guys but I wasn't this frustrated back when Tebow was in town or Josh McDaniels' Broncos imploded after a hot start. This is just... sad.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    On the fade there was contact right before the ball got there. If you want to say he should have caught both footballs, that's your right, but blaming him for the loss today is ridiculous, he was probably the Broncos best player today.

Again, no mention of Sanders being the invisible man? All I hear about on here is how great he is and how he plays with passion and is always making tough catches and coming up big, and he might as well not have played, because Butler completely shut him down. Now don't get me wrong, I like Sanders and think it was just a bad game, but the double standard by which these two are judged on here is amazing.
    The basic thing is that we have recurring issues with drops that kills drives, and when we cannot forcibly run the ball down opponents throats like in the 2011 offense, it has to be the pass that sets up the run for balance to be achieved. When Peyton was playing at elite level it did not seem like a problem, but Thomas has had real bag games with regards to props since he was drafted. Yesterday the problem again was many different players dropping key passes, and the running game not really compensating. Most of last year it was the same pattern that the running game was unproductive until late where typically CJ broke some big plays. If we don't punish a team for ex. rushing our QB we are going to loose, and Seimian is pretty solid at dishing out his punishment, but it is a lot more effective if we burn the opposing team for 20 yards.

The oline quality is the major Achilles heel on this team, but with so much money tied up in the defense I wonder if Elway can dig himself out of the hole. Seems to me that the defense is wearing out and I hope that there doesn't develop that animosity like Philly had last year.
    Canadian Denver Bronco Fan Club #60

Until we can run the ball, a lot of the play calling won't work. Because we can not pass block either. Teams just live in our back field all day.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    You really cant blame the offensive line for the 3 points today.
    Norn Turner?

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    Just for some context, our D, last year and this year, is not historically elite.

Seattle has led the league in scoring defense four years in a row, and they are on pace to do it again this year.

Our numbers in points/drive and yards/drive are best in the league. But plenty of teams in the past decade have had better marks and won the Super Bowl (Seattle, Green Bay, 08 Pittsburgh).

The only thing unique about our D is they have had no offensive help.
    Your last sentence is what made last year's D historically good. Name me one other top 10 D all time that had to carry such a sorry offense ALL year, an offense that had numerous turnovers and 3 and outs. Maybe Tamba Bay in 2002. The three teams you mention at least had young franchise QBs.

With DT's drop percentage, does he get a "pass" because he is the #1 receiver or because of the money he is getting? Why not play other receivers like Taylor Jordan to see if they are more hungry to make plays and use them? Personally, why Taylor Jordan is behind Norwood or Fowler is beyond me. It must be because of blocking.
    BCMB Div 1 - Rollin' with Mahomies

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    When was the last time Denver threw the ball to Thomas in the red zone? Have they done it much this year?

Sure you want to say those two plays cost them the game, fair enough. But it didn't.

And if Sanders were a true number 1 shouldn't he be able to make plays regardless of Butler covering him? That's always the argument right, the Broncos don't need Thomas because Sanders is the number 1 target. Today is the first day an opponent treated him like a number 1 receiver, and he was invisible.

It's not a perfect comparison (mainly because Thomas isn't Michael Irvin, and the Broncos don't have a Aikman or Smith) but Sanders is Alvin Harper, a guy who makes plays as a number 2 receiver when the defense is focused on Thomas, but not a number 1 receiver.
    Helps to be in the red zone to get red zone receptions.

But, on the topic of DT, yeah, he had great stats but no impact. It was like when the Pats beat us by letting Knowshon go ape-crap and kept everything else in front. Sure, his number line looked great but it was of no consequence. They did the same thing to DT. Let him make his plays, keep everything in front of you, rally to the ball. Easy win for the D when the opposing offense is zero threat to run the ball.
    Last edited by CoryWinget81; 12-19-2016 at 06:53 AM.

Hooray, beer!

If it makes you feel any better, here are some quotes from a post game presser where DT calls himself out,

Thomas, to be fair, was merely answering a question, and he had plenty of criticism to go around, including a scathing critique of his own effort. "I could have made a big play on that one ball down the sideline," he said, referring to a long pass that seemed to be within his grasp with 4:44 left in the third quarter -- part of a frustrating streak of five consecutive three-and-outs to start the second half. "And that fourth-down pass (with 6:04 left in the game) that got knocked out of my hands? That's on me, too.

"I'm beating myself up, still. I could've made a play. I'm the captain of the offense. I put it on myself."

Like Okung, Thomas said he understood the postgame frustration of the Broncos' defensive backs, though he wasn't necessarily thrilled with the delivery.

"It's tough to see your blood brothers, guys you go to work with every day, get frustrated and air it out like that. You wish it wasn't that way. But being as great a defense as they are, I can see why they're frustrated. As an offensive player, you've gotta be frustrated, too -- but then, at a certain point, it's hard to be frustrated. ... You see the same thing for 14 weeks -- we move the ball, move the ball, then get in the red area and we just fold. At some point, you just throw up your hands."
    BCMB Div 1 - Rollin' with Mahomies

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, here are some quotes from a post game presser where DT calls himself out,
    Yeah I've coached guys like him.

Same mistakes over and over. "My bad, my bad. My fault, my bad"; continues making same mistakes.

It sounds like he's taking ownership of his bad play until he comes to the actual problem then he's sure to spread it around:

we
    move the ball, move the ball, then get in the red area and we just fold.

Hooray, beer!