Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2017 Early Mock Drafts

This is a thread for early Walter, SB Nation and other early mocks. I'm pumped up about this offseason. Can't wait to see how Elway & company respond to the holes that need filled. I don't really think we are in a position to draft bpa. It'll have to be bpa at a need position.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnat...roid-sprint-us

. Denver Broncos Lowell Lotulelei, DT, Utah

The Broncos indicated how they feel about defensive tackle Sylvester Williams by not picking up the fifth-year option on his contract. Insert Lotulelei, a strong defender who specializes in stuffing the run.

Here's one from SB & I cant see how we don't go O-line in the 1st, but I understand we may address the O-line in free agency. We do obviously need interior defensive line.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    This is a thread for early Walter, SB Nation and other early mocks. I'm pumped up about this offseason. Can't wait to see how Elway & company respond to the holes that need filled. I don't really think we are in a position to draft bpa. It'll have to be bpa at a need position.

. Denver Broncos Lowell Lotulelei, DT, Utah

The Broncos indicated how they feel about defensive tackle Sylvester Williams by not picking up the fifth-year option on his contract. Insert Lotulelei, a strong defender who specializes in stuffing the run.

Here's one from SB & I cant see how we don't go O-line in the 1st, but I understand we may address the O-line in free agency. We do obviously need interior defensive line.
    I am all for getting oline but after looking at the draft, I don't really see a player worth getting at our position. I would love to get Malik McDowell DT ( even though he really would be a DE) or LB Zach Cunningham.

. Denver Broncos — Lowell Lotulelei, DT, Utah

The problem is this is supposedly a weak draft for OL. Plus, they take longer to develop and we need immediate help. I would go DL, LB, or maybe even RB (Dalvin Cook?) in the 1st.

I saw WalterFB had us getting ILB Jarrad Davis from Florida. I would be ecstatic for that pick. Either him or DT Caleb Brantley would be my pick.

I think we go OL in FA.

No issues with a DT like Lotulelei.

Tend to agree that an O lineman in the 1st is unlikely. Best available OT and G they can afford to be the foundation would be my plan.

My preference in the 1st is a dynamic playmaker.
    Give me Adoree Jackson. Immediate impact as a returner and can be worked in as a CB.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    No issues with a DT like Lotulelei.

Tend to agree that an O lineman in the 1st is unlikely. Best available OT and G they can afford to be the foundation would be my plan.

My preference in the 1st is a dynamic playmaker.
    Give me Adoree Jackson. Immediate impact as a returner and can be worked in as a CB.
    Hey....we agree this year. Adoree Jackson, Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey and Lowell Lotulelei are my favorites this year.
    New England Patriots GM

Is McCaffery going to transition to the NFL, though? Or is he just another Tavon Austin? No knock on Austin or McCaffery but Tavon hasn't exactly been all that imo. Are these guys just glorified kick/punt returners?

Is McCaffery going to transition to the NFL, though? Or is he just another Tavon Austin? No knock on Austin or McCaffery but Tavon hasn't exactly been all that imo. Are these guys just glorified kick/punt returners?
    So just because Tavon Austin hasn't produced means McCaffrey won't. And they are different type of players...similar in some aspects yes, but different type of players. Also different in size. Reggie Bush or a bigger more explosive Danny Woodhead, as others have mentioned in other posts, is a better comparison.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I saw WalterFB had us getting ILB Jarrad Davis from Florida. I would be ecstatic for that pick. Either him or DT Caleb Brantley would be my pick.

I think we go OL in FA.
    They switched it to the LB from Alabama now. I would be all for drafting players from Bama, because they basically play in an NFL program playing NFL schemes. There are also big expectations there and they've experienced playing in big games.

I'd looking at trading up for Cam Robinson, but I'd be okay with the LB, I believe his name is Reuben Foster.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    So just because Tavon Austin hasn't produced means McCaffrey won't. And they are different type of players...similar in some aspects yes, but different type of players. Also different in size. Reggie Bush or a bigger more explosive Danny Woodhead, as others have mentioned in other posts, is a better comparison.
    We'll see I guess. I don't hate on him or anything. I was a huge fan of his dad. I personally wouldn't take him in the 1st round.
    Dread it.Run from it.

Updated 3 round from Walter

1st round

20. Denver Broncos: Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
    Given how much they struggled to defend Atlanta's running backs as receiving threats out of the backfield in one of their losses this year, the Broncos should consider an inside linebacker early in the 2017 NFL Draft to properly replace Danny Trevathan. Fortunately for Denver, there are a couple of talented prospects at the position who are expected to be available in this range.

2nd round

51. Denver Broncos: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
    A.J. Derby is just an OK player. The Broncos can do better than him at tight end, especially after his crucial drop versus New England, and O.J. Howard is one of the better prospects available.

3rd round

82. Denver Broncos: Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
    Charles Walker would be a nice fit in Denver's defense, as the Broncos have to bolster the interior of their front to improve against the rush.
    Dread it.Run from it.

I don't think we need a TE. With Derby, Heuerman, and Green I think we have plenty.

I would expect them to add a TE in a later round.

But if Howard were still available late in the second I would have no problem with the selection. He is a really talented player.IMO he is long gone by that pick.

Interesting to see the mock with no early oline picks. That would be the easy way to go. Hope the Broncos follow this and build the oline with free agency.

Draft is for role players not immediate starters. Unless truly exceptional or specific skillset that fits.

Updated 3 round from Walter

1st round

20. Denver Broncos: Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
    Given how much they struggled to defend Atlanta's running backs as receiving threats out of the backfield in one of their losses this year, the Broncos should consider an inside linebacker early in the 2017 NFL Draft to properly replace Danny Trevathan. Fortunately for Denver, there are a couple of talented prospects at the position who are expected to be available in this range.

2nd round

51. Denver Broncos: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
    A.J. Derby is just an OK player. The Broncos can do better than him at tight end, especially after his crucial drop versus New England, and O.J. Howard is one of the better prospects available.

3rd round

82. Denver Broncos: Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
    Charles Walker would be a nice fit in Denver's defense, as the Broncos have to bolster the interior of their front to improve against the rush.
    I think this is a pipe dream...Most of the articles I have read have foster going top 10 and howard going top 20. A lot could change but I would say at this point if either of those guys is at our pick we need to be sprinting to the podium. Especially if its Foster.

Quote Originally Posted by sodak_bronco View Post
    I think this is a pipe dream...Most of the articles I have read have foster going top 10 and howard going top 20. A lot could change but I would say at this point if either of those guys is at our pick we need to be sprinting to the podium. Especially if its Foster.
    if cam robinson drops out of the top 10, we need to move up and get him. that is my dream

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait