View Poll Results: Kayvon or Sly.Who to keep???

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kayvon Webster

4 100.00%
  • Sylvester Williams.

0 0%
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast
    We are not trading DT this year. The dead money hit would be too much. It would be more reasonable to cut or trade him after the 2017 season.

At this point, everyone on offense can be traded, including DT, Sanders, and CJ.

Having said that, no one's going to trade for DT with that contract, and same goes for CJ. You probably would get a decent deal for Sanders but he's literally our best player consistently, and has been for 2 years now. So if he's dealt, it better be for something really good.

The good thing about DT is his high contract drops from 15 mil to 12 mil next season. I don't see Sanders or DT going anywhere. CJ can go for all I care. Blount will be a FA this off season!!! We should go after him. He's a bruiser and build that O-line......

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    The good thing about DT is his high contract drops from 15 mil to 12 mil next season. I don't see Sanders or DT going anywhere. CJ can go for all I care. Blount will be a FA this off season!!! We should go after him. He's a bruiser and build that O-line......
    Blount signed with Pittsburgh a few years ago. Then was arrested, with Le'Veon Bell, for drugs. Suspended, didn't like Pittsburgh and then ended up getting himself cut so that he could sign right back in New England.

I would stay far away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Blount signed with Pittsburgh a few years ago. Then was arrested, with Le'Veon Bell, for drugs. Suspended, didn't like Pittsburgh and then ended up getting himself cut so that he could sign right back in New England.

I would stay far away from him.
    Blount is extremely fortunate that his Wide Receiver Coach at Oregon, Scott Frost, was in good enough physical shape to restrain him from punching out fans in the stands while at Oregon. If Frost hadn't been that strong Blount may not even have had an NFL career.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Blount is extremely fortunate that his Wide Receiver Coach at Oregon, Scott Frost, was in good enough physical shape to restrain him from punching out fans in the stands while at Oregon. If Frost hadn't been that strong Blount may not even have had an NFL career.
    Right, I forgot about him punching the Boise St player and going off.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Haha, so the receivers dropping balls is Thomas' fault? That's some interesting logic. Personally I'd start looking at Tyke Tolbert, but I guess it's easier to just blame a player you don't like.

The last two weeks Sanders has 4 total catches for 74 yards. He's been pretty invisible when Denver has needed him. 7 times he's caught 4 or less footballs during a game. 7 games he had less than 50 yards receiving. Part of that is on the QB, but there was also times where Sanders just didn't interested the last couple weeks. It's amazing everyone lets him slide, but they'd be destroying Thomas over the same thing.

I'm not saying Sanders is horrible player, in fact I'm a fan of his, but the whole notion out there that Thomas is awful and Sanders is the real number 1 receiver on this team is ridiculous. If Denver gets rid of either of them the offense gets even worse because defenses can just focus all of their attention on the one who's left.
    From 2010-16 the two leading receivers in the league are Antonio Brown and Demaryus Thomas with 8,377 yards and 7,657 yards, respectively. Antonio Brown has 50 TD and Demaryus Thomas has 52.

Antonio Brown has had Ben Roethlisberger his entire career other than games when Ben was injured. Demaryus Thomas has had Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, Peyton Manning, Brock Osweiler, Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch at quarterback.

DT leads in touchdowns and AB leads in yards. Given that DT has played with so many quarterbacks, one could say he's done pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    From 2010-16 the two leading receivers in the league are Antonio Brown and Demaryus Thomas with 8,377 yards and 7,657 yards, respectively. Antonio Brown has 50 TD and Demaryus Thomas has 52.

Antonio Brown has had Ben Roethlisberger his entire career other than games when Ben was injured. Demaryus Thomas has had Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, Peyton Manning, Brock Osweiler, Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch at quarterback.

DT leads in touchdowns and AB leads in yards. Given that DT has played with so many quarterbacks, one could say he's done pretty well.
    Exactly. I don't get the hate for him. He's not a loud, and boisterous guy like many WR's are; but he goes out there and does his job. Does he have some drops? Yep, but he's still worth the money and a WR1 spot on nearly any team in the NFL. Getting rid of him would be lunacy.

Adopted by: Andrewmlb
    Sig by: MHS

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Great post Frag! I'd cP you if they ever decide to let an iPhone have that option

Thanks.... it's the thought that counts...

If a trade of Sanders for Joe Thomas can be made, Elway needs to jump on that. Throw in Donald Stevenson too. If they want a mid round pick give them that too, but Sanders is a receiver that relies on good play from the QB and the QB relies on good play from the Oline. If they don't improve that Oline then it is all pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by KAPA View Post
    If a trade of Sanders for Joe Thomas can be made, Elway needs to jump on that. Throw in Donald Stevenson too. If they want a mid round pick give them that too, but Sanders is a receiver that relies on good play from the QB and the QB relies on good play from the Oline. If they don't improve that Oline then it is all pointless.
    Joe Thomas will be 33 next season. No freaking way! Give maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick for him, tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakshow View Post
    Exactly. I don't get the hate for him. He's not a loud, and boisterous guy like many WR's are; but he goes out there and does his job. Does he have some drops? Yep, but he's still worth the money and a WR1 spot on nearly any team in the NFL. Getting rid of him would be lunacy.
    I know. Production dropped slightly in 2015 and more this season however this is likely part of the decline of the offense. With the cap hit so high next year it wouldn't make sense to trade him.

A) Nobody HATES DT

B) It is easy to explain.
    -
    DT has dropped a LOT of critical 3rd down passes that hit him right in the numbers...
    or go right through his hands.

DT makes a spectacular catch, and you think..
    "Okay, there he is, THAT is the DT we can count on.."
    then, he turns around and drops another easy catch forcing a punt.
    -
    He is HIGHLY inconsistent...
    and that is why so many people are fed up with D "Butterfingers" T.
    (To quote another poster....)
    -
    Just explaining since you said you don't get it.
    -
    Now...
    someone will come back with a pile of season long stats
    to defend D"B" T..
    but stacked up stats..
    don't tell the story of inconsistency and letting his team mates down.
    -
    The only HATE is...
    fans hating when cheers turn to groans....
    as the ball hits him in the hands...
    and then he turns up field without securing the rock...
    the whistle blowing as the ball rolls across the turf...
    forcing another punt.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    A) Nobody HATES DT

B) It is easy to explain.
    -
    DT has dropped a LOT of critical 3rd down passes that hit him right in the numbers...
    or go right through his hands.

DT makes a spectacular catch, and you think..
    "Okay, there he is, THAT is the DT we can count on.."
    then, he turns around and drops another easy catch forcing a punt.
    -
    He is HIGHLY inconsistent...
    and that is why so many people are fed up with D "Butterfingers" T.
    (To quote another poster....)
    -
    Just explaining since you said you don't get it.
    -
    Now...
    someone will come back with a pile of season long stats
    to defend D"B" T..
    but stacked up stats..
    don't tell the story of inconsistency and letting his team mates down.
    -
    The only HATE is...
    fans hating when cheers turn to groans....
    as the ball hits him in the hands...
    and then he turns up field without securing the rock...
    the whistle blowing as the ball rolls across the turf...
    forcing another punt.
    He's had 7 dropped passes all year long. So it's not anywhere near as dire as you paint is or as frequent. Out of 86 receptions this year; he's dropped literally only 7. I'll take a solid WR1 that drops one of 11.5 catches any day because that's something he can work on. This was one of his worst years, so there's no reason to rag on him for one or two bad drop years when you add in the production he brings to the table.

And yes, Stats do tell the story because it tells us how many actual drops he HAS not just how many you want to remember because you're disappointed with him.

Heck Travis Kelce has less receptions, and less yards with 6 drops. Would you not want him around? He's even got a Catch per Target % higher than Jordy Nelson, Julian Edelman, Gregg Olsen and TY Hilton; and that's all while playing with two Rookie (for the most part) QB's who've made route mistakes and poor throws.
    Last edited by Brakshow; 12-29-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Yeah that's one example and there's not many more. You build through the draft and free agency. If you want to do trades then you trade draft picks for players if you really really want them. There's just no reason to trade our key weapons when we've got other means to acquire the talent we need.

Not to mention nearly every one you mentioned has a brand new contract or extension with us, so I doubt that's an option. Plus we're gonna have at least 30 mil in cap space this year before we even make cuts/people retire so we're sitting ok there and can play the free agent game more.

I just don't see it happening nor do I think it should.
    I Actually didn't mention anybody in specific. But tell me you wouldn't trade one star for three or four good lineman, Or several picks to get those lineman? And more specifically I said someone who is worth a lot now but soon won't be.