Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    It's called exaggeration - a literary device which means you don't read something literally.

The point I'm making is Manning had by far the better weapons than Brady did over his career. Brady had weapons too, but not at the level of Manning. Manning also played on a pass happy offense while for many years Brady played on a run first, defensive oriented team. Not to mention Manning not having to deal with the cold weather (we know how poorly he plays in the cold) and getting the benefit of a domed stadium. Same deal with Brees.
    A Brady fan exaggerating Brady's exploits. There's a shocker.

The point I successfully made is that Brady played with a better Hall of Famer than Manning ever played with, and padded his stats to the tune of 50 touchdowns in the process. Manning, on the other hand, threw 55 touchdowns OUTSIDE, at altitude where Brady always sucks, and had zero hall of fame receivers. You can whine about Brady being on run first, defensive minded teams all you want, just miss me with any exaggerations about Brady's role in the championships those defensive minded teams won.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Once again my point flew right over your head! If Brees hadn't been traded, how do you know what the future would have been...Mr. Fortune Teller?

Here it comes....you used a capital M (Manning) but small d (Dilfer)....your crazy lazy ways shining through....again!

Anyway....a QB with two super bowl rings, "ELI MANNING", is amazing when compared to a QB with not even a super bowl appearance, "RIVERS". And "ELI MANNING" did it both times against the Patriots!

And yes, performance does count but if it never gets you the "RING" it's not really amazing...just pretty good.
    poor performance can and has gotten players rings. the fact you put 100% of stock into winning a ring and none into the actual performance of the player really tells me everything i need to know. eli is absolute trash, trent dilfer? trash. doug williams? trash. brad johnson? trash. joe flacco??

so you're telling me flacco is a better QB than dan marinio, dan fouts, and phil rivers? flacco and eli are "amazing" and those guys just pretty good?

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    A Brady fan exaggerating Brady's exploits. There's a shocker.

The point I successfully made is that Brady played with a better Hall of Famer than Manning ever played with, and padded his stats to the tune of 50 touchdowns in the process. Manning, on the other hand, threw 55 touchdowns OUTSIDE, at altitude where Brady always sucks, and had zero hall of fame receivers. You can whine about Brady being on run first, defensive minded teams all you want, just miss me with any exaggerations about Brady's role in the championships those defensive minded teams won.
    You didn't successfully argue anthing. Brady had Moss for what, 3 and a half seasons? Manning had Marvin Harrison (HOFer) for 11 seasons and Reggie Wayne for 14 seasons (soon to be HOFer). And thanks genius, but throwing in the altitude is always easier since the ball travels better. And it wasn't the altitude that got to Brady but a good Denver defense.

Manning threw more touchdowns to Marvin Harrison (112) than Brady did to Randy Moss and Gronk combined as of the beginning of 2018...let that sink in with you.

Manning TDs to Harrison/Wayne - 179

Brady TDs to Moss/Gronk - 115

So you tell me who had the bigger benefit of HOF pass catchers?

You didn't successfully argue anthing. Brady had Moss for what, 3 and a half seasons? Manning had Marvin Harrison (HOFer) for 11 seasons and Reggie Wayne for 14 seasons (soon to be HOFer). And thanks genius, but throwing in the altitude is always easier since the ball travels better. And it wasn't the altitude that got to Brady but a good Denver defense.

Manning threw more touchdowns to Marvin Harrison (112) than Brady did to Randy Moss and Gronk combined as of the beginning of 2018...let that sink in with you.

Correct, I didn't "argue" anything. I looked at a reference, the first reference that came to mind, and proved that you were wrong about Brady not padding his stats. If figured, since you're so hung up on diminishing Manning's accomplishments, why not kill two birds with one stone and talk about how Brady threw about 80 touchdowns during his time with the 2nd best receiver in NFL History.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    poor performance can and has gotten players rings. the fact you put 100% of stock into winning a ring and none into the actual performance of the player really tells me everything i need to know. eli is absolute trash, trent dilfer? trash. doug williams? trash. brad johnson? trash. joe flacco??

so you're telling me flacco is a better QB than dan marinio, dan fouts, and phil rivers? flacco and eli are "amazing" and those guys just pretty good?
    Are we talking about the same thing here? It's blatantly obvious and consistent of you to totally not understand what human beings say. You twist and mangle simple dialog into something you think you interpreted correctly by putting words into peoples mouths by stating: "so you're telling me" or by saying nothing relevant to the conversation by vomiting lame accusations and crazy analysis of what you believe another person is thinking. Unbelievable!

So, are you telling me Rivers ongoing "poor performance" and Flaccos ongoing "poor performance" can still get them rings?

Please spare us your never ending boring convoluted drama (aka trash) and lame analysis of NFL subject matter.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Ok let me ask you this, if brady is the greatest, then why has drew Bree’s put up such greater numbers in the same time frame with less talent?

Correct, I didn't "argue" anything. I looked at a reference, the first reference that came to mind, and proved that you were wrong about Brady not padding his stats. If figured, since you're so hung up on diminishing Manning's accomplishments, why not kill two birds with one stone and talk about how Brady threw about 80 touchdowns during his time with the 2nd best receiver in NFL History.
    You can't point to one or 2 games and say Brady is a stat padder. Manning has just as many pass attempts in his career as Brady...in a much shorter time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Ok let me ask you this, if brady is the greatest, then why has drew Bree’s put up such greater numbers in the same time frame with less talent?
    It's much easier to play in a dome 8-12 games a year

It's much easier to play in a dome 8-12 games a year
    Yeah that’s a horse apple answer if I’ve ever heard one. Bree’s by far is a better QB let alone Peyton Manning.

Ask anyone in one of you’re silly polls who they’d take between Manning, Brees, and Brady and see how many actually chose Manning and Brees over the asinine cheetah!

Oh yeah but make it a national poll and not just consistenting of planet ass.

You can't point to one or 2 games and say Brady is a stat padder. Manning has just as many pass attempts in his career as Brady...in a much shorter time frame.
    Learn how to read. lol.

Learn how to read. lol.
    Great answer....

i miss the chargers from last year, when rivers wasn't on his end of career decline and the chargers didn't suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Yeah that’s a horse apple answer if I’ve ever heard one. Bree’s by far is a better QB let alone Peyton Manning.

Ask anyone in one of you’re silly polls who they’d take between Manning, Brees, and Brady and see how many actually chose Manning and Brees over the asinine cheetah!

Oh yeah but make it a national poll and not just consistenting of planet ass.
    I prefer the HOF QBs who pretty much agree Brady is the best...

https://nesn.com/2019/10/six-hall-of...greatest-ever/

I prefer the HOF QBs who pretty much agree Brady is the best...

https://nesn.com/2019/10/six-hall-of...greatest-ever/
    They are bias while “protecting the shield”. Too bad Robert Krack and Bill Belicheat don’t feel the same however I’m sure all those guy on nfl network fib the truth by Goodells order.

It’s a lame attempt to cover up the asinine cheetahs ways.

Anyway this is how the GOATs will be remembered

Here’s how the cheetah and his friends will be remembered
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-20-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Great answer....
    Why, were you exaggerating again?