Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Brady hasn't broken Manning's touchdown record yet? How many rules do they have to come up with to prolong Brady's career until this happens? We've got officials telling people to stay off Brady now. How has this dude not broken the touchdown record yet? lol. What is he now, 42?

Right Baph, because Cutler went on to win a SB and turn a franchise around. Come on man.
    Brady will do it this year. Sorry for the delay. Brady didn't have the luxury of playing in a dome stadium his entire career with HOF wideouts. And Brady doesn't like to pad his stats, other than with super bowl wins.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    No we don’t miss brees, the chargers were no different with him than we were after he left.

We actually won playoff games with rivers and rivers never played bad enough to get benched either.

Do you miss cutler? May as well bring him back, he would be an upgrade over Flacco probably.
    Maybe you should miss Brees and it's impossible to know the difference if he wasn't thrown under the bus.

More of your lame stupid fortune telling nonsense.

All the QB's I listed were/are elite. More lameness for you to inject Cutler in the post.

So that allows me to ask "do you miss Billy Joe Tolliver or Ryan Leaf or Doug Flutie?"

How about Stan Humphries? At least he got the Dolts to the super bowl!
    Utah Bronco Freak

Right Baph, because Cutler went on to win a SB and turn a franchise around. Come on man.
    Are you referring to Flacco? Are you really still holding onto the fact he was once a good QB 7 years ago?

I was half kidding about cutler but really bro, do you honestly think that would be much worse than what youíre getting out of Flacco?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Maybe you should miss Brees and it's impossible to know the difference if he wasn't thrown under the bus.

More of your lame stupid fortune telling nonsense.

All the QB's I listed were/are elite. More lameness for you to inject Cutler in the post.

So that allows me to ask "do you miss Billy Joe Tolliver or Ryan Leaf or Doug Flutie?"

How about Stan Humphries? At least he got the Dolts to the super bowl!
    Fortune telling? What I posted is 100% fact. Brees never got us one playoff win, he choked to the jets at home just like rivers did and he got benched in favor of Doug flutie in 2003.

Stan the man isnít even a top 3 chargers QB of all time, typical know nothing only sees wins and not actual performance.

You must think Trent dilfer and Eli Manning were amazing QBís

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12;5844842[B
    ]Brady will do it this year. Sorry for the delay. [/B] Brady didn't have the luxury of playing in a dome stadium his entire career with HOF wideouts. And Brady doesn't like to pad his stats, other than with super bowl wins.
    Why, were there more rule changes to aid and assist?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Why, were there more rule changes to aid and assist?
    First of all, Manning was a clear beneficiary of the way refs called the game. It was his GM at the time Bill Polian who pushed for illegal contact being called more often after 5 yards from the line of scrimmage. Manning was owned by Ty Law, and Manning couldn't compete so Polian did the next best thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Brady will do it this year. Sorry for the delay. Brady didn't have the luxury of playing in a dome stadium his entire career with HOF wideouts. And Brady doesn't like to pad his stats, other than with super bowl wins.
    9/23/07 Randy Moss 45 yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady 38-7 NE
    10/1/07 Randy Moss 14 yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady 34-13 NE
    10/21/07 Wes Welker 16 yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady 49-21 NE
    10/28/07 Wes Welker 2 yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady 45-0 NE
    11/18/07 Ben Watson 3 yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady 42-7 NE

Are you referring to Flacco? Are you really still holding onto the fact he was once a good QB 7 years ago?

I was half kidding about cutler but really bro, do you honestly think that would be much worse than what you’re getting out of Flacco?
    I was talkin about Brees, man. No, I got nothin for Flacco. lol.

9/23/07 Randy Moss 45 yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady 38-7 NE
    10/1/07 Randy Moss 14 yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady 34-13 NE
    10/21/07 Wes Welker 16 yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady 49-21 NE
    10/28/07 Wes Welker 2 yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady 45-0 NE
    11/18/07 Ben Watson 3 yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady 42-7 NE

Please learn to read. I said his entire career with HOF wideouts. Brady had Moss for a few years and Gronk from 2010-2018 (when he was healthy). Manning had Marvin Harrison from 1998 to 2008 and Reggie Wayne from 2001 to 2013. And you really went to 2007 as an example of why Brady supposedly pads his stats? No argument about Manning playing in a dome? If Manning played in Foxboro, he'd have maybe 75% of the stats that he ended up with.

Please learn to read. I said his entire career with HOF wideouts. Brady had Moss for a few years and Gronk from 2010-2018 (when he was healthy). Manning had Marvin Harrison from 1998 to 2008 and Reggie Wayne from 2001 to 2013. And you really went to 2007 as an example of why Brady supposedly pads his stats? No argument about Manning playing in a dome? If Manning played in Foxboro, he'd have maybe 75% of the stats that he ended up with.
    Brady has done good with nameless receivers, but he has also had a hall of fame coach and defensive mastermind and that has been the real difference.
    Peyton despite all his numbers won 2 SBís when he had dominate defenses.
    We saw Brady lost in a shootout to Foles and the eagles.

Now before you flip out , i am not putting Brady down at all, i consider him and Montana 1A and 1B as the GOAT at Qb. Iím just stating something that is rarely brought up and that is Brady is no where near as successful with Bellichek and vice versa.

How would you like me to read "entire career with HOF wideouts"? Do you want me to assume that you incorrectly think Manning played his "entire" career with HOF wideouts, or do you want me to draw the conclusion that you don't know the meaning of the word "entire"?

Let's get this straight though. Just to be clear here. Are you saying that you don't think a 2 yard touchdown pass in the 4th quarter of a game you are winning 38 to 0 constitutes "padding stats"? Is that what you're telling me? Is this the argument you wish to make?

Fortune telling? What I posted is 100% fact. Brees never got us one playoff win, he choked to the jets at home just like rivers did and he got benched in favor of Doug flutie in 2003.

Stan the man isn’t even a top 3 chargers QB of all time, typical know nothing only sees wins and not actual performance.

You must think Trent dilfer and Eli Manning were amazing QB’s
    Once again my point flew right over your head! If Brees hadn't been traded, how do you know what the future would have been...Mr. Fortune Teller?

Here it comes....you used a capital M (Manning) but small d (Dilfer)....your crazy lazy ways shining through....again!

Anyway....a QB with two super bowl rings, "ELI MANNING", is amazing when compared to a QB with not even a super bowl appearance, "RIVERS". And "ELI MANNING" did it both times against the Patriots!

And yes, performance does count but if it never gets you the "RING" it's not really amazing...just pretty good.
    Utah Bronco Freak

First of all, Manning was a clear beneficiary of the way refs called the game. It was his GM at the time Bill Polian who pushed for illegal contact being called more often after 5 yards from the line of scrimmage. Manning was owned by Ty Law, and Manning couldn't compete so Polian did the next best thing.
    Well perhaps they felt it was only fair after they made up the tuck rule for cry brady

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Brady has done good with nameless receivers, but he has also had a hall of fame coach and defensive mastermind and that has been the real difference.
    Peyton despite all his numbers won 2 SB’s when he had dominate defenses.
    We saw Brady lost in a shootout to Foles and the eagles.

Now before you flip out , i am not putting Brady down at all, i consider him and Montana 1A and 1B as the GOAT at Qb. I’m just stating something that is rarely brought up and that is Brady is no where near as successful with Bellichek and vice versa.
    I wouldn't flip out - it's the same thing I believe. However, I'm tallking about Manning's numbers. Manning benefited greatly by playing in a dome most of his career in addition to having better weapons than Brady did. The patriots with Brady were a run first team for man years (2001-2006). It was not until 2007 when Belichick realized that Brady developed into a great QB that he took the training wheels off and let him be great. Thus, for the first 6 years of his career, Brady was not padding his stats. Manning was padding his stats from the get go. In 2006 when he finally won a title his Colts team was not that great offensively, but solid defensively when Bob Sanders returned from injury and a pretty good running game. Put Brady in Manning's shoes and Brady would put up just as many numbers as Manning did and wouldn't have taken so long to break his records.

How would you like me to read "entire career with HOF wideouts"? Do you want me to assume that you incorrectly think Manning played his "entire" career with HOF wideouts, or do you want me to draw the conclusion that you don't know the meaning of the word "entire"?

Let's get this straight though. Just to be clear here. Are you saying that you don't think a 2 yard touchdown pass in the 4th quarter of a game you are winning 38 to 0 constitutes "padding stats"? Is that what you're telling me? Is this the argument you wish to make?
    It's called exaggeration - a literary device which means you don't read something literally.

The point I'm making is Manning had by far the better weapons than Brady did over his career. Brady had weapons too, but not at the level of Manning. Manning also played on a pass happy offense while for many years Brady played on a run first, defensive oriented team. Not to mention Manning not having to deal with the cold weather (we know how poorly he plays in the cold) and getting the benefit of a domed stadium. Same deal with Brees.