Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Demaryius Thomas

What a horrible contract that was. What happened to this guy ? He was awful last year and not much better this year. He was a game changing, top 5 wide previously. Was it the contract ? Not blaming QB play, a lot of top wides have bad QB's. he is nowhere near the Browns, Beckhams, Julios and jos contract says he should be.

He has a 'Gentle Giant' type of complex.

In other words he doesn't use his size to intimidate or play physical and plays with no fire or aggression. He runs his routes and that's about it, he doesn't demand or command the football.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

I think we should define the word awful.

DT is the type of wr that needs a great QB to make himself great. He's not the kind of WR that will take over a game on his own imo. He has shown flashes in games where he could but he is just way to inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    He has a 'Gentle Giant' type of complex.

In other words he doesn't use his size to intimidate or play physical and plays with no fire or aggression. He runs his routes and that's about it, he doesn't demand or command the football.
    ^^^^ This. He has no grit. Sanders is twice the WR Thomas is.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Right!

Sanders plays as though he's Thomas' size and Thomas plays as though he's Sanders' size.

Rod Smith and Shannon Sharpe should be brought in this off-season to teach him how to be a 'physical' receiver.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 12-26-2016 at 06:45 AM.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

This isn't meant to be pile on time, but I see all the other WRs talking to coaches, talking to the QBs, walking up and down the sideline.

Where's DT? Standing by himself almost the whole game.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    And yet he got one catch the entire night that amounted to nothing.

I've said it all year, I hope they use him as trade bait. We can find a replacement that is good quality for much cheaper and give use the same production as DT. Look at the Patriots, they have used average wideouts for years and get great production. Yes they have Brady but they don't bust the bank on WR's.

I'm very disappointed in DT. I used to be a huge supporter but I can't anymore. It doesn't seem like he even wants to be out there anymore. He seems bored, has zero fight in him and lacks effort and focus.

Two plays last night come to mind...he could have fought for the first down but didn't, and he could have fought for the ball on the "almost int." Both plays showed to me that he has no effort and I'm done with him. If he's bored and doesn't seem to care, I want him gone.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    And yet he got one catch the entire night that amounted to nothing.
    He can only catch what is throwing at him. How many chances did he get from Siemian?
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    He can only catch what is throwing at him. How many chances did he get from Siemian?
    1 of 3 for 33%

DT 3 of 8 for 37.5%

Both extremely miserable numbers. But both also partially a result of their ability to get open.

But really it's mostly on the oline. When Booker gets targeted 10 times it's probably due to trying to fight through oline issues. Which affects everyone.

No o-line problems here. Just QB problems.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I'm usually hard on DT but I take him for what he is. With that said until we get a QB that can feed both him and sanders both of their contacts are gonna look like waste. With two receivers making 10+ mill we should be top 5 in passing.

I still dont understand the hate. He has posted 5 straight years of 1,000+ yards. I get that people dont like his calm demeanor and hes not all fired up like Dez all the time, but that doesnt mean hes not trying. He does have lapses here and there but his production cannot be ignored and people calling for him to be traded is a joke.

You need to come to grips that he just isnt as good as Antonio Brown or OBJ. If you can do that, you can see that we have a top 10 WR in football on this team.

I get that he might need to restructure his contract, but to call for his release is just being spoiled and bratty because you dont have the best of the best and the kid down the street does.