Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CJ Anderson

CJ Anderson

Was just looking at the Broncos cap situation, and noticed that CJ Anderson didn't get a signing bonus, he got a roster bonus in year 1, so there's no cap penalty to release him going forward. He seems like a player who will be going into camp needing to earn the starting job and stay healthy or else he might not be here any longer.

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos/

Also intersting to note different players and cap savings if they're released.

Top-line cap space we should have near $40 million with the '17 increase - $50 million without Okung.

CJ plays with heart and he runs strong when healthy. His history tells us we'll get ~8 games a season.

I think Booker can improve - he's much better catching out of the backfield. Some good coaching should help him read the holes better.

Forsett looked decent and he didn't have a lot of work this season. I know he's getting up there in age however he might be an option depending on the offense we end up with.

Bibbs was starting to emerge before the ankle sprain.

I'm in the minority but think Ray Rice can still play if he has camp and preseason to prepare. He would sign for the minimum and said he would donate all of his salary. Long shot but just a thought. That ship has sailed and odds are almost zero he takes another handoff.

Christian McCaffrey - not sure he'll be around at #20.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 01-03-2017 at 06:37 PM.

an Anderson/ Forsett back field would be interesting next year

While I really like what CJ brings to the table, I wouldn't be to opposed to cutting him. This is a deep RB class, and CJ is injury prone.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Was just looking at the Broncos cap situation, and noticed that CJ Anderson didn't get a signing bonus, he got a roster bonus in year 1, so there's no cap penalty to release him going forward. He seems like a player who will be going into camp needing to earn the starting job and stay healthy or else he might not be here any longer.

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos/

Also intersting to note different players and cap savings if they're released.
    We definitely missed him this year, but he's simply not been reliable for us. If he doesn't break out in 2017 I could easily see Elway releasing him for the extra 9 million in cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    While I really like what CJ brings to the table, I wouldn't be to opposed to cutting him. This is a deep RB class, and CJ is injury prone.
    I tend to agree with this. He just can't stay healthy. While I'm not sure they cut him any time soon, I think if they can find an upgrade in free agency or the draft, he's in trouble, and I firmly believe he's a guy fighting for a roster spot, meaning he either makes the team as a starter, or he's gone in September.

There's also the possibility he becomes the next of Elway's forced pay cuts this year.

I do love me some Dalvin Cook. If only he were still there at 20...

While he is injured a lot, we missed a vet out there this year. Seems like he needs different conditioning to minimize his injuries.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at Donta Foreman from Texas if we lose CJ.

He should be gone. With Bibbs Forsett and Booker we are fine.

We have so many other glaring needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post

That's not "fine". No way would I be fine with that stable of RBs. Our next coach might not even want to bring Forsett back. Bibbs is garbage. People have held out hope for him for years and nothing has come. Time to move on folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post

That's what a lot of fans said about Hillman after Booker and Bibbs had a few good runs in preseason. Kubiak tried to claim Hillman when the production dropped off a cliff.

With CJ the Broncos averaged 112 yards/game. He went on IR and rushing dropped to 70 yards/game. If you could point to one reason we missed the playoffs it was because the run production dropped.

Having said that he has trouble staying healthy.

Have you not learned anything from Booker? In spite of what people think, rookie RBs are not effective unless you the Cowboys' o-line. The game doesn't slow down for them enough until their 3rd year. You can draft a RB but he can play behind the starters.
    BCMB Div 1 - Rollin' with Mahomies

Definitely tough to rely on CJ - have to assume he'll only be healthy half the season. But, his cap hit drops next year so not a bad idea to bring him back unless you really want the extra cap space.

I did hear the CJ is one that gets in other player's faces and calls them out when they don't do their job. Seems like that is something generally lacking on the offensive side of the ball so would be nice to have that back.

As for Forsett - he's considering retirement so may not be available even if the new coach wanted him.

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    Have you not learned anything from Booker? In spite of what people think, rookie RBs are not effective unless you the Cowboys' o-line. The game doesn't slow down for them enough until their 3rd year. You can draft a RB but he can play behind the starters.
    Obviously we aren't keeping our current OL. That point to is moot. We will upgrade the OL, and if Elway and Co. think CJ can be cut, I trust them.