Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I don't disagree with that either. I am certainly not the guy saying ditch DT. That all being said I do think we need to mix up our offensive groupings ALOT. For example DT on one side and put Raymond and Sanders together on the other. Most teams don't have two guys who van keep pace with both of those players. Similarly I look at Taylor and DT and think that by mixing in both as a number 1 and number two and then perhaps a TE as a receiver or something to that effect could also have a great impact.

I digress a bit...to me I see Taylor as a guy who has shown true and measurable progress from one season to the next. He has also proven he can play at an NFL level. For me id like to see him move up the rotation and play more to see what he truly can do with more reps.
    I agree with you. I didn't love the way the Broncos used formations this year, and I didn't see enough motions from them. You can really create mismatches and get the defense off balance based on how you use formations and motions.

I think putting a trips side of Taylor, Sanders and Raymond on one side and Thomas iso on the back would give Denver some interesting matchups. The way you put Taylor, Sanders and Raymond (or some other speed receiver) on the trips side can really create some matchup issues for the defense.

I also think lining a WR (Thomas or Sanders) up in the RB spot and having them release from the backfield gives you a good matchup. It's not an every down matchup, but once or twice a game, or even once every few games gives you a matchup advantage.

Another good thing about motions it gives the QB a good read on man or zone based on the adjustment by the defense. Does the defensive player travel across with him? If not how did the defense adjust on the side that was motioned to?

The advantage an offense has is that it knows exactly what they're doing and where they're going, a defense has to ultimately read and react, if you give the defense something that they're not expecting, it can give you the chance to make big plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncodoodle View Post
    DMac is just doing his job; he's the hype machine for 104.3 - nothing more.
    He's Denver's Stephen A. Smith, minus the incorrectly placed $5 words.

How many know nothing media members do you have in Denver? Woody Paige knows next to nothing, but he was good for getting people to divulge inside reports to him. But outside of exactly what he was told he knew nothing. Mark Kizla knows nothing, and basically just writes contrarian columns constantly. No matter what the popular opinion is in Denver, Kizla will write a column going forcefully against it. Now this DMac guy. Does Denver have anyone who actually knows what they're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    How many know nothing media members do you have in Denver? Woody Paige knows next to nothing, but he was good for getting people to divulge inside reports to him. But outside of exactly what he was told he knew nothing. Mark Kizla knows nothing, and basically just writes contrarian columns constantly. No matter what the popular opinion is in Denver, Kizla will write a column going forcefully against it. Now this DMac guy. Does Denver have anyone who actually knows what they're talking about?
    You know, Dmac gets a lot of crap, but he's pretty entertaining. He'll be the first person to tell you when he talks it's his opinion. He's very dedicated to the fan and to fans of their show. He doesn't pull punches with athletes during interviews (Von, is smoking marijuana part of your life?) He does write some good articles every so often for Mile High Sports magazine.

He's a color guy. Plain and simple. And he's doing his job because people can't keep his name outta their mouth.

EDIT: Also, he doesn't care what you or anyone else thinks of him. He's a man who makes his money being reactionary and giving opinions. He'll never win. He will always have people calling him an idiot no matter what side he comes down on.
    Last edited by CoryWinget81; 01-05-2017 at 06:37 AM.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I agree with you. I didn't love the way the Broncos used formations this year, and I didn't see enough motions from them. You can really create mismatches and get the defense off balance based on how you use formations and motions.

I think putting a trips side of Taylor, Sanders and Raymond on one side and Thomas iso on the back would give Denver some interesting matchups. The way you put Taylor, Sanders and Raymond (or some other speed receiver) on the trips side can really create some matchup issues for the defense.

I also think lining a WR (Thomas or Sanders) up in the RB spot and having them release from the backfield gives you a good matchup. It's not an every down matchup, but once or twice a game, or even once every few games gives you a matchup advantage.

Another good thing about motions it gives the QB a good read on man or zone based on the adjustment by the defense. Does the defensive player travel across with him? If not how did the defense adjust on the side that was motioned to?

The advantage an offense has is that it knows exactly what they're doing and where they're going, a defense has to ultimately read and react, if you give the defense something that they're not expecting, it can give you the chance to make big plays.
    If you look at the various mixup I had in my post I was looking to go with a speed set or group and a size group. Both options would likely yield good miss matches. I had no though of motioning more but once you got me thinking I agree...I could also see that approach helping our young QBS out and ultimately develop.

Also having bunches and a WR in the backfield as you stated is a great idea. I also like the idea of a big running set which we could also throw out of. Particularly with a FB and a large RB almost interchanging roles.

That all said I think Sanders compliments most of our potential formations perfectly and ultimately commands one of our opponents top cover DB'S. Likewise with DT. If we were able to throw the ball better we'd ultimately force one to be doubled and really allow our offense to let loose.

DMac is an idiot. He was taking shots at Sanders again yesterday. One of the main reasons I can't stand the Drive. I listen to the Fan App (since i am in Texas) and I listen to Stink and Evans during my drive to work. Not a fan of Evans but I love me some Stink.

Outside of that it's mostly listening to the 'highlights' and the call in talking heads.

Sanders has been a consistent baller for us. I am entrenched in the keep Sanders, trade DT camp.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I agree, comparing their contracts and stats Sanders is a great deal compared to DT.
    Sanders plays lights out. I have wver seen him take plays off like DT. Darnel Mcfee "D-Mac" is wrong!