Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Former Broncos To Possibly Sign For 2017

Due to either injuries, poor production, and/or huge cap hits, the odds are high for multiple former Broncos to be cut.

IF the money and years are right, which, if any, former Broncos might be worth seriously considering bringing back?

Ryan Clady
    Eddie Royal
    Jay Cutler
    Julius Thomas
    Eric Decker
    Brandon Marshall

There's probably a few more but those are the only ones I can think of right now.

I think Eddie Royal is intriguing. He is 30 and has had bad years in Chicago but he's familiar with Kubiak and his offense, he can return punts so we can hopefully get rid of Norwood for good, Latimer hasn't excelled like we hoped so Royal could provide some needed production in the slot.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Brandon Marshal. Wait - he had one more drop than DT this season with fewer receptions. Not sure we can handle more threads on that topic.

Good luck with this thread, 5 of the 6 names you listed are pretty much hated here

I've always loved Eric Decker but we have WRs already. He's coming off a bad injury too. Wish we never let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Good luck with this thread, 5 of the 6 names you listed are pretty much hated here
    5 of 6? Cutler is really the only one that's hated in large consensus.

With all the warm, fuzzy feelings many have for the OL this year, I am surprised to see Julias Thomas on this list.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    With all the warm, fuzzy feelings many have for the OL this year, I am surprised to see Julias Thomas on this list.
    What do you mean? It's just a list of former Broncos that are likely to get cut.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    The only one worth a try, if Kubiak returns, is Jay Cutler. Let's not forget, it was the defense that kept him from getting to the playoffs in Denver.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    5 of 6? Cutler is really the only one that's hated in large consensus.
    Ummm.... yeah, sure

They called Julius Thomas girl names
    They called Brandon Marshall a head case
    They hated Decker's drops, and the slide, and that one time he tripped
    Okung was going to be way better than Clady because he wouldn't take a paycut
    Last edited by Broncos-R-Great; 12-31-2016 at 11:03 AM.

Break out the member berries.

But seriously none of those wide receivers are interested or cheap enough to be 3rd options. I would love to bring Julius back but that's one more player that will fuss about not getting enough balls thrown his way unless we sign a better QB.

Jay cutler looks like he lost his passion this year. He did not want to be there. All I know is he is an interception machine and folks will boo him out the stadium his first 3int game.

Didn't clady leave on sour terms?

Due to either injuries, poor production, and/or huge cap hits, the odds are high for multiple former Broncos to be cut.

IF the money and years are right, which, if any, former Broncos might be worth seriously considering bringing back?

Ryan Clady
    Eddie Royal
    Jay Cutler
    Julius Thomas
    Eric Decker
    Brandon Marshall

There's probably a few more but those are the only ones I can think of right now.

I think Eddie Royal is intriguing. He is 30 and has had bad years in Chicago but he's familiar with Kubiak and his offense, he can return punts so we can hopefully get rid of Norwood for good, Latimer hasn't excelled like we hoped so Royal could provide some needed production in the slot.
    Royal is a decent 3rd option but I think Raymond with a full offseason can become that return/slot guy for us.

Marshall and Decker while they are good we already have guys signed like Thomas and Sanders who can perform their jobs as well or better. I'd also argue that Taylor is emerging as a Deckeresque player for us and would be a cheaper option anyways.

Clady is not the same player he once was and I truly question if he can stay healthy...period.

Thomas while he is a receiving threat has not shown he can stay on the field. We already have one of those in the TE group in Jeff H.

Jay Cutler has shown throughout his career that when he is on he can be ON but what is worse is he has also shown that when things are not tickitey boo he can be the worst QB in the league. I say no thanks. For me id like to see Glennon here...

Ryan Clady
    Eddie Royal
    Jay Cutler
    Julius Thomas
    Eric Decker
    Brandon Marshall

Ryan Clady - Sure. He was a beast when healthy and can't be any worse now then what we currently have.

Eddie Royal - Sure. He beasted his rookie year then Shanny got fired and he was never really used by McError or Fox. He's better than anything we have at WR after D. Thomas & E. Sanders. If nothing else he can be our designated KR/PR and an upgrade.

Jay Cutler - NO. I was pissed when McError ran him off but he's well beyond fixing at this stage of his career.

Julius Thomas - NO. Too soft against stiff/physical competition and no P. Manning to get him the ball.

Eric Decker - 50/50. He's better than anything we have at WR after D. Thomas & E. Sanders but like J. Thomas, he's too soft against stiff/physical competition.

Brandon Marshall - Sure. Wish he had never left. May have 1-3 years left in the tank and maybe he can teach DT how to play physical and light a fire in him.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Break out the member berries.

But seriously none of those wide receivers are interested or cheap enough to be 3rd options. I would love to bring Julius back but that's one more player that will fuss about not getting enough balls thrown his way unless we sign a better QB.

Jay cutler looks like he lost his passion this year. He did not want to be there. All I know is he is an interception machine and folks will boo him out the stadium his first 3int game.

Didn't clady leave on sour terms?

What Passion?
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

Ryan Clady-Sure if the price was right for competition, couldn't hurt

Eddie Royal-Wouldn't mind this, he could help out in return game too,

Jay Cutler-NOOOOO, he is what he is and Id rather look to the future with our younger ones. I wouldn't want him leading my pee wee team

Julius Thomas-No, Wont' block, very soft, cuts his nail and won't play and think Manning made him look better than he was.

Eric Decker- I think our top 2 are better already and he won't come cheap enough although I'd like to have him

Brandon Marshall-Brandon Marshall wants nothing to do with Denver. We also can't afford him. Would love to have him though especially so maybe he could show Thomas a thing or two about Physicality
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

Brandon Marshall has never played in the playoffs. That's sad I feel bad for him. I still like him even though i dont always Agree with him. Imagine DT him and sanders in the slot. He has always said he would love to come back to Denver but even a bargain deal don't see Elway pulling the trigger. Watch him end up in NE which would be very scary

Decker a FA? Don't see him being cut

Cutler said a lot about Elway so that will never happen

JT has been a bust so no thank you

Always liked Clady would love him on the cheap. Going to be hard to find good Oline in FA

Loved Royal as well but he is always hurt and not more then a 3/4 guy