Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Tom Coughlin only due to age. I would like to see someone I their 50's or younger.

Rex Ryan no explanation needed.

Jeff fisher. When you approach the record for losses its a sign to give it up

Find an OC that hasn't been doing it for just one or two years. A seasoned OC would work for me.

e.g., Darrell Bevell Seahawks OC since 2011
    BCMB Div 1 - Rollin' with Mahomies

I'm gonna say Coach T should not be interviewed.

https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Joe DeCamillis

Any NE asst. (they've all proven to be garbage away from NE and Belichick)
    Jeff Fisher
    Rex/Rob Ryan
    Any old retread

Let's just interview (and hire) Kid Shanahan while ATL's on their bye.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Fantastic offense of Coordinator but I'm not so sure as a head coach.
    I don't know. Take away some of the big injuries the team suffered and the Chargers could have had a great year last year if not this year. But I get your point.

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    Find an OC that hasn't been doing it for just one or two years. A seasoned OC would work for me.

e.g., Darrell Bevell Seahawks OC since 2011
    Seahawks fans hate Bevell, and have wanted him gone almost every single year. And even though Pete Carroll took the blame for the call in the Super Bowl, he doesn't call offensive plays, Bevell was fully responsible for that. Not to mention he's not the architect of their running game, that's Tom Cable.

Just say no to Gruden!!!

I know he claims he's not available but still...
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Jeff Fisher
    Rex/Rob Ryan
    Any old retread

Okay let's play this out a little further, what if during the interview Shanahan says he wants to replace every coach, are you okay with that? What if he demands personnel control?

I'm not sure he's ready to be an HC, this year was his first good year as an OC in a while, after several bad years. I don't think he's ready to be a HC yet.

Rich Kotite

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Okay let's play this out a little further, what if during the interview Shanahan says he wants to replace every coach, are you okay with that? What if he demands personnel control?

I'm not sure he's ready to be an HC, this year was his first good year as an OC in a while, after several bad years. I don't think he's ready to be a HC yet.

I say/prefer Kyle (or someone in-house) in hopes of improving while keeping the Shanahan/Kubiak style offense and in hopes that he leaves the defense intact if Wade still wants to be DC.

If someone is brought in from outside of the 'Orange & Blue' umbrella then he will most likely want to change up both sides of the ball which I won't be happy with.

Jeff Fisher
    Rex/Rob Ryan
    Any old retread

Interview definitely happens in bye week.The hire I think we can take due diligence and wait and interview others because Im pretty sure Denver would be kid Shanahan's dream appointment ala Kubes as Shanahan snr would be with him in Cherry creek and his fathers history with the broncos.So he would basically not sign elsewhere to he had Denver's answer.Not to mention Denver finished 9-7 and are only a year removed from a Super Bowl.This is the dream job for all prospective coaches.

I say/prefer Kyle (or someone in-house) in hopes of improving while keeping the Shanahan/Kubiak style offense and in hopes that he leaves the defense intact if Wade still wants to be DC.

If someone is brought in from outside of the 'Orange & Blue' umbrella then he will most likely want to change up both sides of the ball which I won't be happy with.
    I don't consider Kyle Shanahan part of the "orange and blue umbrella" because he's never coached in Denver. Obviously his father did, and he was on the sidelines in Super Bowl XXXII, but I don't consider him part of the Broncos lineage.

I think if they keep it in-house Dennison is the guy, and I'm not sure that's a bad thing. People blame him for the offense, and that might be fair, but not being a strong Coordinator it's likely he wouldn't want to do that as a HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I don't consider Kyle Shanahan part of the "orange and blue umbrella" because he's never coached in Denver. Obviously his father did, and he was on the sidelines in Super Bowl XXXII, but I don't consider him part of the Broncos lineage.

I think if they keep it in-house Dennison is the guy, and I'm not sure that's a bad thing. People blame him for the offense, and that might be fair, but not being a strong Coordinator it's likely he wouldn't want to do that as a HC.
    I consider Kyle as being under the Orange & Blue umbrella because he grew up in it and under it while Daddy was coaching us. Just my opinion but I think he bleeds Orange & Blue just as much as any of the actual coaches from the Shanny/Kubiak tree.

And yeah if not Kyle, and we stay in-house then Dennison would be my 1st choice with him bringing over Bobby Turner as OC if he's not with Kyle as his OC.

John Harbaugh