Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 188
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Muscatine, Iowa
    Posts
    14,927
    The offense finally showed up which no one expected

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,581
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Simien is still under contract so unless he gets traded or retires with kubiak he isn't going anywhere. I do expect the team to push for romo but they will keep both simien and lynch until lynch progresses to the point they feel like they can move him.
    As I said in my previous post I firmly believe they're going to go with Lynch or they're going to go with free agency. There's just no scenario in my head where they keep Trevor with as bad as this offense was this season regardless if he was totally responsible or not for that.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,752
    It was Kubiak giving Elway the middle finger on his way out, imo.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Groves, Texas
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Really? This whole thread was unnecessary .



    The real reason this thread was made is the question i want answered ? .


    Lynch has looked like trash every game he played and we were winning thats why he didnt play.

    The End
    I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. I posted a few weeks back that Kubiak wouldn't be back and got roasted for it, but look what happened.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,407
    He found his matt schuab 2.0 and wasn't letting go.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    I think Kubiak thought we'd play like hot garbage on offense again but instead they played a bit inspired so he decided to stay with what looked like some semblance of an offense today rather than disrupting it by bringing in Lynch.

    I wouldn't trade anything for any possible QB but if Tyrod becomes available due to him being released/cut I'd try real hard to sign him.
    Not sure if anyone remembers but Kubiak wanted to
    bring QB T. Taylor with him to DEN from BAL.

    Instead Taylor singed with BUF.

    Now with Kubiak's departure, I wonder what type of
    offense DEN will run?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,434
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Well I think he pretty much knew it was going to be his last game after last week versus the Chiefs and just decided he was going to play his players and Coach the way he wanted to. Nothing wrong with that really except we're kind of screwed long term because Siemian likely won't be here next year and almost undoubtedly won't be the starter even if he is. While it's only one game that one other game would have helped Lynch's development going into next year whether he's the starter or not. Regardless of how you feel about the quarterback situation the last thing you would want is Lynch to be a bust because that could screw this franchise over for years.
    Or maybe Kubiak didn't want Lynch to finish this season behind a line that played poorly for much of the season, especially of late. That could also set Lynch back finishing the season running for his life.

    In the end it's pretty simple - Siemian was the starter this season and starters usually play.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,434
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    As I said in my previous post I firmly believe they're going to go with Lynch or they're going to go with free agency. There's just no scenario in my head where they keep Trevor with as bad as this offense was this season regardless if he was totally responsible or not for that.
    Thought you should see this tweet if you had not already...

    https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/...29429875867648

    Siemian: "I love Kubs. I owe him a lot. I had no business getting drafted. No business being around. "

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    2,606
    Siemien is the better q-back hands down and they wanted to win - and Lynch has been very poor at best. The team isn't that far away from being very good again, just need someone as head coach who is healthy and willing to offensively be creative. As far as Kubiak is concerned I really believe his health is not super good and his family really pushed him to step aside. I do not believe he was "fired," but health is the biggest issue IMHO and it is better to slow down and find a healthy working pace than have another stroke. He may have had more migraine issues that we don't know about and it was an ongoing issue. Either way we got our super bowl and now it is time to find someone else.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Or maybe Kubiak didn't want Lynch to finish this season behind a line that played poorly for much of the season, especially of late. That could also set Lynch back finishing the season running for his life.

    In the end it's pretty simple - Siemian was the starter this season and starters usually play.
    If what's being reported is true and Elway was going to make Kubiak fire some of his assistants then it's quite clear to me why Lynch didn't play today.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I 70 Westbound
    Posts
    7,842
    It's obvious people with a lick of common sense
    gotta walk away from the board right now..
    as the speculation and rumor mongering is out of control.
    -
    Thanks for all you gave, Broncos Team 2016....
    Better luck next year.

    -
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

    Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Thought you should see this tweet if you had not already...

    https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/...29429875867648

    Siemian: "I love Kubs. I owe him a lot. I had no business getting drafted. No business being around. "
    I believe Trevor is smart and hard-working and did everything Kubiak asked him to do. But every single analyst I've read and every report on him indicates he's just not going to be an every-down franchise quarterback. And it's well known that Kubiak is loyal to a fault and it's quite clear based on his own statements that he was going to give Trevor this opportunity to play today for no real football reason but because he wanted to give Trevor an opportunity to bounce back from the Chiefs game. Knowing this was likely Trevor's last game as a starting quarterback for the Broncos.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,434
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    If what's being reported is true and Elway was going to make Kubiak fire some of his assistants then it's quite clear to me why Lynch didn't play today.
    He did go against what he said he would do. I understood why he would start Siemian but the team had the game in hand. He could have played Lynch in the 2nd half, at a minimum the 4th quarter. Personally I would have liked to see Lynch play.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,756
    Siemian is the better player, and probably will be next season too. I don't understand the psychology here, which is all based on draft status: Paxton hasn't earned the right to play right now. That simple. I thought it was odd that the team announced both QBs would play to begin with.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,434
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I believe Trevor is smart and hard-working and did everything Kubiak asked him to do. But every single analyst I've read and every report on him indicates he's just not going to be an every-down franchise quarterback. And it's well known that Kubiak is loyal to a fault and it's quite clear based on his own statements that he was going to give Trevor this opportunity to play today for no real football reason but because he wanted to give Trevor an opportunity to bounce back from the Chiefs game. Knowing this was likely Trevor's last game as a starting quarterback for the Broncos.
    Probably so.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •