Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

The real reason Lynch didn't play today...

I'm just spit balling here, but what are the chances this was a future "trade audition" for Denver to move Siemian in the offseason? I know he's still on a rookie contract but I feel like they bring in a veteran this offseason. Could be wrong, but it seemed odd that Lynch got no PT.

Quote Originally Posted by RainyTX View Post
    I'm just spit balling here, but what are the chances this was a future "trade audition" for Denver to move Siemian in the offseason? I know he's still on a rookie contract but I feel like they bring in a veteran this offseason. Could be wrong, but it seemed odd that Lynch got no PT.
    DAL would probably do Romo for Semien (or maybe we prefer to do Romo and a pick for Paxton). I doubt we want Romo (unless we can get him little cap hit and nothing of value we trade away).

I think Kubiak thought we'd play like hot garbage on offense again but instead they played a bit inspired so he decided to stay with what looked like some semblance of an offense today rather than disrupting it by bringing in Lynch.

I wouldn't trade anything for any possible QB but if Tyrod becomes available due to him being released/cut I'd try real hard to sign him.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

It's a possibility, but at the same time Elway lets his coaches coach. Kubiak and the team is fully behind Siemian. That dude earned his respect in that locker room. There's a good chance Kubiak just simply wanted to win his last game. And chose to do so with the QB he trusts most.

Maybe Lynch just wasn't prepared or practiced like garbage. It could have been all his fault. I doubt Kubiak would just give him time if he showed he wasn't capable of playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMRED View Post
    It's a possibility, but at the same time Elway lets his coaches coach. Kubiak and the team is fully behind Siemian. That dude earned his respect in that locker room. There's a good chance Kubiak just simply wanted to win his last game. And chose to do so with the QB he trusts most.
    That's what I thought. Although Siemian had a rough time the last three games he started all season except two games.

He may also have been protecting Lynch somewhat - knowing the issues with the line maybe he did not want the possibility of Lynch out there in the last game. Lynch at least had the win in Jacksonville.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    I think Kubiak thought we'd play like hot garbage on offense again but instead they played a bit inspired so he decided to stay with what looked like some semblance of an offense today rather than disrupting it by bringing in Lynch.

I wouldn't trade anything for any possible QB but if Tyrod becomes available due to him being released/cut I'd try real hard to sign him.
    I'm a fan of Taylor and I wouldn't mind us making a push for him this offseason as he'll most likely be released. One thing is certain, it's going to be a very interesting offseason!

It was kubiaks last game and he wanted to do it his way with his guy. That's what it comes down to. On to better things.

Tony is too much of financial burden on the team and Tyrod Taylor disappointed tremendously this year and I'm sure he'll command a lot of cash.

Well I think he pretty much knew it was going to be his last game after last week versus the Chiefs and just decided he was going to play his players and Coach the way he wanted to. Nothing wrong with that really except we're kind of screwed long term because Siemian likely won't be here next year and almost undoubtedly won't be the starter even if he is. While it's only one game that one other game would have helped Lynch's development going into next year whether he's the starter or not. Regardless of how you feel about the quarterback situation the last thing you would want is Lynch to be a bust because that could screw this franchise over for years.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Well I think he pretty much knew it was going to be his last game after last week versus the Chiefs and just decided he was going to play his players and Coach the way he wanted to. Nothing wrong with that really except we're kind of screwed long term because Siemian likely won't be here next year and almost undoubtedly won't be the starter even if he is. While it's only one game that one other game would have helped Lynch's development going into next year whether he's the starter or not. Regardless of how you feel about the quarterback situation the last thing you would want is Lynch to be a bust because that could screw this franchise over for years.
    Simien is still under contract so unless he gets traded or retires with kubiak he isn't going anywhere. I do expect the team to push for romo but they will keep both simien and lynch until lynch progresses to the point they feel like they can move him.

Really? This whole thread was unnecessary .

The real reason this thread was made is the question i want answered ? .

Lynch has looked like trash every game he played and we were winning thats why he didnt play.

The End
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

I think it was more kubiak wanted to win and why make a change when things are working.

Lynch will get his chance to compete and become the starter but going out on a win was a bigger deal to Kubiak.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Why exactly is it Siemian"likely" wont be here next year? Teams dont usually jettison their starting QBs with nothing to replace them with
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Why exactly is it Siemian"likely" wont be here next year? Teams dont usually jettison their starting QBs with nothing to replace them with
    I firmly believe they're going to go all in with Paxton Lynch or they're going to find someone in free agency. There's no way they're going to bring in a whole new offensive coach and system and Trevor is going to be the starter. I may be wrong on that but I don't think so.