Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

So what happens to Wade?

Defense obviously wasn't the issue this year. I really hope we can retain him or he himself decides to stay on as DC.

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    Defense obviously wasn't the issue this year. I really hope we can retain him or he himself decides to stay on as DC.
    I believe Vance Joseph chooses to retain him!

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    I seriously doubt any coach is going to want to change him out - especially after seeing what our defense has been doing the last few years. The real question is does Wade want to stay longer?

Phillips will remain with the Broncos for as long as he wants to, it might end up being in a management role, but I read last night that the Broncos have told him he has a job as long as he wants it.

As for a top defense, they need to get the run defense fixed before they're back at that level. I know they were high up in most metrics this year, but a top defense doesn't get gouged in the run game like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Phillips will remain with the Broncos for as long as he wants to, it might end up being in a management role, but I read last night that the Broncos have told him he has a job as long as he wants it.

As for a top defense, they need to get the run defense fixed before they're back at that level. I know they were high up in most metrics this year, but a top defense doesn't get gouged in the run game like that.
    I'm advocating hard for Brandon Williams this off-season. LOL

Elway stated that will be up to the new coach. I would be shocked if he wasn't retained. Wade himself said he knows how the process goes, as he was in the same situation in Houston. He stated his interview with the new coach lasted 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Elway stated that will be up to the new coach. I would be shocked if he wasn't retained. Wade himself said he knows how the process goes, as he was in the same situation in Houston. He stated his interview with the new coach lasted 30 seconds.
    And it will be up to the new coach. Wade's position as a DC is up in the air but I expect, like has been mentioned, if a new coach brings in his own DC, Phillips will still have a place within the organization if he wants it

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    If a new coach came along and decided to replace Wade, he'd have a lot of 'slplainin to do to justify how and why his new guy can do it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    And it will be up to the new coach. Wade's position as a DC is up in the air but I expect, like has been mentioned, if a new coach brings in his own DC, Phillips will still have a place within the organization if he wants it
    Yeah, it'd be a bummer to lose him. From what I read he still has a desire to coach, if not in Denver then elsewhere.

Wade just tweeted this..

"Coaches life--unemployed to SB victory to unemployed in 3 years or less"

According to Wade:

[twitter]"Coaches life--unemployed to SB victory to unemployed in 3 years or less"[/twitter]

https://twitter.com/sonofbum/status/816034149500911616

He's as good as gone. New HC is gonna want to bring in his own staff, especially the main pieces like coordinators. Also the slap in the face by Elway earlier today by saying none of the current staff would be considered for the HC job tells Wade all he needs to know about his status in Denver. Sad day, hate to see him go as I'm sure his players will as well.
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    He's as good as gone. New HC is gonna want to bring in his own staff, especially the main pieces like coordinators. Also the slap in the face by Elway earlier today by saying none of the current staff would be considered for the HC job tells Wade all he needs to know about his status in Denver. Sad day, hate to see him go as I'm sure his players will as well.
    I don't think Phillips wants to be HC. He even admitted that he was a lousy HC, but anything less than DC he will probably not accept.

This isn't difficult.

Elway knows all he has to do to ensure Phillips remains with the team is to hire Lady Gaga.

Quote Originally Posted by CDUB1620 View Post
    I don't think Phillips wants to be HC. He even admitted that he was a lousy HC, but anything less than DC he will probably not accept.
    Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't but he is still human and should get some consideration at the very least. He did coordinate one of the most successful defenses in NFL history last year only to be just dismissed so off hand by his GM 1 year removed from that accomplishment. That has got to sting pretty bad.
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin