Page 1 of 132 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Confirmed head coaching info: Vance Joseph New HC

Hoping maybe we can throw a master thread together to keep the others from mounting up.

Let's start with top logical three.

1) Vance Joseph - DC, Miami
    2) Kyle Shannahan - OC, Atlanta
    3) Joe DeCamillis - ST, Denver

Would Jim Harbaugh in Denver be completely out of the question?

I'm just gonna copy and paste my post from the other thread.

What about bill Callahan? As either a HC or offensive coordinator. He is the reason for the cowboys line being what it is today. He took the redskins line from 25th to 12th in a one year turnaround. He even produced an elite line with the jets. Everywhere he goes he produces a line with multi pro bowl o-lineman amd guys who make it for the first time. In the year he had the play calling duties for the cowboys the offense ranked 4th in yards and points.

A couple of concerns. Went 4-12 the year after taking Oakland to the Superbowl and got fired.The only year he had playcalling duties they were taken away from him despite the offense being productive.

Donald Stephenson really is the only one on the line I feel is beyond redemption. Most of our struggling line is 2nd and 3rd year guys. Maybe its an issue of coaching? Callahan has a proven record of success. I would still pursue zietler in free agency and cam in the draft but bring in a guy like Callahan and I think this line could transform from bottom of the league to top 15 in a year.

Jim Bob Cooter

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Donald Stephenson really is the only one on the line I feel is beyond redemption. Most of our struggling line is 2nd and 3rd year guys. Maybe its an issue of coaching? Callahan has a proven record of success. I would still pursue zietler in free agency and cam in the draft but bring in a guy like Callahan and I think this line could transform from bottom of the league to top 15 in a year.
    Ty might be a bust. Maybe this offseason he builds more strength and becomes a decent O-lineman, who knows. Garcia gets blown up all the time, and Okung isn't going to be worth his new contract. Either way the line coaching has to change because the penalties caused this season by the offensive line were back breaking and momentum killing
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Crossing fingers for Anthony Lynn and Gus Bradley combo!

IMO, this job will go to Kyle Shan. The ability to bring the same type of offensive system with a little more fire power. I think hiring Kyle will give us the best chance to keep Wade.

I think Troy Calhoun will get a look. He's coached with Kubiak and has done a lot with offense down in AF. He's been an OC in the league and HC in college.

I think the priority is to retain Wade. Then bring in a guy who can build on the current system but improvise to player strength and personnel.

To me this puts either Kyle Shannahan or Troy Calhoun on the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    IMO, this job will go to Kyle Shan. The ability to bring the same type of offensive system with a little more fire power. I think hiring Kyle will give us the best chance to keep Wade.
    Its the offense we want but with a fresh perspective which is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by coffee View Post
    I think Troy Calhoun will get a look. He's coached with Kubiak and has done a lot with offense down in AF. He's been an OC in the league and HC in college.
    Triple Option?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Jeff Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by IAMRED View Post
    Would Jim Harbaugh in Denver be completely out of the question?
    I am a HUGE Michigan fan (almost as fanatical as I am about our beloved Broncos) and I would really appreciate if people would stop trying to move my HC!!!!!
    #swapping

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    I am a HUGE Michigan fan (almost as fanatical as I am about our beloved Broncos) and I would really appreciate if people would stop trying to move my HC!!!!!
    You're never going to stop heading harbaugh second chance NFL rumors just like college never stops the saban to team X rumors.