Page 21 of 132 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RainyTX View Post
    It's not gonna happen. The only way I could see him having any position in Denver is if Kyle were named HC.
    No I can't see that because Kyle has stated a few times that he wants to attain his own accomplishments and build his own legacy.

Mike has said that he would not want to detour kyles success. He'd like to see him build upon his own resume.

I'd like to have both of them here in Denver but I think it is more far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I'm not sold on Vance Joseph, Mike S wouldn't have a reason to be our OC under him, Tom Cable is the O-Line/Assistant Head Coach of the Seahawks (played High School football near Seattle and has a wife and four kids) and wouldn't have a reason to come here, Drew Brees isn't that great and the financials don't make sense.
    And Tom Cable is being interviewed, or will be eventually, for the SF head coaching position. Why leave a place where he's the second most powerful person on the staff (behind only Carroll) and are getting consideration for HC jobs, to go to a place where you'll have zero power?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Vance Joseph strong motivational leader for head coach!

Mike Shanahan very experienced offense of guru.
    Guy has always had invaluable work ethic and success running an offense.
    I grew up watching him in Denver and I know how successful he can be and what he could be into this team that is still very much in a Super Bowl window.

We also saw John Elway wanting a hot young commodity in Vance Joseph to be the defensive Coordinator however look what Wade gave us when we had to settle for him. What I mean by this is Mike Shanahan can do the same for us, he's proven.

Offensive line coach I've been preaching and advocating for Dave Magazus return but how about a much more intense very passionate person, far more intense than Clancy barone and that guy would be Tom cable.

Vance Joseph for head coach
    Mike Shanahan for offensive coordinator
    Tom cable for offensive line coach
    And we are set especially if Drew Brees somehow becomes a free agent so forget the Tony Romo talk.
    Tom Cable is a great O-Line coach who was HC of the Raiders and called plays IIRC.

Dave Magazu coaches zone steps and angle blocks equally well. Because of his complete repertoire of angle blocks, he is extremely good at influence, something zone dominant rushing attacks lack. In the event John Fox is fired in Chicago and Magazu becomes available, he should be considered.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    And Tom Cable is being interviewed, or will be eventually, for the SF head coaching position. Why leave a place where he's the second most powerful person on the staff (behind only Carroll) and are getting consideration for HC jobs, to go to a place where you'll have zero power?
    Yeah. He's listed as Assistant Head Coach even though (as far as I know) he coaches the O-Line. Listing him like that allows them to keep him unless he gets a HC offer.

Yeah. He's listed as Assistant Head Coach even though (as far as I know) he coaches the O-Line. Listing him like that allows them to keep him unless he gets a HC offer.
    Teams can block any assistant, regardless of position, with a valid contract from leaving for any coaching job in another organization that isn't a head coach. They created that rule because teams were stealing position coaches to do the same thing but giving them "assistant HC" titles to make it seem like a promotion.

Tom Cable has a lot of power in Seattle. The run game is completely his, he designs it and installs it. I believe he's got a powerful voice when it comes time to choose players on the o-line via free agency and the draft. And if Carroll were to quit in Seattle and they replaced from within, it's likely his job.

In Denver he'd be a position coach, and he might be "run game coordinator" as well, but not if either Shanahan or Turner were in Denver.

Make it happen Elway

Quote Originally Posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    Make it happen Elway

This would make me so happy! Like your name says I trust Elway
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Teams can block any assistant, regardless of position, with a valid contract from leaving for any coaching job in another organization that isn't a head coach. They created that rule because teams were stealing position coaches to do the same thing but giving them "assistant HC" titles to make it seem like a promotion.

Tom Cable has a lot of power in Seattle. The run game is completely his, he designs it and installs it. I believe he's got a powerful voice when it comes time to choose players on the o-line via free agency and the draft. And if Carroll were to quit in Seattle and they replaced from within, it's likely his job.

In Denver he'd be a position coach, and he might be "run game coordinator" as well, but not if either Shanahan or Turner were in Denver.
    Oh? I hadn't heard about the 'Assistant Coach' rules change. I agree with you about Cable. I don't see any way it happens.

Oh? I hadn't heard about the 'Assistant Coach' rules change. I agree with you about Cable. I don't see any way it happens.
    Cable is already listed as an assistant head coach with Seattle...

Quote Originally Posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    Make it happen Elway

In interviews I've seen he definitely has the look of a sociopath.

LOL, just kidding, trying to break up the grind of digging through coach resumes. He has the look of a guy with a lot going behind those eyes. Like he's thinking about thinking while thinking about what you're thinking about what he's thinking. Socially speaking he has a disconnect. I think the players might find him a bit standoffish. He also strikes me as a driven perfectionist though. Reminds me of Sean Payton, which probably isn't fair because I think Sean Payton is an ass. Might make a better HC than OC actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Cable is already listed as an assistant head coach with Seattle...

Right. That's what I was saying. Butler By'Note was pointing out that doing that doesn't protect the team any more because teams were abusing it.

The only thing wrong with Mike is his GM decisions and thats not going to happen here again.

Why not get the old band back together and have Mike call the offense and Kyle run the show.

IMO what father wouldn't want to help make his child successful?

Mike still bleeds orange just like Kubes. To this day I dont get the resentment people have for Mike. He did so much for this franchise during his time in Denver. Some people just arnt good at certain positions. Wade Philips was a terrible head coach but an excellent coordinator. Mike Shanahan was a good coach but a terrible GM.

Time for Shanahan to come home.

I'm not sold on Vance based on how his defense is performing. His defense is middle of the pack and last in a lot of stats.
    I feel the team needs an offensive mind like Kyle Shanahan, but I wanna read Butler's input to see what the hype is on Vance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    I'm not sold on Vance based on how his defense is performing. His defense is middle of the pack and last in a lot of stats.
    I feel the team needs an offensive mind like Kyle Shanahan, but I wanna read Butler's input to see what the hype is on Vance.
    I'm not too familiar with him, but the reports are that Elway would have hired him in 2015 if Kubiak had said no. Being an HC doesn't mean that you'll also be the DC, and I would guess that he would go the path of Mike Tomlin, keep the legendary DC and be the overseer of the team. And if you read about him, he is being praised for his defense in Miami despite the overall rankings.

He checks a lot of boxes, and it gives the offense the chance to either promote from within (Greg Knapp) for continuity, or for them to go out and get a strong OC with a history of developing QBs.

There's a reason Elway is so high on him, it may not be clear to us average fans, but there's a reason. I think he's earned the right for us to trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Vance Joseph would be a candidate for HC not DC. In the event Wade remains, it is a not an issue. Position coach is different from coordinator and they are both different than being head coach. I would like to see Kyle Shanahan, too, since he would install an offense compatible with Kubiak's. Who his OC would be is an interesting question.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus