Page 22 of 132 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast
    If all things are equal, it's gonna be interesting to see what team Kyle picks....

Rams, Jags, Broncos all have solid defenses. What offense would he prefer to run? Goff,
    Bortles, or our duo.... Rams have Gurley and Cali to sell.... Broncos have the SB trophy in their trophy case to show how close we are.

3'strikes against dEN might be the expectations and the history. His father's shadow might be too much.... might also be a case of too much risk and not much reward. Would he get credit if he brought DEN back to SB (or would Elway get the credit).... he certainly would get TE blame however. Then there's the power issue..... This is Elway's team. Rams and Jags probably have more power to sell shanny.

Now.... this may not mean much. Denver has the winning rep they can see and you would think that's more attractive than all the losing JAX and Rams have....

But.... it's gonna be hard for Shanny to turn Rams down (unless he just isn't sold on Goff).

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Vance Joseph would be a candidate for HC not DC. In the event Wade remains, it is a not an issue. Position coach is different from coordinator and they are both different than being head coach. I would like to see Kyle Shanahan, too, since he would install an offense compatible with Kubiak's. Who his OC would be is an interesting question.
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    If all things are equal, it's gonna be interesting to see what team Kyle picks....

Rams, Jags, Broncos all have solid defenses. What offense would he prefer to run? Goff,
    Bortles, or our duo.... Rams have Gurley and Cali to sell.... Broncos have the SB trophy in their trophy case to show how close we are.

3'strikes against dEN might be the expectations and the history. His father's shadow might be too much.... might also be a case of too much risk and not much reward. Would he get credit if he brought DEN back to SB (or would Elway get the credit).... he certainly would get TE blame however. Then there's the power issue..... This is Elway's team. Rams and Jags probably have more power to sell shanny.

Now.... this may not mean much. Denver has the winning rep they can see and you would think that's more attractive than all the losing JAX and Rams have....

But.... it's gonna be hard for Shanny to turn Rams down (unless he just isn't sold on Goff).
    He's not ready for the power, he might choose it, but his best case for success in his first HC job is with a strong GM picking the players with his input.

Maybe he chooses the Chargers?

I think I'd prefer Vance Joseph. He'd let Wade do his thing and he'd get an OC to do his thing. If its a first time head coach I want him to be a leader. I don't want him having to fiddle with play sheets and calling the offense or defense. That honestly bugs me about HCs they don't let go of play calling duties. I don't think Shanny would let go of play calling.

Vance Joseph would be a candidate for HC not DC. In the event Wade remains, it is a not an issue. Position coach is different from coordinator and they are both different than being head coach. I would like to see Kyle Shanahan, too, since he would install an offense compatible with Kubiak's. Who his OC would be is an interesting question.
    Greg Knapp would be fairly seamless for him, if he were to remain as OC. And as much as people hate to hear it, so would Dennison.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He's not ready for the power, he might choose it, but his best case for success in his first HC job is with a strong GM picking the players with his input.

Maybe he chooses the Chargers?
    The Los Angeles Chargers?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    I think I'd prefer Vance Joseph. He'd let Wade do his thing and he'd get an OC to do his thing. If its a first time head coach I want him to be a leader. I don't want him having to fiddle with play sheets and calling the offense or defense. That honestly bugs me about HCs they don't let go of play calling duties. I don't think Shanny would let go of play calling.
    There was a story today about the Tampa Bay coach (his name slips my mind at the moment) talking about how he's probably going to give up play calling next year, even though it's his favourite part of coaching, because it's too much.

The Los Angeles Chargers?

Yep. Los Angeles. Established QB (although not in the exact told he'd want), good RB, some offensive weapons. Some defensive weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    And to add a little more to that, the best coach in football right now, doesn't call the defense. He has his input in game plans and he'll talk to coordinators about adjustments, but he lets his coaches coach.

What about a Todd Haley? Not saying I like him, but his offense always seem to be a machine

Tweet from Bleacher Report NFL writer Jason Cole-

@JasonColeBR

Informal poll of 7 NFL execs ranking current open jobs:
    1. Broncos (unanimous)
    2. Jaguars
    3. Chargers
    4. Rams
    5. 49ers
    6. Bills

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    What about a Todd Haley? Not saying I like him, but his offense always seem to be a machine
    He seems to have poor people skills just like McDaniels. Haley is known as a hot head. He also told NFL teams last year that he was not interested in becoming a head coach.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    And to add a little more to that, the best coach in football right now, doesn't call the defense. He has his input in game plans and he'll talk to coordinators about adjustments, but he lets his coaches coach.
    The guy you're talking about was raised by a football coach who wrote the definitive book on scouting. He is also a serious student of football X & O history. When seeing something, he instantly recognizes the derivation and what has worked to counter it. He keeps current with football innovations at the college level.

When preparing the offensive and defensive game plans, you can bet he hands his OC a list of the formations and plays to include in practice that week as well as a list of tendencies classified by FP, D & D and formation as guidelines for his DC. He lets them coach, but he tells them what to coach. This may have something to do with the lack of success of his tree.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    He seems to have poor people skills just like McDaniels. Haley is known as a hot head. He also told NFL teams last year that he was not interested in becoming a head coach.
    That's what I was thinking. I was high on him yesterday and then I read more about him and his blow ups on the sidelines with Terrell Owens, Kurt Warner and Larry Johnson (to name a few) and I cooled off on him. I think he's a good OC, not sure he's a HC.

The guy you're talking about was raised by a football coach who wrote the definitive book on scouting. He is also a serious student of football X & O history. When seeing something, he instantly recognizes the derivation and what has worked to counter it. He keeps current with football innovations at the college level.

When preparing the offensive and defensive game plans, you can bet he hands his OC a list of the formations and plays to include in practice that week as well as a list of tendencies classified by FP, D & D and formation as guidelines for his DC. He lets them coach, but he tells them what to coach. This may have something to do with the lack of success of his tree.
    Except for the Wildcat (single wing). He had no answer for that when seeing it for the first time at the NFL level.