Page 23 of 132 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    That's what I was thinking. I was high on him yesterday and then I read more about him and his blow ups on the sidelines with Terrell Owens, Kurt Warner and Larry Johnson (to name a few) and I cooled off on him. I think he's a good OC, not sure he's a HC.
    He and Roethlisberger seemed to have clashed a lot at first, but what impressed me is how he and Ben are so close now. Ben always has nothing but good things to say about him. Maybe he matured a little like McDirtbag did.

Confirmed head coaching info:

**** Hoping to make a thread based strictly upon reports / facts from reputable sources to keep straight who we are talking to, who we are going to interview and who we have reached out to. That being said, here we go****

Thank you hadez for link:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1/4/14168708/broncos-head-coach-search-live-updates

Wade Phillips - DL - Broncos

SiriusXM NFL Radio's Alex Marvez reports Dolphins DC Vance Joseph will not retain DC Wade Phillips if he gets the Broncos' coaching job.
    Source: Alex Marvez on Twitter
    Jan 5 - 4:34 PM

Kyle Shanahan - C - Falcons

Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan believes he's "definitely" ready for a head-coaching job.
    "Yeah, I definitely do,'' Shanahan said. "I think I have been. I think a lot of guys are. It's about (being) given that opportunity and hoping it's the right fit." Shanahan, who interviewed with the Bills two years ago, is meeting with the 49ers, Rams, Jaguars and Broncos over the next two days. Denver is reportedly his preferred destination. It seems all but certain Shanahan will get a promotion.
    Source: ESPN.com
    Jan 5 - 4:30 PM

Dave Toub - C - Chiefs

Chiefs special teams coordinator Dave Toub will interview for the Broncos' head-coaching vacancy on Friday.
    Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan is scheduled to interview on Saturday while Dolphins DC Vance Joseph is expected to meet with the Broncos sometime next week. Toub is also known to be on the Chargers' wish list. The Denver job would obviously be the most appealing but Shanahan is believed to be the favorite for that position.
    Related: Broncos
    Source: Denver Post
    Jan 5 - 1:19 PM

According to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan is most interested in Denver's head-coaching vacancy.
    "The word with people involved in coaching searches and gathering all of this information is that that's the job Shanahan has his eyes on—going to Denver where his father coached," said Garafolo Wednesday on Up to the Minute Live. Of the six coaching vacancies around the league, the Denver job is easily the most appealing. The opportunity for Shanahan to follow in his father's footsteps would just be icing on the cake. Shanahan is also being courted by the 49ers, Jaguars and Rams but if the Broncos offer him the job, we'd be shocked if he turned it down.
    Source: NFL.com
    Jan 4 - 6:27 PM

9 News Denver's Mike Klis reports Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan will interview for the Broncos' head-coaching vacancy Saturday.
    Denver also received permission to interview Chiefs special teams coordinator Dave Toub later this week. Both Shanahan and Toub can do interviews this week since their teams clinched first-round byes for the playoffs. Shanahan has an obvious connection to Denver after his dad, Mike, led the Broncos to two Super Bowl titles. Dolphins DC Vance Jospeh is also linked to the job. Shanahan will also interview with L.A., Jacksonville, and San Francisco this weekend.
    Source: Mike Klis on Twitter
    Jan 3 - 9:04 PM

************************************************** *******************************

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

An Elway-Shanahan connection again? Broncos have requested permission to interview Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan, per source.

Dave Toub - C - Chiefs

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Broncos plan to interview Chiefs special teams coordinator Dave Toub for their head-coaching vacancy.
    The Broncos join fellow Chiefs divisional rival San Diego in seeking to interview Toub, who is highly regarded in league circles. Hiring a special teams coordinator in unorthodox, but not unprecedented, as John Harbaugh can attest.
    Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter
    Jan 3 - 7:34 PM

Vance Joseph - C - Dolphins

FOX Sports' Alex Marvez reports the Broncos' head-coaching job is Dolphins DC Vance Joseph's "to lose."
    Retired coach Gary Kubiak wanted to bring Joseph on as his defensive coordinator when he took the job in 2014, but the Bengals wouldn't let him out of his contract when he was their DBs coach. Joseph is winding down his first season as the Dolphins' defensive play caller and was a key component in turning Miami into a playoff team. Joseph and Broncos scouting director Matt Russell played college football together at the University of Colorado in the 1990s.
    Source: Alex Marvez on Twitter
    Jan 3 - 8:15 PM

Nicki Jhabvala
    ‏@NickiJhabvala

Broncos set to interview Dave Toub on Friday. Been told they don't have anything planned with Anthony Lynn.

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis

Contrary to report, Broncos have not sought permission for Anthony Lynn and have nothing scheduled with him.
    Last edited by Gsam; 01-06-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    Tweet from Bleacher Report NFL writer Jason Cole@JasonColeBR

Informal poll of 7 NFL execs ranking current open jobs:
    1. Broncos (unanimous)
    2. Jaguars
    3. Chargers
    4. Rams
    5. 49ers
    6. Bills

-
    Maybe this has been posted already, but Ian Rapoport also says The Broncos job is the best available, and that it looks like K Shanahan and Vance Joseph are the best candidates at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    The guy you're talking about was raised by a football coach who wrote the definitive book on scouting. He is also a serious student of football X & O history. When seeing something, he instantly recognizes the derivation and what has worked to counter it. He keeps current with football innovations at the college level.

When preparing the offensive and defensive game plans, you can bet he hands his OC a list of the formations and plays to include in practice that week as well as a list of tendencies classified by FP, D & D and formation as guidelines for his DC. He lets them coach, but he tells them what to coach. This may have something to do with the lack of success of his tree.

When looking at his various assistants, I think that two of them (Weiss and Crenel) failed because they're just really good coordinators and not cut out to be HCs. And the other two (McDaniels and Mangini) failed because they saw the way he ran things and they thought that's how they should/could run things. If McDaniels leaves Nolan alone, things probably work out better.

I don't think Matt Patricia would run things that way (and I'd actually be pretty happy if Denver hired him) and I don't think McDaniels will have the same issues in his second go around that he did in his first. He might fail, but I don't think he'll try to be Napoleon again.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    I think I'd prefer Vance Joseph. He'd let Wade do his thing and he'd get an OC to do his thing. If its a first time head coach I want him to be a leader. I don't want him having to fiddle with play sheets and calling the offense or defense. That honestly bugs me about HCs they don't let go of play calling duties. I don't think Shanny would let go of play calling.
    Mike Klis just said if DEN hired Joseph it would probably mean the end for Wade.... Jospeh would be running the defense. Greg Knapp could be retained as our OC.

MIA has 31st ranked defense.... Joseph has 1 year as a COORD....
    To me, it's a leap of faith banking on Joseph.... it appears Vance has a lot of supporters tho.... Played college at CO, Matt Russell likes him.... (big Al is best friends with him)... if they believe he has tremendous leadership qualities.... they'll live with him learning on the fly I guess.

Definitely sounds like Elway wants to go young and groom a HC.... 3rd HC hire in 4 years means he wants a young guy who will not say NO to Elway.
    Last edited by fraguela09; 01-02-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Per NFL.com and Rapaport they also have reached out to Vance Joesph for and interview

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    There was a story today about the Tampa Bay coach (his name slips my mind at the moment) talking about how he's probably going to give up play calling next year, even though it's his favourite part of coaching, because it's too much.
    Dirk Koetter

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Mike Klis just said if DEN hired Joseph it would probably mean the end for Wade.... Jospeh would be running the defense. Greg Knapp could be retained as our OC.

To me, it's a leap of faith banking on Joseph.... it appears Vance has a lot of supporters tho.... Played college in CO, Matt Russell likes him.... if they believe he has tremendous leadership qualities.... they'll live with him learning on the fly I guess.

Definitely sounds like Elway wants to go young and groom a HC.... 3rd HC hire in 4 years means he wants a young guy who will not say NO to Elway.
    Exactly what I stated earlier today. Elway wants a "yes man". Really wish he's make executive decisions and leaving the coaching to the staff. That was the problem in Dallas for so long until Stephen Jones took over GM duties. They still let Jerry talk to seem important but he's not making the calls anymore.

If all things are equal, it's gonna be interesting to see what team Kyle picks....

Rams, Jags, Broncos all have solid defenses. What offense would he prefer to run? Goff,
    Bortles, or our duo.... Rams have Gurley and Cali to sell.... Broncos have the SB trophy in their trophy case to show how close we are.

3'strikes against dEN might be the expectations and the history. His father's shadow might be too much.... might also be a case of too much risk and not much reward. Would he get credit if he brought DEN back to SB (or would Elway get the credit).... he certainly would get TE blame however. Then there's the power issue..... This is Elway's team. Rams and Jags probably have more power to sell shanny.

Now.... this may not mean much. Denver has the winning rep they can see and you would think that's more attractive than all the losing JAX and Rams have....

But.... it's gonna be hard for Shanny to turn Rams down (unless he just isn't sold on Goff).
    Down side of the rams job is the new stadiums not built! The pop up facility at a D3 college (clu) is nothing to write home about and playing at the Coliseum gets old in a hurry. The place is an absolute dump and only 50% of the fans showing up actually support the home team right now.

Why go through the stress / taxes / relocation along with California sticker shock when you could be out the door before ever getting into the new stadium and practice facility.

Denver's home for Kyle. You absolutely know he grew up a fan and Elway was his Idol growing up. His childhood memories I'm sure are from the glory days at mile high.

Elway needs to waive his magic wand and vet this done.

To me, it's a leap of faith banking on Joseph.... it appears Vance has a lot of supporters tho.... Played college in CO, Matt Russell likes him.... if they believe he has tremendous leadership qualities.... they'll live with him learning on the fly I guess.

Klis commenting on staff choices is opinion at best. Vance worked under Wade so there is no clue one way or another that he would or wouldn't be retained. For all the reasons Joseph gets praised are the reasons that Shanny scares me. Young Shanny has clashed with a lot of people. I'm just worried people think this is a slam dunk hire because of his last name.

Klis commenting on staff choices is opinion at best. Vance worked under Wade so there is no clue one way or another that he would or wouldn't be retained. For all the reasons Joseph gets praised are the reasons that Shanny scares me. Young Shanny has clashed with a lot of people. I'm just worried people think this is a slam dunk hire because of his last name.
    Wade Phillips was on with Gil Whitely talking about his future with the Broncos-

“We’ve been told is when we get a new head coach we’ll be able to interview, but I went through that at Houston,” said Phillips, “and that was about a 30-second interview.”

“There’s no guarantees here, but that’s a coach’s life,” he said. “We won 24 games in two years and a Super Bowl, and [I] might not have a job.”

“That’s just the way it is,” he opined. “Hopefully my resume is good enough that I can get another one [job]. If not here, somewhere.”
    Link to full story/interview-

http://milehighsports.com/wade-phill...future-denver/

There were reports how ATL growing tired of Shanny... who knows.

I feel Shanny would be best choice X-&-O wise.... Wade most certainly would stay.... Kyle had success with RG3 and Matt Ryan.... he would help out QBs and offense would improve.

I also feel as tho Joseph would be the better "motivator of men" and probably relate more to all the players/coaches.... I just question him more b/c at least we know Shanny is very good at 1 thing.... how wouldn't Joseph handle game management? His idea of offense.... his defense is ranked 31st....

Shanahan to interview with 4 teams this week. Broncos one of them
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    What about a Todd Haley? Not saying I like him, but his offense always seem to be a machine
    All I can think about is that dirty hat he refused to take off when he was KC's coach:

He seems like a total jerk, I highly doubt he gets along with the personalities on this team.

There were reports how ATL growing tired of Shanny... who knows.

I feel Shanny would be best choice X-&-O wise.... Wade most certainly would stay.... Kyle had success with RG3 and Matt Ryan.... he would help out QBs and offense would improve.

I also feel as tho Joseph would be the better "motivator of men" and probably relate more to all the players/coaches.... I just question him more b/c at least we know Shanny is very good at 1 thing.... how wouldn't Joseph handle game management? His idea of offense.... his defense is ranked 31st....
    No one knows if Shanahan would even want to retain Phillips? It's easy to say candidate X would get rid of someone but Y wouldn't but no one knows.

These coaches will get interviewed by several teams, they'll be asked about who they have in mind for staff if they were hired, so Shanahan will already have a name in mind for his interviews everywhere but Denver, so it's not hard to think that person might be his choice in Denver as well.