Page 39 of 132 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast
    M. Klis just finished his segment with the radio guys.

Confirmed the Joseph as front runner rumor. But hedged a bit saying the interviews and who is in them could still change the choice. Including the Toub possibility.

Another interesting aspect was the Phillips issue. He stated he was not so sure Wade returns with or without Joseph. There may be more contract animosity then previously thought. Stated Phillips felt a increase as well as an extension were warranted. Elway apparently not.

How much is true or just media hype? Anyway you look at it, the drama continues 😀.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    That is the ideal scenario for me. In that case Joseph would be an HC only. Wouldn't be worrying about play sheets.
    Sounds good to me. Plus, Joseph has two former HCs as coordinators who can help him out as a first time HC.
    The Magic Is Back! IN ELWAY WE TRUST!

Quote Originally Posted by ethanjano View Post
    Sounds good to me. Plus, Joseph has two former HCs as coordinators who can help him out as a first time HC.
    Wouldn't you rather have a coach who has experience and doesn't need coordinators to hold his hand since he's a new HC?

It won't happen however. We'll hire a guy that Elway can have his thumb on and run things through the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by RainyTX View Post
    Wouldn't you rather have a coach who has experience and doesn't need coordinators to hold his hand since he's a new HC?
    No. The HC should manage the team. The coordinators call plays for their respective sides of the ball. The HC is the dad who oversees and manages the team.

Does BB "hold his coaches hands because he's new?" No. He has his coordinators run his team while he game plans for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    Make it happen Elway

Since I made a mini Shanny one I figured I'd make a Vance Joseph one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Take this for what it is worth. But I am driving around listening to The Fan radio shows.

Reporting that their "sources" at Dove Valley are putting Joseph as the preferred front runner with Phillips and McCoy as the coordinators.

The suggestion surfaced earlier but I found the discussion interesting. S. Clough, C. Lammey and B. Stokely all had turns breaking down the positives and negatives of the trio.

Sounds pretty good to me if true.
    I'm torn between Kyle and Vance but if I were leaning one or the other it would be toward Vance. But if that means McCoy as OC then put in the Kyle camp. I don't understand the fascination with McCoy.

To his credit, he was very good at installing 2 different systems. But beyond that I saw nothing to indicate he was a creative, dynamic OC/play caller. His offense to start 2011 was not any good. After putting in Tebow he spent 55 minutes calling the same run play over and over. In 2012 Manning took over. Most of that was Manning, in my opinion. Still, in 2013 when Gase replaced McCoy the offense improved by nearly 8 points and 60 yards per game.

He only has 1 legit year where he was the primary OC and they were terrible offensively that year. The other years it was Josh McD and Manning. Uggghhh....

The reaction here will be classic when Miami gets blown out by 20+

Quote Originally Posted by neutessa View Post
    I'm torn between Kyle and Vance but if I were leaning one or the other it would be toward Vance. But if that means McCoy as OC then put in the Kyle camp. I don't understand the fascination with McCoy.

To his credit, he was very good at installing 2 different systems. But beyond that I saw nothing to indicate he was a creative, dynamic OC/play caller. His offense to start 2011 was not any good. After putting in Tebow he spent 55 minutes calling the same run play over and over. In 2012 Manning took over. Most of that was Manning, in my opinion. Still, in 2013 when Gase replaced McCoy the offense improved by nearly 8 points and 60 yards per game.

He only has 1 legit year where he was the primary OC and they were terrible offensively that year. The other years it was Josh McD and Manning. Uggghhh....
    I'm not huge on McCoy, though mostly in the light as a head coach. But you cannot blame him for Tebow; of course they ran again and again, that's all we were effective at. Saying it was the same play over and over again is just plain untrue. That offense switched it's entire scheme in mid-stride when Tebow became the starter and ran so many different plays from different formations enough to make your head swim.

He might not be as good an OC as come give him credit for but he was extremely creative especially being as hamstrung as we were that year behind center.

He left on good terms so if the next HC is interested in him and thinks him to be valuable asset, I'm open to it.

Quote Originally Posted by neutessa View Post
    I don't understand the fascination with McCoy.
    I think what people like about McCoy, and Im included in that, is that he is willing and able to come up with a game plan/offensive style that works to the benefit of the strengths of which ever the QB is that is starting. He doesnt force a particular game plan on QB despite it not suiting said QB well.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    I think what people like about McCoy, and Im included in that, is that he is willing and able to come up with a game plan/offensive style that works to the benefit of the strengths of which ever the QB is that is starting. He doesnt force a particular game plan on QB despite it not suiting said QB well.
    That's what I like. He makes an offense to suit the strengths of the team. Not just the QB. He evaluates the strength of the offense and uses it to his advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Big Ben is going to carve up that defense like a Thansgiving turkey.

Hmmm. Hard to really pick a favorite for me.

V-Jo: Communication skills, leadership skills, organizational skills.
    K-Shan: Intelligent and knowledgeable, especially on Offense
    Toub: Highest level displayed of pure coaching ability among the three.

They are all certainly capable of running a section of the team: Defense, Offense, and Special Teams. Which one looks like the most likely HC? As much as I love K-Shan's Offensive potential and Toub's accomplishments on Special Teams, I can see why Elway would be leaning towards V-Jo. Not just because he has prior connections but, as Elway said, Defense is our identity so he wants to keep that from slipping while challenging the Offense to catch up. Not that hiring him would push Wade Phillips out. But that he would know how to work with Phillips and the guy that will eventually replace Wade down the road. Because, even though I believe we need to keep Wade, he's 70 so he is probably going to be retiring in a few years. I'm starting to lean towards Joseph.

*I apologize for all the goofy shortened names but I'm a really lazy typist.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Didn't Big Ben give our historic Defense the most trouble in the playoffs last year, as well as beating us in the regular season?

Hmm.

HC: Vance Joseph
    OC: Mike McCoy
    DC: Wade Phillips
    O-Line: Magazu
    QB Coach: Greg Knapp