Page 108 of 132 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1973
    Quote Originally Posted by RainyTX View Post
    Watch him hire Chip Kelly as OC and this board completely shuts down lol
    Hahahahahaha OMG. At this point anything coups happen. Maybe we could throw Kaepernick a 20 mil per year deal while we're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    I hope he hires chip Kelly as OC and rex Ryan as DC so the boards can explode 😂😂😂
    Can you say "HBO Hard Knocks"?

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Jeff Legwold – Verified account ‏@Jeff_Legwold

Vance Joseph's advantage for him/#Broncos is he could sign a deal now, #Broncos have to wait for Shanahan.
    Settling for someone available immediately because the best option may not be available for a month is bad bad bad business.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Jeff Legwold Verified account ‏@Jeff_Legwold

Vance Joseph's advantage for him/#Broncos is he could sign a deal now, #Broncos have to wait for Shanahan.
    That's pathetic if that truly factors into the decision. Unless Kyle has told them he doesn't want the job (after interviewing for the job), that's some knee jerk decision making.

Jeff Legwold – Verified account ‏@Jeff_Legwold

So they couldn't offer in principle? And they couldn't wait? I don't get this hiring decision based on availability whatsoever. Wow.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

I think the Chargers really pulled one over on Elway and created a false sense of urgency in him by offering him a surprise interview literally within minutes of Vance not being offered the job after the interview yesterday.

SD wasn't gonna take him. Could have waited and taken more time to consider all sides. Maybe even done second round interviews. No need to rush these things.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    That's pathetic if that truly factors into the decision. Unless Kyle has told them he doesn't want the job (after interviewing for the job), that's some knee jerk decision making.
    I agree. But I feel Elway is smart enough to do what is best and not just settle.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

I don't know I think a lot of people just seen the high-powered offense in Atlanta and they wanted that here but in all reality I believe we're gonna have a pretty good offense to run with anyway.

We cannot expect a young Shanahan to come in here and take one of the worst offenses in the league with their personnel turning them into a top 10 offense.

I Believe Elway took that into consideration as well and he's going to get An experienced offensive Coordinator that will fit the personnel that we have on offense right now and I think that was the safest route to go with.

I was listening to Gil Whiteley on the radio this morning and supposedly he has spoken with Wade Phillips son a bum and Wade is confident that he will remain a Denver bronco so let's keep our fingers crossed folks let's stop with the negativity and except the choice of John always made hopefully will get both Wade Phillips and Bill Musgrave ink on paper very soon as well.

I'm more so worried about losing Wade than anything. That would be a hard loss to swallow

I'd imagine people are apprehensive after the Steelers game and because of the possibility of losing Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    I'm more so worried about losing Wade than anything. That would be a hard loss to swallow
    Wade Phillips contract does not expire until February 1. So he is still a Denver bronco at least until February 1 but I am confident that the Broncos are going to re-sign him they're going to re-sign him very soon so let's keep our fingers crossed and stay positive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Id only take Vance if McCoy is the OC. If McCoy goes to Buffalo, I want no part of Vance.
    Um yuck...I will only be ok with it if McCoy is as far away from Denver as possible...His offense was TERRIBLE He basically road Manning's coat tails for one season. It was Manning's offense (not his)

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Settling for someone available immediately because the best option may not be available for a month is bad bad bad business.
    It could also mean that with all things being equal, take the bird in hand (so you can also fill out all the assistant spots).... with a Shanny, yuu might have to wait 2-4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakshow View Post
    I think the Chargers really pulled one over on Elway and created a false sense of urgency in him by offering him a surprise interview literally within minutes of Vance not being offered the job after the interview yesterday.

SD wasn't gonna take him. Could have waited and taken more time to consider all sides. Maybe even done second round interviews. No need to rush these things.
    That's an interesting take on it I didn't think about. I still don't see it as a wise move, and I don't buy it that Kyle was the first choice. I would hope they believe in their ability to land their guy and waited.