• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Atwnbroncfan
    OrangeCrush Resurrection
    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
    I don't see any reason why Elway would have dinner with Vance tonight his restaurant other than to offer him a contract.
    Nah. If I remember correctly he took every coach he interviewed in 2011 out for dinner.
    sigpic

Comment

• samparnell
      Soy Capitan Meshpoint
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
      Nah. If I remember correctly he took every coach he interviewed in 2011 out for dinner.
      The Schmooze
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Brakshow
        Bringing back the crush!
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
        I don't see any reason why Elway would have dinner with Vance tonight his restaurant other than to offer him a contract.
        Hed have offered the job at the stadium if he was going to. Joseph also wouldn't have booked an interview with San Diego 4 hours ago if he'd have gotten the job.

All just speculation of course.
        sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
        Sig by: MHS

Comment

• rst08tierney
          VISIONS OF CONFETTI
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          You can't negotiate contracts. Here's the story from when Kubiak was hired by Houston.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2302213
          Gotcha.... Guess I remember the speculation part

Comment

• AussieBronco76
            Special Teams
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
            So I see he improved a 17th ranked Houston offense to 10th, a 25th ranked Washington offense to 4th, and a 21st ranked Atlanta offense to 1st. Not bad!

Exactly.What is telling is 2nd year and 3rd year as the offense had more and more shades of shanahan as opposed to previous OC's fingerprints they got better and better.Other than that 4th year in Washington.It is a pretty impressive body of work when you consider what he inherited and what he left.

Comment

• -Rod-
              #TeamBroncos
              • Mar 2008

Can't it be that Elway was hungry after a 4-hour interview?
              sigpic

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                Super Moderator
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                Gotcha.... Guess I remember the speculation part
                Yeah, there's lots of speculation and things agreed to, but you can't offer the position. And with 2 of Denver's rivals (NE and KC) being hammered by the league recently and the Raiders complaining about everything Denver does, they need to avoid any tampering.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                  Super Moderator
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
                  Exactly.What is telling is 2nd year and 3rd year as the offense had more and more shades of shanahan as opposed to previous OC's fingerprints they got better and better.Other than that 4th year in Washington.It is a pretty impressive body of work when you consider what he inherited and what he left.

See my next post, where only once in the 4 times was an improvement from the previous year. That's not to say Shanahan will be a failure, or that the Broncos offense wouldn't improve, but his history isn't that of a guy who comes in and flips things around in his first season.

Comment

• ksubroncosfan
                    Playmaker
                    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    See my next post, where only once in the 4 times was an improvement from the previous year. That's not to say Shanahan will be a failure, or that the Broncos offense wouldn't improve, but his history isn't that of a guy who comes in and flips things around in his first season.
                    Every situation is different. Too many variables.

Comment

• JJBroncoFan
                      Ring of Famer
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                      Can't it be that Elway was hungry after a 4-hour interview?
                      Lol exactly, the offseason is hilariously entertaining. It could very well be as simple as that, he evidently respects Vance and it may just he a simple gesture.
                      Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

• MHOC
                        Starter
                        • Mar 2013

Well some writer for presumably orange is saying don't be surprised if Vance is announced as the HC in the morning

Comment

• JesseH
                          Bench Warmer
                          • Sep 2013

Adam Schefter says the Broncos were "highly impressed" with Kyle Shanahan after his interview

As we know, there are plenty of reports/rumors out there pointing at Miami Dolphins Defensive Coordinator Vance Joseph being the favorite for the Broncos job, but Adam Schefter says he isn't hearing the same and isn't that camp.
                          A few moments ago, ESPN's Adam Schefter joined D-Mac and Big Al on 104.3 The Fan and had some interesting notes on the Denver Broncos Head Coaching search.

Comment

• MHOC
                            Starter
                            • Mar 2013

Good articke

Comment

• MHOC
                              Starter
                              • Mar 2013

Anyone ever ate at Elways Cherry Creek? They have private rooms or they were sitting out with the rest of the public?

Comment

• MHOC
                                Starter
                                • Mar 2013

Brandon Stokley just tweeted it looks like Vance is the man.

Comment

Working...
                                X