Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    They would have just ruined Carr. Manziel was/is the right choice for that dumpster fire
    I watch the Browns whenever the Broncos aren't playing and I can tell you that the team has talent,but the Browns owner acts like he's Jerry Jones without the rings

When you have an owner that acts like he knows more than the football people it's a problem.

The fans here in Cleveland are fed up with he owner and wants him to sit down and cut the check instead of trying to do someone's job...
    2016 Adopted Bronco-TJ Ward

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    If Kyle Shanahan didnt want to be here and thought it would be to uncomfortable and/or to much pressure, he wouldnt have accepted an interview. He knows he is the hottest commodity for HC this offseason, so he could have turned our interview down and still would have no problem getting a HC job.
    That just means he's willing to hear them out and see what's on the table. The bottomline is the contract they'd offer him, and that could be an overriding factor to any possible reluctance if it's lucrative enough.
    Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

Jake The Snake loves himself some Kyle Shanahan

Former Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer called bringing in Kyle "an amazing move."

"Itís in his blood too as a coach," Plummer said, adding that Kyle being young does worry him since being a head coach requires a lot more responsibility than just running an offense. "If heís ready for that...we run with it and have to get behind Kyle and hope he does well with all the pieces in place."
    http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1...-kyle-shanahan
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Kyle is young (37) and will be a first time HC. If he is willing to come in here and be open to atleast hearing and taking into account advice from those with more experience, he will be great. If Kyle comes in here like McDummy, being pompous and arrogant despite being young and a first time HC, and tries to clean house with the attitude of "my way or the highway", Kyle will not do well at all.
    We are hardly in a "house cleaning" mode coming off a SB win rather than recurring failures to meet the standards of the Bronco organization, but I am interested in knowing which house cleaning you in 20-20 hindsight hated?

Was it Cutler?
    BMarsh?
    Bob Slowik?

While I personally disagreed with picking Knowshawn rather than a defensive player and not focusing the 2009 draft more on defensive depth, I have a hard time seeing who he got rid of that were hurt us long term.

If we do get Kyle I hope he comes in with a vision for the team (as Josh did) but has the support and guidance of Elway and the organization, and lets not forget that there is a huge difference between being 32 and 37.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    We are hardly in a "house cleaning" mode coming off a SB win rather than recurring failures to meet the standards of the Bronco organization, but I am interested in knowing which house cleaning you in 20-20 hindsight hated?

Was it Cutler?
    BMarsh?
    Bob Slowik?

While I personally disagreed with picking Knowshawn rather than a defensive player and not focusing the 2009 draft more on defensive depth, I have a hard time seeing who he got rid of that were hurt us long term.

If we do get Kyle I hope he comes in with a vision for the team (as Josh did) but has the support and guidance of Elway and the organization, and lets not forget that there is a huge difference between being 32 and 37.
    There was no reason to do an immediate house cleaning in 2009 like McDummy did. Cutler was only 3 years into his career and just came off a Pro Bowl season. Shipping off Brandon Marshall was just flat out stupid. He has been one of the best WR in the NFL during his time in the league. I love DT but I would have rather had Marshall all theses years than DT.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

McDaniels entitled attitude is what soured fans the most in my neck of the woods. Some of his draft picks were actually pretty solid. Cutler has proven to be exactly what I thought he was in Chicago. Brandon Marshall is a fire starter in a bad way too. Kyle will have to manage some huge personalities but those personalities want to win very badly too. They can unite if they see a purpose and a plan to improve the overall team. We have offensive talent, minus O-line, so a fresh offensive outlook seems like a good change

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Brandon Marshall is a fire starter in a bad way too.
    I partly disagree. Marshall is a fire starter but not so much a bad one anymore since he was diagnosed with BPD and began receiving treatment a few years ago. Marshall is still outspoken but when it comes to "put up or shut up", Marshall continues time and time again to put up. My view is that if a player runs his mouth and then follows through and backs up, then by all means feel free to continue to run your mouth as long as you keep putting up.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

I partly disagree. Marshall is a fire starter but not so much a bad one anymore since he was diagnosed with BPD and began receiving treatment a few years ago. Marshall is still outspoken but when it comes to "put up or shut up", Marshall continues time and time again to put up. My view is that if a player runs his mouth and then follows through and backs up, then by all means feel free to continue to run your mouth as long as you keep putting up.
    The New Years killing of Darrent Williams was mostly or specifically because of him. He was bad news and needed to go and get a fresh start somewhere else. I doubt he would have recovered from that incident had he stayed here.

But back on topic, Kyle could be that enthusiasm needed to keep the team a contender for years to come.

Marshall can't stick with a team and DT has. Cutler has always been a mediocre QB, despite his tools
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

There was no reason to do an immediate house cleaning in 2009 like McDummy did. Cutler was only 3 years into his career and just came off a Pro Bowl season. Shipping off Brandon Marshall was just flat out stupid. He has been one of the best WR in the NFL during his time in the league. I love DT but I would have rather had Marshall all theses years than DT.
    No, McBrilliant saw what was blatent during Cutler's tenure in Denver that he was a self absorbed primadonna and that the culture that Shanny build was that there were stars and the rest. The team was soft and there was a reason that BMarsh was called baby TO.

McDaniels put his foot down and it had to be done. Where he failed was in his ability to handle the downs. He had never tried really loosing and as Von said today Kubes was fantastic in picking the players up, where McDaniels had neither the organisational backing nor the maturity to deal with the things goind astray.

Given BMarsh's behaviour both early and late in the season, the 40 million the Dolphins gave him and the 2 - 2nd round picks we got it was a brillliant move to get rid of BMarsh. I am sad we didn't outbit Jets to get him back though.

Kyle will have Elway and be able to rely on a host of oficial adn unofficial advisors so no sweat, but thank goodness that McDaniels got rid of that overrated punk that has fleezed the Bears - you know the one that had a stronger arm than Elway.

It would be no different than John Harbaugh inheriting a veteran D with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Once he got the young big armed QB in Joe Flacco, he had an AFCCG appearance in his rookie year in 2008 and several successful years.

The key was getting the veterans on D to buy in and by keeping Rex Ryan around for 2008 as DC, he was able to do that and show success. Hence Kyle Shanahan's first order of business is to convince and keep Wade, and then sell that to the veteran D. Then he can go about grooming the young QB(s) and take care of the O.

Here's a Q&A with Kyle during the bye week. Enjoyed hearing his responses to learn more about him.

http://mobile.atlantafalcons.com/med...e-8719f4e342e7

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Here's a Q&A with Kyle during the bye week. Enjoyed hearing his responses to learn more about him.

http://mobile.atlantafalcons.com/med...e-8719f4e342e7
    Thanks, great interview.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

He's a terrible coach and his one year in Cleveland was a disaster.

The man is extremely overrated. But, Denver loves keeping certain names and the Shanahan name goes far. So, he'll become Denver's new coach and then next year you will see a McDaniels style slump. Reading through these comments by people about Manziel, my question is. why are you focusing on Manziel?

Manziel only quarterbacked two games when Shanahan was there. If you want to see what he did to a QB - look at Hoyer. Twelve touchdowns and thirteen interceptions. If you want to find an offensive coordinator responsible for Manziel, look at whomever Cleveland's offensive coordinator was last year, Shanahan's first year in Atlanta.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 01-05-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    He's a terrible coach and his one year in Cleveland was a disaster.

The man is extremely overrated. But, Denver loves keeping certain names and the Shanahan name goes far. So, he'll become Denver's new coach and then next year you will see a McDaniels style slump. Reading through these comments by people about Manziel, my question is. why are you focusing on Manziel?

Manziel only quarterbacked two games when Shanahan was there. If you want to see what he did to a QB - look at Hoyer. Twelve touchdowns and thirteen interceptions. If you want to find an offensive coordinator responsible for Manziel, look at whomever Cleveland's offensive coordinator was last year, Shanahan's first year in Atlanta.
    There are several head coaches and front offices that respected his coaching skills enough to hire him. Cleveland is a disaster. A bad season involves more than the OC. Obviously the OC plays a significant role however a lot of things played into that season (and every season for that organization). Even in that situation I bet he learned a lot.

Hoyer is responsible for how he plays. The plays called by Shanahan on those INTs could have been the perfect calls - Hoyer needed to execute. Shanahan did not "Do something to Hoyer" - Hoyer has had many opportunities.

With any new HC there could be ups and downs including a bad season. Look how many ups and downs the team and coaching staff went through on the way to winning SB50. Sure the Broncos had a lot of success but each of the playoff losses and SB loss was a step on the way to the championship.

I would like to see coaching stability over the coming years - even if we have some ups and downs to get to the next championship. It would be great to roll right into several great seasons again but sometimes that doesn't happen.