Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 64

Thread: Kirk Cousins

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Okay so going off of what you just mentioned. If we are not able to sign any quality FA besides Cousin who is going to protect Cousins. He will get hit more than he did in Washington and won't have a run game. So we will be basically in the same situation. The draft won't be able to completely fix our oline.
    As I said...I don't really think they will sign Cousins. I also think we will be very very lucky to get 1 solid starter on the Oline in FA. I doubt we get anyone for the Dline who is any better than what we have now.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,647
    Kirk Cousins first 14 games where he started ( took 3 seasons) : 3,521 yards 18td- 19int and sacked 18 times in those 14 games.

    Trevor Semien first 14 games: 3401 yards 18tds-10int and sacked 31 times.

    Give Trevor an Oline and a run game and I bet those numbers go up.

    This all being said I am not opposed Denver getting another QB just not one that is going to cost us closer to 20 million. If we can't, I say we stick with Trevor.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Jackson is NOT a very dangerous threat and Reed was hurt for most of the season....he only started 8 games this year. Yes, Cousins had some decent WR but no one like a Julio Jones, E Sanders, DT, AJ Green, etc...
    DeSean Jackson was a 1,000 yard WR including a league leading 17.9 yard per catch. Not sure how that isn't dangerous. Cousins has a ton of offensive weapons, yes they don't have a pairing of DT and Sanders, but they have a much deeper set of skill players than Denver does.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    4,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Kirk Cousins first 14 games where he started ( took 3 seasons) : 3,521 yards 18td- 19int and sacked 18 times in those 14 games.

    Trevor Semien first 14 games: 3401 yards 18tds-10int and sacked 31 times.

    Give Trevor an Oline and a run game and I bet those numbers go up.

    This all being said I am not opposed Denver getting another QB just not one that is going to cost us closer to 20 million. If we can't, I say we stick with Trevor.
    This is my point right here. Problem is that without better play from the O line/running game it's hard to truly know what Simiens capacity is.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I think the more games Siemian played, the more it became apparent that he won't ever be much of a QB in the league.
    argee to diagree i think any QB would have alot of trouble with the players we had at oline and how they played. his 18 to 10 td to int rating is great and i mean he did make mistakes and stuff but he looked like a young QB trying to find his grove and find what he can and can't do in the league. he can be a starting QB in this league no doubt. can he be a QB you

    also no way kirk cousins is a top three QB
    Tom Brady
    Matt Ryan
    Aaron Rodgers


    you'd rather have Kirk Cousins over one those?

    cause those where way better each one of those had more TD and less Ints then Cousins. if brady didn't miss the first month of the season he'd probably be up there with ryan and rodgers in the high 38 low 40ty for tds and none of them had double digit ints

    then you throw in carr who also had more TD and less Ints then cousins.

    passing TDS he got was 13th he was also middle of the pack in INTS for the nfl. well he was 6th in passing attempts

    in all he reads out to be an around average QB in the nfl if you look at more then yards. his yards was being asked throw the ball alot

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    argee to diagree i think any QB would have alot of trouble with the players we had at oline and how they played. his 18 to 10 td to int rating is great and i mean he did make mistakes and stuff but he looked like a young QB trying to find his grove and find what he can and can't do in the league. he can be a starting QB in this league no doubt. can he be a QB you

    also no way kirk cousins is a top three QB
    Tom Brady
    Matt Ryan
    Aaron Rodgers


    you'd rather have Kirk Cousins over one those?

    cause those where way better each one of those had more TD and less Ints then Cousins. if brady didn't miss the first month of the season he'd probably be up there with ryan and rodgers in the high 38 low 40ty for tds and none of them had double digit ints

    then you throw in carr who also had more TD and less Ints then cousins.

    passing TDS he got was 13th he was also middle of the pack in INTS for the nfl. well he was 6th in passing attempts

    in all he reads out to be an around average QB in the nfl if you look at more then yards. his yards was being asked throw the ball alot
    18:10 TD:int ratio is great???

    Again...I don't think they will be getting a high price QB but to compare Siemian to Cousins? At this point that is silly. This season, Siemian was a bottom 5 QB. He made great throws from to time but was wildly inaccurate at others. I saw very little to make me believe that He can be a true franchise QB.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-03-2017 at 01:14 PM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    18:10 TD:int ratio is great???

    Again...I don't think they will be getting a high price QB but to compare Siemian to Cousins? At this point that is silly. This season, Siemian was a bottom 5 QB. He made great throws from to time but was wildly inaccurate at others. I saw very little to make me believe that He can be a true franchise QB.
    not great for a QB whos been in the league for a while. great for a starting QB in his first year go check first round QBS. in the past years in there first starting year. it seems around average. i mean for crying out load manning had 25 td and 28 ints his first season. for a first season starting in the nfl it is a respectible number. i take it mariota is bad with 19 tds and 10 ints in hsi year or well car had 25 and 12. winston 22 and 15 big ben was 17 tds and 11 ints matt ryan had 16 td and 11 ints. eli manning had 24 td and 17 ints

    point being all those seem around even with what sieman threw forward so i take it they where all or are all terrible QBs. it takes years to really hit a stride for any QB. normally 2 or so years at least starting in the same

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,647
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    18:10 TD:int ratio is great???

    Again...I don't think they will be getting a high price QB but to compare Siemian to Cousins? At this point that is silly. This season, Siemian was a bottom 5 QB.
    For being a 7th round pick and being his first year starting behind an embarrassing oline and zero run game. I think he did pretty well.

    I'm going to get killed on this one but I'd take Romo( if he hits FA) at a lower salary on a 2 year deal. Knowing that if Romo gets hurt we have a capable back up that could step in. Plus it could give time for Kyle Shan to coach Paxton. We would save money while getting better.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    For being a 7th round pick and being his first year starting behind an embarrassing oline and zero run game. I think he did pretty well.

    I'm going to get killed on this one but I'd take Romo( if he hits FA) at a lower salary on a 2 year deal. Knowing that if Romo gets hurt we have a capable back up that could step in. Plus it could give time for Kyle Shan to coach Paxton. We would save money while getting better.
    This, I agree with.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    not great for a QB whos been in the league for a while. great for a starting QB in his first year go check first round QBS. in the past years in there first starting year. it seems around average. i mean for crying out load manning had 25 td and 28 ints his first season. for a first season starting in the nfl it is a respectible number. i take it mariota is bad with 19 tds and 10 ints in hsi year or well car had 25 and 12. winston 22 and 15 big ben was 17 tds and 11 ints matt ryan had 16 td and 11 ints. eli manning had 24 td and 17 ints

    point being all those seem around even with what sieman threw forward so i take it they where all or are all terrible QBs. it takes years to really hit a stride for any QB. normally 2 or so years at least starting in the same
    Siemian's stats are also about the same as jamarcus Russell's.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    For being a 7th round pick and being his first year starting behind an embarrassing oline and zero run game. I think he did pretty well.

    I'm going to get killed on this one but I'd take Romo( if he hits FA) at a lower salary on a 2 year deal. Knowing that if Romo gets hurt we have a capable back up that could step in. Plus it could give time for Kyle Shan to coach Paxton. We would save money while getting better.
    i think its good for a first year starting QB in general

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Siemian's stats are also about the same as jamarcus Russell's.
    there not good but there not great i think he has the cieling of a starter the floor of one of those guys you keep around as a back up but really hopes he never has to start.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    21,840
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    18:10 TD:int ratio is great???

    Again...I don't think they will be getting a high price QB but to compare Siemian to Cousins? At this point that is silly. This season, Siemian was a bottom 5 QB. He made great throws from to time but was wildly inaccurate at others. I saw very little to make me believe that He can be a true franchise QB.
    10 ints was spectacular, given what was made available for him.

    Hooray, beer!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,131
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    10 ints was spectacular, given what was made available for him.
    what do you mean...made available to him?

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    For being a 7th round pick and being his first year starting behind an embarrassing oline and zero run game. I think he did pretty well.

    I'm going to get killed on this one but I'd take Romo( if he hits FA) at a lower salary on a 2 year deal. Knowing that if Romo gets hurt we have a capable back up that could step in. Plus it could give time for Kyle Shan to coach Paxton. We would save money while getting better.
    To add to this! All the pressure to win now, Pressure of preceding manning, Kubiak not being himself this year, and the poor play calling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •