Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64

Thread: Kirk Cousins

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dinner Table, Hungry
    Posts
    2,324

    Kirk Cousins

    If I could see one Veteran QB in Denver next year...

    I am only excited about the name Kirk Cousins.

    I estimate there is a 20% chance Cousins is our QB next year-

    90% Chance if Denver has a QB start next year that is not Siemian or Lynch, it is Kirk Cousins...

    Who do ya'll think is Denver Starting QB next year? I think it's Siemian with Lynch at #2.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.2743b692a82f

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    If I could see one Veteran QB in Denver next year...

    I am only excited about the name Kirk Cousins.

    I estimate there is a 20% chance Cousins is our QB next year-

    90% Chance if Denver has a QB start next year that is not Siemian or Lynch, it is Kirk Cousins...

    Who do ya'll think is Denver Starting QB next year? I think it's Siemian with Lynch at #2.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.2743b692a82f
    I highly doubt Elway will shell out 20 million per season for Kirk Cousins.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,621
    1% chance he will be our QB next seeason. He is so overrated it's ridiculous. Living in DC I've watched too many of his games and watch him blow almost every important game. Not worth the $20+ he will ask for. Plus, he will be tagged agAin again this year.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    1% chance he will be our QB next seeason. He is so overrated it's ridiculous. Living in DC I've watched too many of his games and watch him blow almost every important game. Not worth the $20+ he will ask for. Plus, he will be tagged agAin again this year.
    I have to disagree. I think it 100% hinges on whether Kyle comes because Kirk was Kyle's guy on a terrible team. I can imagine he'd love to have him paired with our defense.

    A few things will have to come into play. First, of course is Kyle being hired as HC. Second, Kirk would likely have to take a bit of a discount to play for his old coach in a dream scenario. Other teams in the QB market - Bills, Bears, Jets, Jaguars, Browns, 49ers. He likely wouldn't find a better spot than here.

    As for Kirk blowing big games, this Skins team has been terrible and he's led them to wins despite that. Plenty of which were 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives (top 5 in NFL in both). The fact that he was able to take last years garbage pile of a team to a division title and a playoff berth was nothing short of a miracle. All while putting up the two best QB seasons the Washington franchise has ever seen.

    If Elway can bring him and Kyle in and still have enough cap to address OL and DL, I'm all for it.
    2017 Adopt-A-Bronco is Von Miller

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,787
    Will Washington even let him hit the market? I find that unlikely. Although, it would create an interesting FA dynamic if Kirk, Tyrod, and Romo all were able to hit the market.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,791
    I would be game as long as what ^ he said ^ happens.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,621
    You say Kirk would have to take a pay cut to join us. He came out and said he wouldn't even take a pay cut for the Skins. I feel like he is a slightly better version of Trever. We would have to sign him to a 3-5 year contract worth close to 60-100 million to get him( depending on the years). Make zero sense to spend that kind of money when we have other holes we need to fill.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    693
    My problem is the price tag too. He is much better than Osweiler but neither are worth 15 million much less 20. I don't see Elway bringing in a vet QB. I suppose if someone was healthy, reliable, and head over heels better than what we have now, maybe.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    8,313
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    I have to disagree. I think it 100% hinges on whether Kyle comes because Kirk was Kyle's guy on a terrible team. I can imagine he'd love to have him paired with our defense.

    A few things will have to come into play. First, of course is Kyle being hired as HC. Second, Kirk would likely have to take a bit of a discount to play for his old coach in a dream scenario. Other teams in the QB market - Bills, Bears, Jets, Jaguars, Browns, 49ers. He likely wouldn't find a better spot than here.

    As for Kirk blowing big games, this Skins team has been terrible and he's led them to wins despite that. Plenty of which were 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives (top 5 in NFL in both). The fact that he was able to take last years garbage pile of a team to a division title and a playoff berth was nothing short of a miracle. All while putting up the two best QB seasons the Washington franchise has ever seen.

    If Elway can bring him and Kyle in and still have enough cap to address OL and DL, I'm all for it.
    Kirk will not be taking a discount to play here. The whole reason this thing has been going on as long as it has is because he won't take a discount. He wants to be paid top dollar and Washington is afraid to pay him.

    I actually agree with you on your assessment of Cousins and think he could be really good here, but he won't be taking a discount.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    You say Kirk would have to take a pay cut to join us. He came out and said he wouldn't even take a pay cut for the Skins. I feel like he is a slightly better version of Trever. We would have to sign him to a 3-5 year contract worth close to 60-100 million to get him( depending on the years). Make zero sense to spend that kind of money when we have other holes we need to fill.
    There's a bit more to that story. Kirk is pretty disrespected by the way the Skins have treated this whole ordeal. Early in his career, the coaches wanted him to be the guy after realizing that RG3 was a bust, but Dan Snyder stepped in and forced his way with the situation. This is what ultimately ended the Shanahan's tenure in Washington.

    This past offseason, after telling Kirk he was their guy and they wanted him for the long haul, they offered him $12M per year as their first offer. They never gave him another offer and refused to go above that figure, which was well below market price for a guy deemed to be their guy.

    I think he's had enough in Washington and the only thing to keep him around would be a massive overpay.

    I don't know for certain but I'd imagine that things could change if he hits the open market and has a chance to play for his old coach with a top defense and a real shot at a championship.
    2017 Adopt-A-Bronco is Von Miller

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    El Paso, Tx
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    1% chance he will be our QB next seeason. He is so overrated it's ridiculous. Living in DC I've watched too many of his games and watch him blow almost every important game. Not worth the $20+ he will ask for. Plus, he will be tagged agAin again this year.
    Could've sworn you were talking about Romo, because that's exactly how I feel about him.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    Kirk will not be taking a discount to play here. The whole reason this thing has been going on as long as it has is because he won't take a discount. He wants to be paid top dollar and Washington is afraid to pay him.

    I actually agree with you on your assessment of Cousins and think he could be really good here, but he won't be taking a discount.
    See my post above. I understand that he's said he doesn't want to take less but I think his history in Washington is forcing that narrative. He does a weekly interview here on a local radio station and he's always been very clear and calculated. Everything he says is for a reason, and he's made it clear that he wants to play for a team that respects him and wants him to be there. The only way for the Redskins to make him believe they want him is to give him a big contract. I think there's a chance that Elway and Shanahan could prove they want him without shelling out top dollar.

    Just my take. I've been wrong plenty of times before, I'll be wrong plenty more.
    2017 Adopt-A-Bronco is Von Miller

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    You say Kirk would have to take a pay cut to join us. He came out and said he wouldn't even take a pay cut for the Skins. I feel like he is a slightly better version of Trever. We would have to sign him to a 3-5 year contract worth close to 60-100 million to get him( depending on the years). Make zero sense to spend that kind of money when we have other holes we need to fill.
    I'm going to have to disagree on that. Cousins has played much much better than Siemian has. Siemian only has the one year under his belt but he looked out of his element the farther the season went this year. If Paxton isn't the QB to take the reins next year....Cousins would be a great addition.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,621
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree on that. Cousins has played much much better than Siemian has. Siemian only has the one year under his belt but he looked out of his element the farther the season went this year. If Paxton isn't the QB to take the reins next year....Cousins would be a great addition.
    Compare Cousins first 16 games to Siemian and they are not too far apart. Plus, considering how bad our oline and run game is.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,658
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree on that. Cousins has played much much better than Siemian has. Siemian only has the one year under his belt but he looked out of his element the farther the season went this year. If Paxton isn't the QB to take the reins next year....Cousins would be a great addition.
    cause now is better then sieimian, but cousins has 5 years in the league sieman has had 1 cousins has had 40 starts siemans has had 14. theres alot to say about experence and hitting his upside. i would say his upside is close if not at what kirk cousins is. will he hit it. maybe. but as of right now cousins is a average to good starting QB. Sieman was still one of the worst, but he showed potential to be at least an average starting QB.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •