Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Siemian's Size

Siemian's Size

Anyone else think Siemian need to bulk up a little? I really don't know how he can survive all those hits with such a slight build? Is it just not encouraged for a QB to workout much? I don't expect him to look like a linebacker but some extra muscle could help.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    Anyone else think Siemian need to bulk up a little? I really don't know how he can survive all those hits with such a slight build? Is it just not encouraged for a QB to workout much? I don't expect him to look like a linebacker but some extra muscle could help.
    I don't know. According to Wikipedia he's about the same size as John Elway. Elway took more punishment than any QB I can remember.

He can be anymore slight than Tom Brady, he looks like a slender man. But I guess some people just take punishment better than others.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

I think he needs to gain about 10-15 pounds of mass

in my eyes he looks more bulked up than he did in the beginning of the season. Should be getting stronger and bigger after his clavicle surgery
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

He's fine.
    Honestly, I think Trevor is the QB of future for this team; unless Pax develops wildly in the offseason.

There was a photo this year that showed TS in a spa/pool in rehab with a helmet on reading plays from a device just like Peyton did last year.In that photo it was quite apparent that Peyton had guns as biceps compared to TS.Peyton was never really considered a BIG guy either.It was after seeing that photo I said to myself"Geez he would want to bulk up to take the hits he takes".Im sure in the offseason he will do exactly that.The guy aint scared of hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    There was a photo this year that showed TS in a spa/pool in rehab with a helmet on reading plays from a device just like Peyton did last year.In that photo it was quite apparent that Peyton had guns as biceps compared to TS.Peyton was never really considered a BIG guy either.It was after seeing that photo I said to myself"Geez he would want to bulk up to take the hits he takes".Im sure in the offseason he will do exactly that.The guy aint scared of hard work.
    Hopefully he's healthy by the time the weightlifting portion of the offseason program starts. I'm not sure how long it takes to heal from shoulder surgery, but it's tough to lift much until your shoulder is healed.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

During the broadcast of the OAK game Simms/Nance remarked that one of the goals they said for Trevor in the offseason was to get stronger, not bigger, stronger, so he can withstand the rigors of a full season....the hits.

I remember Elway, in his rookie year, was a tall skinny kid who took a God awful beating. After the '83 season, Elway bulked up probably a good 15-20 lbs of muscle. The rest is history.

It can't hurt Siemian to get stronger. That being said almost no QB makes it through a season uninjured if they take hits like he did this season. Getting rid of the ball a split second sooner should also be on his to do list.

Trevor listed at 6'3" 220 lbs - not sure if this is accurate. Ryan Tannehill listed at 6'4" 214 lbs. Tannehill's knee injury would not necessarily have been prevented through being stronger or "bulked up".

Matt Stafford had several shoulder injuries early in his career.

Strength and conditioning is important however hopefully he'll learn to protect himself better. No matter what he does, risk of injury will always exist.

He's still young. Take a look at Bradys pictures from his first few years in the league. He looked like a career gamer who never left his house.

I agree that Trevor needs to bulk up, but that'll take time and conditioning and he's now got a lot of tools at his disposal to do just that.

TS is listed at 6-3 and 220 IIRC. When Elway was drafted he was 6-3 215. IIRC in 87 or 88 Elway became a gym rat, he started heavy weight training to bulk himself up to save his life. TS should probably do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Trevor listed at 6'3" 220 lbs - not sure if this is accurate. Ryan Tannehill listed at 6'4" 214 lbs. Tannehill's knee injury would not necessarily have been prevented through being stronger or "bulked up".

Matt Stafford had several shoulder injuries early in his career.

Strength and conditioning is important however hopefully he'll learn to protect himself better. No matter what he does, risk of injury will always exist.
    That is my thinking, as well. Peyton was a master at "self-sacking" rather than taking the huge hit, or throwing an interception. THAT'S what I want to see out of Siemian.

I was never a fan of Brian Griese, but his change from working with a trainer after his first season in Denver brought dramatic and obvious physical changes. Getting stronger will add a little more zip to the ball, get Siemian out of trouble when being rushed, and help get that crucial 1st Down when he has to run.