Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 890
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,226

    The NFL Playoffs

    May be too late, but thought I'd introduce a new thread, for the final playoff games. Lots of great action ahead, even minus a certain team from Mile High....

    Looking forward to a much better weekend of games, after the poor showing we just witnessed. The difference of winners/losers was over 70 points which is not good.

    I think most of us will agree that one game will be a blow out.....The Pats over Houston. The question will be, how long does Oz last? And how many points will Brady and company put on the board. I don't know what Vegas is posting, but I am thinking about a 3 TD gap.

    The other AFC game should be interesting, assuming Ben is ok. I look for KC's D to keep Brown and Bell down to reasonable numbers, and if they utilize their O weapons properly, should get the nod. Mind you, this could be a mini upset, cuz you can never quite count out Ben and company.....if healthy. Still, I give this one to KC.

    In The NFC......

    I like Atlanta over Seattle. I think some of The Seahawk magic is missing. Their Oline is not very strong, no Beast, and Sherman needs Thomas.....and Atlanta has so many weapons!!! Atlanta has a history though, but this appears to be the perfect time for them to make a stand.

    Finally.....one heck of a contest between The Pack and Dallas. GB and Rodgers and his Oline are serious stuff, and even without Jordy can make a lot of noise this weekend. They are confident and pretty sharp. The question is, can their D contain Dak and Zeke? If they can force the issue, cause one or two rookie mistakes, I believe this game is at least a saw off. I am biased towards The Pack.....other than home field, this is too close to call (for me).

    Your thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    828
    I'm seeing a NE vs Seattle SB again.

    The most interesting games are definitely the KC vs Steelers and the Pack vs Dallas. I'm assuming GBs defense wont be able to handle Dallas. So, maybe the most curious game to me is the KC Steelers.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I'm seeing a NE vs Seattle SB again.

    The most interesting games are definitely the KC vs Steelers and the Pack vs Dallas. I'm assuming GBs defense wont be able to handle Dallas. So, maybe the most curious game to me is the KC Steelers.
    You maybe right, but please, please.....I do not want at least one of the two teams you identify to make the SB!!! I'd really prefer neither of them make it. Hey, whoever makes it, earned it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    828
    What is REALLY going to hurt KC is the significant amount of injuries on their defensive front. They are down to 2nd string Inside Linebackers and a guy they cut and brought back. Poe has back problems, several of their rotational guys are injured. Their run defense is extremely exposed. Marcus Peters and co might be able to slow down Antonio Brown, but I'm betting Bell will have another 150+ yard game.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 01-09-2017 at 03:04 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    16,554
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    You maybe right, but please, please.....I do not want at least one of the two teams you identify to make the SB!!! I'd really prefer neither of them make it. Hey, whoever makes it, earned it.
    I'm with you. I absolutely do not want NE to be in the SB.

    I believe that GB will beat DAL and ATL will beat SEA. for a GB/ATL NFCCG. Hope GB is the winner as I think they have a better shot at beating NE.

    NE is walking into the AFCCG since they are facing HOU....oh boy, what a tough road ahead for the Pats.
    I mean, how is it that this team keeps getting luckier and luckier.

    As I stated elsewhere, I believe that the only one who will get in the way of the KC will be Andy Reid. He is too conservative and predictable. If they make it to the AFCCG, they will have to air it out. You absolutely cannot dink and dunk against NE in Foxboro.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    What is REALLY going to hurt KC is the significant amount of injuries on their defensive front. They are down to 2nd string Inside Linebackers and a guy they cut and brought back. Poe has back problems, several of their rotational guys are injured. Their run defense is extremely exposed. Marcus Peters and co might be able to slow down Antonio, but I'm better Bell will have another 150+ yard game.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I'm with you. I absolutely do not want NE to be in the SB.

    I believe that GB will beat DAL and ATL will beat SEA. for a GB/ATL NFCCG. Hope GB is the winner as I think they have a better shot at beating NE.

    NE is walking into the AFCCG since they are facing HOU....oh boy, what a tough road ahead for the Pats.
    I mean, how is it that this team keeps getting luckier and luckier.

    As I stated elsewhere, I believe that the only one who will get in the way of the KC will be Andy Reid. He is too conservative and predictable. If they make it to the AFCCG, they will have to air it out. You absolutely cannot dink and dunk against NE in Foxboro.
    Green Bay vs KC sounds good to me! GB's D has to play their best, and Smith has to throw downfield and score a few points....heck, he's got Ware, Kelce and Hill to make things happen.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    7,816
    I'm kind of hoping for a Kansas City vs Atlanta super bowl matchup, I highly doubt that happens. I do consider Atlanta a serious contender along with Green Bay, and Dallas. Call me crazy, but I'm not seeing anything special from Seattle this season other than the New England win. They beat Detroit in Seattle that was expected, let see what they do this weekend.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    16,554
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I'm kind of hoping for a Kansas City vs Atlanta super bowl matchup, I highly doubt that happens. I do consider Atlanta a serious contender along with Green Bay, and Dallas. Call me crazy, but I'm not seeing anything special from Seattle this season other than the New England win. They beat Detroit in Seattle that was expected, let see what they do this weekend.
    Yup, SEA is not the same team anymore. But they always seem to pull things out. That team seems lucky to me as well.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,226
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I'm kind of hoping for a Kansas City vs Atlanta super bowl matchup, I highly doubt that happens. I do consider Atlanta a serious contender along with Green Bay, and Dallas. Call me crazy, but I'm not seeing anything special from Seattle this season other than the New England win. They beat Detroit in Seattle that was expected, let see what they do this weekend.
    It would be nice for Atlanta, particularly Ryan, who will never get the appropriate respect if he doesn't get them deeper into the playoffs. But do they have enough D?

    But even though Wilson almost always finds a way.....my gut tells me the run is over, primarily because of an ordinary Oline (at best) and the effect of not having Thomas.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,226
    So.....what are the odds for The Pats/Houston game? I think 3-4 TDs is being kind!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    11,535
    Dallas and KC look like one and done teams to me, NE is an obvious pick, Can't see Atlanta losing at home to a banged up Seattle team

    GB @ Atlanta

    Pittsburgh @ NE

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,226
    Even though our guys are out of the playoffs, I am really looking forward to this weekend's games, after that dud wild card set of games!

    I have many questions to be answered:
    1) Is Rodgers going into overdrive, and taking The Pack all the way?
    2) How will the Dallas rookies handle the bigger platform? Will there be some errors that reflect this level of competition?
    3) Are Ryan and his mates really serious this time out? Can they put away Wilson and that elite D (minus Thomas)?
    4) Do Bell and Brown and Ben have enough to overtake a pretty solid KC team, on the road?
    5) Oh wait, is there another game this weekend??????

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    7,816
    Dallas over Green Bay in a tight game. Could go either way.

    Atlanta over Seattle

    New England over Houston

    Kansas City over Pittsburgh, could go either way.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,226
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Dallas over Green Bay in a tight game. Could go either way.

    Atlanta over Seattle

    New England over Houston

    Kansas City over Pittsburgh, could go either way.
    Are you sure The Pats can handle Oz and company????


    FOR THE FIRST 5 MINUTES........

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,383
    Looks like Seattle is gonna get to hold
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •