Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What happens to Janovich?

What happens to Andy if we hire a new coach and have a new offensive philosophy? I think he proved he was extremely valuable as a playmaker on the offensive side of the ball. A lot of offenses don't utilize a pure fullback often or at all.

You can't let someone like him sit on the bench. The kid is a monster. Do you rotate him in as a RB or try utilizing him in the slot? I'm curious to hear what others think on how else you could use Janovich if he isn't getting many or ANY snaps at FB in a new offense?

Simple answer is lets wait to see who the new HC and OC will be. and what system they run.

If not needed he will be cut and the new OC will likely have an equally impactful RB in the new system. I like Janovich. I like to see FBs in the backfield. But keeping him on the roster is the least of the Broncos concerns at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    What happens to Andy if we hire a new coach and have a new offensive philosophy? I think he proved he was extremely valuable as a playmaker on the offensive side of the ball. A lot of offenses don't utilize a pure fullback often or at all.

You can't let someone like him sit on the bench. The kid is a monster. Do you rotate him in as a RB or try utilizing him in the slot? I'm curious to hear what others think on how else you could use Janovich if he isn't getting many or ANY snaps at FB in a new offense?

Interesting question re new possible coaching philosophy etc(other than Kyle who is similar).Dont know how Janovich goes in the slot though.Not exactly the quickest cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    What happens to Andy if we hire a new coach and have a new offensive philosophy?
    Little to nothing changes with Janovich if we hire Kyle Shanahan. He we hire Joseph or Toub, your guess is as good as mine with Janovich.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Looks like Vance Joseph will be named HC with Mike McCoy returning as the OC.

I think McCoy will use a FB with no problem, especially a versatile one like Janovich.

McCoy had a FB in Denver (Spencer Larsen) and the Chargers had a FB this season (Watt).
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Looks like Vance Joseph will be named HC with Mike McCoy returning as the OC.

I think McCoy will use a FB with no problem, especially a versatile one like Janovich.

McCoy had a FB in Denver (Spencer Larsen) and the Chargers had a FB this season (Watt).
    Has Joseph been interviewed yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    Has Joseph been interviewed yet ?
    Tomorrow.

I want Kyle Shanahan for HC, but almost every media from Denver is saying it's Vance Joseph.

At least Legwold is reporting Kyle is the top candidate...
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Tomorrow.

I want Kyle Shanahan for HC, but almost every media from Denver is saying it's Vance Joseph.

I'm the same as you I want Kyle here he just makes more sense to hire in my opinion

Tomorrow.

Schefter has said there is no favorite as of a couple of days ago. Now Schefter could be wrong, but he's usually very reliable when it comes to Denver. At this point it's anyones guess IMO.

His main issue is staying healthy. He is athletic enough to be used as a weapon at the fullback position not just a lead blocker any coach with an ounce of creativity should be able to draw up some plays for him. but he has to stay on the field.

He's a guy on a cheap contract who's good on special teams, he'll be on the roster in 2017. It's also more common for teams to use fullbacks than it is for teams not to use fullbacks, the OC might vary in how much he uses one, but they'll have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He's a guy on a cheap contract who's good on special teams, he'll be on the roster in 2017. It's also more common for teams to use fullbacks than it is for teams not to use fullbacks, the OC might vary in how much he uses one, but they'll have one.
    I am a little biased but a healthy Janovich should make this team on his special teams talent alone he is that good.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    I am a little biased but a healthy Janovich should make this team on his special teams talent alone he is that good.
    That's why I said he's not going anywhere. Especially if Toub were to be hired. But guys on cheap contracts who are good on special teams don't usually get cut, and if they do they're not without a team for very long.

If the new offense relies much on a Fullback both for blocking and receiving, there needs to be depth either on the roster or the PS. Janovich even had a few rushing attempts with one TD along with some receptions in eleven games. IMO the biggest loss when he went on IR was how it limited the use of I Formations with FB as a blocker.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I think Janovich was critical for Kubiak's methods to work. But he probably is no longer as valued an asset no matter who comes in here.

I'm hoping for Shanahan but I, like I think Elway, have some reservations about hiring a coach with zero HC experience. The Broncos can afford a miss, but anyone in the front office themselves don't have time for misses. They need to get this right the first time. My instinct tells me Kyle Shanahan is the man for this job, but I bet I could be swayed if I was a fly on the wall in on those interviews. I have no doubt this decision will come down to get feeling after all the other prerequisites are met.

The defense is there. We' need offensive help. We need cunning on offense. We need the kind of clever coordinating that we saw against our great defense against Atlanta this season.

Whoever gets the gig it's gonna be yet another fun ride for us lucky Bronco fans.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese