Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I think Janovich was critical for Kubiak's methods to work. But he probably is no longer as valued an asset no matter who comes in here.

I'm hoping for Shanahan but I, like I think Elway, have some reservations about hiring a coach with zero HC experience. The Broncos can afford a miss, but anyone in the front office themselves don't have time for misses. They need to get this right the first time. My instinct tells me Kyle Shanahan is the man for this job, but I bet I could be swayed if I was a fly on the wall in on those interviews. I have no doubt this decision will come down to get feeling after all the other prerequisites are met.

The defense is there. We' need offensive help. We need cunning on offense. We need the kind of clever coordinating that we saw against our great defense against Atlanta this season.

Whoever gets the gig it's gonna be yet another fun ride for us lucky Bronco fans.
    Lots of teams use a fullback. Both McCoy and Shanahan would use a fullback in their offense.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Looks like Vance Joseph will be named HC with Mike McCoy returning as the OC.

I think McCoy will use a FB with no problem, especially a versatile one like Janovich.

McCoy had a FB in Denver (Spencer Larsen) and the Chargers had a FB this season (Watt).
    Reports I heard are that
    Vance Joseph is scheduled to interview with
    San Diego and San Francisco....
    right after leaving Denver.
    -
    I reckon.. if Elway wants Joseph..
    he is gonna hire the guy tomorrow..
    rather than let him get away and interview with other teams...
    especially in the division ( SD)
    Last thing Elway would want..
    is his new head coach spilling his guts for 5 hours to
    a division rival.
    -
    I think we learn a LOT by tomorrow night.
    If Joseph leaves and flies to San Diego...
    I reckon Elway is wanting Kyle Shanahan.
    -
    JMHO
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

As far as Janovich...
    the new head coach,
    whoever it is..
    is gonna LOVE Andy...
    I don't see any problem..
    AJ is a serious weapon...
    a bona fide, old school football player.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

To the OP: I agree with Butler. He's too cheap and too good not to be on a roster next year, It should be ours.

Stay on topic pls/ thx there are enough threads about coaches...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    If the new offense relies much on a Fullback both for blocking and receiving, there needs to be depth either on the roster or the PS. Janovich even had a few rushing attempts with one TD along with some receptions in eleven games. IMO the biggest loss when he went on IR was how it limited the use of I Formations with FB as a blocker.
    I thought Thompson did a better job in the FB role against OAK in the win than he has in the past. That's was just one very special game though. Hard to say how meaningful that was as the blocking was improved across the board. As of right now I wouldn't mind Anderson/Booker/Bibbs at RB and Janovich/Thompson at FB if Thompson really did put it all together. Bibbs' contract is up and Thompson can be cut with no hit though. Anyway-I don't think Anderson, Booker, or Janovich are going anywhere.

Bibbs is a 2017 ERFA, Booker is on his rookie contract for the next three years, Anderson will get half in 2017 of what he got last year and is under contract through 2019.

Janovich was selected with the first pick of the sixth round and will be on his rookie contract for the next three years. He was the first of three Fullbacks chosen in 2016. His selection was probably made with input from the coaching staff, and he is more than adequate in the blocking, receiving, special teams and occasional rushing attempt required of Fullbacks.

Juwan Thompson is under contract for 2017 and will be a RFA in 2018. Releasing him might entail a relatively small cap hit. All of these guys will most likely go to TC. We'll need to wait and see what the new offense will be like and how they regard the Fullback position.

In the event a FB is as important to the new offense as it was to the previous one, depth must be provided on the roster or the PS. Fortunately good FB prospects are available as UDFAs.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus