Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

30 Years Ago Today

The Drive

Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Damn already been 30 years!?! Time truly, flies fast.

I remember watching this game with my dad who was a Browns fan, grew up in a Browns household. He was not happy lol. Then the following year in Denver with the Earnest Byner fumble, and then in the 89 AFC championship game where we completely dismantled Cleveland. Sadly we got dismantled ourselves in every super bowl after beating Cleveland in those games. My old man has since passed away and I'm the biggest Broncos fan, but I'd like to see the Browns win one, one day, for my pops.

I figured someone would post about that.

I will say one thing, I do miss that team Denver played against. It's too bad they are gone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    The Drive

I remember watching this !

Oooh, time to fire up the ol' VCR and relive the magic.

Lol, I just go to youtube and find all kinds of videos regarding "the drive". On another note, I always thought Kosar was soooo over rated.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Lol, I just go to youtube and find all kinds of videos regarding "the drive". On another note, I always thought Kosar was soooo over rated.
    Still the best QB the Browns have ever had.

Yeah that was so awesome. I was about 12 yrs old . He was my "idol" if you will . He truly was a special player wasn't he .

Elway's greatest moment in football. Ironic that he follows it up 30 years later with his worst ever moment.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Still the best QB the Browns have ever had.
    No, 2nd best.

Otto Graham is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by broncsx3 View Post
    Elway's greatest moment in football. Ironic that he follows it up 30 years later with his worst ever moment.
    lol, right?

Adopted by: Andrewmlb
    Sig by: MHS

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    No, 2nd best.

Otto Graham is the best.
    Some people have never heard of players like Otto Graham or Marion Motley, maybe not even Jim Brown.

Actually Elway had better moments than the drive. The comeback against the Oilers and Warron Moon was actually a better drive imo. Elway had tons of great moments. His last game he was a super bowl mvp.

With his worst ever? You seem pretty confident in your convictions given that Vance has never been a head coach.

That's a pretty amazing talent. I for one don't have a clue how Vance will perform. What I do know, is that Vance rose quickly through the coaching ranks, and impressed the hell out of Elway in two separate interviews. There were multiple teams interested in him as a head coaching candidate...so, a fairly significant number of people with an impressive football acumen all see some standout coaching quality in this man.

Until I see evidence otherwise...I'm optimistically hopeful. Elway is a pretty capable GM.