Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sleeper Prospects

Anyone got any sleeper prospects to watch out for in the draft this year?

Forrest Lamp is one that is standing out to me, plays LT at Western Kentucky but hes probably not tall enough to play there in the nfl but could make a good RT or move inside to G.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1vBFZRXa0k this is his highlights from the Alabama game this year he looks pretty impressive going against a defence where many of them will be playing the NFL.

I can hear it now...

Booker with the ball, cuts to the outside. He's hit! Ball is loose. Lamp picks it up and starts up field. RUN FORREST RUN!!!!!!!!
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    I can hear it now...

Booker with the ball, cuts to the outside. He's hit! Ball is loose. Lamp picks it up and starts up field. RUN FORREST RUN!!!!!!!!
    LOL, love it!

Adam Breneman TE UMASS. Originally went to Penn State, but injuries caused him to retire. Had a change of heart, and posted a very good season at UMass. Big, athletic, and good hands.

I do to know if he is considered a sleeper or not, but Tyler Moton OT from Western Michigan can likely be had in the 3rd. He is from a small school, but is big and talented. He is one of the reasons they were undefeated.

Nazair Jones. Malik Jackson type body and explosiveness. If he test well might go late 2nd, if not then mid 3rd. Think he could easily supplant Gotsis right now in the rotation

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Adam Breneman TE UMASS. Originally went to Penn State, but injuries caused him to retire. Had a change of heart, and posted a very good season at UMass. Big, athletic, and good hands.
    Yeah production wise he's the best TE in the country, though the competition is a little suspect.

If Michigan CB Jourdan Lewis fell to us in the 2nd round, I would snatch him up so fast if I were Vance Joseph.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    If Michigan CB Jourdan Lewis fell to us in the 2nd round, I would snatch him up so fast if I were Vance Joseph.
    Do you have any measureables or scouting report on him?

I would prefer DT Carlos Watkins or some OL.

This is the issue with CB'S and WR'S in the past 2 or three drafts we've seen runs on them. So guys we'd expected to go in the 2nd or third wind up elevated into the first or second rounds...

Josh Augusta - NT - Missouri

5ft11 and 186 lbs.....no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    5ft11 and 186 lbs.....no thanks.
    Yeahhh. Cause our own 5'10 corner has been so bad for us. And our 5'11 corner in Roby hasn't been too shabby either no? 5'11 is about the average height of a corner btw. If you're more concerned about the weight. He can put some on in time. I'm not advocating for or against this player. Just don't agree with your reason for no.

In fact, in November. (Idk the final results) 6 out of the top 10 rated corners by PFF were 5'11 or shorter. So, I really don't understand your stance on a 5'11 corner.

Maybe it's my own height being short that I like to defend height of other people. Idk lol
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 01-13-2017 at 08:41 AM.

My Sleeper prospect is Jalen Hurd

Highlights video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FYyXc3N7hk

I think his general size/speed mix will remind us a lot of the type of RB we faced in Oakland and Atlanta. The combination of height (good to great for catching passes) and his running ability will go a long way for us. He also weighs 240lbs....his height is charted at 6ft4 to 6ft3.

My other Sleeper prospect is James Conner

Highlights: RB James Conner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muIydLIKvr8

similar size and build and offers our team an alternative to the general RB's we have in the mix now.
    Last edited by Rich_C; 01-13-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Yeahhh. Cause our own 5'10 corner has been so bad for us. And our 5'11 corner in Roby hasn't been too shabby either no? 5'11 is about the average height of a corner btw. If you're more concerned about the weight. He can put some on in time. I'm not advocating for or against this player. Just don't agree with your reason for no.

In fact, in November. (Idk the final results) 6 out of the top 10 rated corners by PFF were 5'11 or shorter. So, I really don't understand your stance on a 5'11 corner.

Maybe it's my own height being short that I like to defend height of other people. Idk lol
    Not only that but teams are starting to use smaller quicker receivers to create matchup problems for these bigger corners. The top receivers are no longer the big 6'3+ 220+ guys but the smaller explosive athletes. Gonna need those smaller corners that are fluid in their movements to keep up.

I dont watch too many other teams but I seem Richard Sherman get destroyed by ty Hilton and tayvon austin (QB was off target with the throws) because they were fast.