Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Stay loyal
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i'm not reading all that but what kills me is only 43% voted to keep the chargers, no matter how you or anyone else tries to spin it, that's 100% fact. IMO the chargers never had a chance to ever get a stadium built unless they went the padres route and went to the big dance the same year as the vote.

i'm not saying spanos or anyone else is innocent but to pretend like this was all a sham and the people of SD are innocent bystanders? that is a joke and a half.

there is a reason the chargers have struggled to get anything done in SD for the last 15 years and it isn't because that entire time spanos was just planning to move to LA.

if you believe that nonsense you have been had. here is the thing, i don't live in socal anymore, i live in a place where they actually support their teams and there is just a small amount of people that live here.

socal as a whole is garbage when it comes to sports and the people there do not support the teams unless they are winning, another well known fact.

many things factor into it and it all boils down to a large amount of people that live in SD just are not chargers fans or are not NFL fans. they are transplants from other parts of the country/world who already have affiliations to other teams or couldn't care less about football.

i mean, look at how embarrassing it was at charger home games last year? most of the chargers "fans" checked out in 2015 and before that. talk about an embarrassment?

oh but you want me to believe it's all spanos and the NFL's fault? it's spanos that botched the stadium initiative? do you people that live in SD think for yourselves? how many of you did i see claim that the NFL needs to build their own stadium? ive seen that opinion being stated constantly.

but here you are people of SD, not taking even a fraction of accountability for the chargers leaving even though the majority of people in SD said hell no to the chargers because they don't want to use any public money to help spanos and the chargers build a new stadium in SD for whatever reason.

you got gangster "hoteliers" directly in the mayors pocket, which is why he never endorsed the measure until the very end. you have a very corrupt local government there that absolutely had a hand in blocking measure C.

yet they are innocent in the hearts and minds of most of the SD chargers fans that are upset and upset they should be. they were let down by spanos sure, but also let down by their corrupt local government and a city that just couldn't get anything done to keep the chargers unless it was approved by the local gangsters that seem to run the town.

by the way, spanos cannot sell the team per league rules. you cannot sell a franchise within 15 years of relocation, but you knew that already didn't you?

oh well, at least we don't have to read idiotic threads made about a rookie melvin ingram being better than von miller anymore, that was god damn embarrassing as well. (sorry this is smack after all)
    Sorry if you aren't going to take the time to read something from someone who was on the inside I'm going to ignore the rest of your bull post. Spanos never wanted measure C to pass, Quit kidding yourself. 2 different people who were once members of the Chargers management team said it was just a front to get the league the go ahead to let them move. If it was so important to him why only appoint one person and refuse the help of countless other members of the community.

You seem more of a message board fan then a true fan willing to look at all the facts of the situation. Quite pathetic.
    Last edited by EddieMac; 01-16-2017 at 07:06 PM.

mark my words.....there is going to be a lot of buzz around those games at the stub hub stadium because it will have an in your face college like atmosphere. you will be very close to the players and you will not get that kind of atmosphere anywhere else in the NFL.

it would be a lot more of a joke if they played at the coliseum, kind of like how it was at the Q last season. but honestly, things can't get any worse than they are right now, it can only get better.....

if the chargers win the fans will come, just like anything else in LA or socal for that matter.
    The Chargers are going to be the third most popular NFL team in a two team city at a soccer stadium that they will probably have trouble filling. Carson is a pain in the ass to get to from anywhere but the South Bay, and watching an NFL game in that stadium is going to be weird. Not to mention since it was built on CSUDH's campus, they will be restricted to half capacity for Monday and Thursday night games, as well as more restrictive tailgating and booze rules etc. Sure, it'll be a novelty at first, but that's gunna wear quickly and its going to be a joke.

They would have been better off staying in SD, which they absolutely could have done, but chose not to.

I realize you're trying to be glass-is-half-full here but get real lol
    Last edited by kishzilla; 01-16-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
    Sorry if you aren't going to take the time to read something from someone who was on the inside I'm going to ignore the rest of your bull post. Spanos never wanted measure C to pass, Quit kidding yourself. 2 different people who were once members of the Chargers management team said it was just a front to get the league the go ahead to let them move. If it was so important to him why only appoint one person and refuse the help of countless other members of the community.

You seem more of a message board fan then a true fan willing to look at all the facts of the situation. Quite pathetic.
    well i did start reading it until the following part.

First and foremost, I owe a lot of long-time readers and followers an apology. Back when I covered stadium news for Bolts From The Blue, I was blinded in part by my desperation to keep the Chargers in San Diego.
    that is code for i contradicted myself and is nothing more than an opinion piece. besides, i don't disagree that dean did a poor job trying to promote this measure. he has always seemed like a shady dude that operates behind the shadows.

that does not however dismiss the absolute facts that i have posted already. SD said hell no to the chargers with only 43% of them saying yes to measure C. meanwhile the mayor had the "hoteliers" in his ear and he was too gutless to get behond the measure until it was way late in the game.

with many of the other local politicians being very vocal against the measure....yet that didn't have anything to do with measure C failing, did it?

these are not opinions, these are facts that cannot be denied yet you and so many others give them a free pass for whatever reason.

oh and you can attack me for being a message board fan and not a true fan but see where i live is where the best football fanbse in america resides and it has shaped me into an absolute loyal fan in which you will not and could not ever understand. that may sound arrogant but its the truth if you have lived in socal all your life and only know the sports mentality there which is to only support a team if they are winning.

had i never moved away from the town i grew up, i may have ended up like a fickle and whiny sports fan like so many of you. enjoy jumping on the raiders bandwagon like its no big deal like so many of you have been doing.

to me that's not a true fan, but i guess we all have our ideas what a true fan is.
    Last edited by baphamet; 01-16-2017 at 08:29 PM.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    The Chargers are going to be the third most popular NFL team in a two team city at a soccer stadium that they will probably have trouble filling. Carson is a pain in the ass to get to from anywhere but the South Bay, and watching an NFL game in that stadium is going to be weird. Not to mention since it was built on CSUDH's campus, they will be restricted to half capacity for Monday and Thursday night games, as well as more restrictive tailgating and booze rules etc. Sure, it'll be a novelty at first, but that's gunna wear quickly and its going to be a joke.

They would have been better off staying in SD, which they absolutely could have done, but chose not to.

I realize you're trying to be glass-is-half-full here but get real lol
    of course they would have been better off staying in SD as the SD chargers, that's the only part of your post i agree with. you are banking on the chargers continuing to win 4 or 5 games a year the next two years and if that happens yeah it will be ridiculous.

again, winning is all that will matter in LA, the rams fans in LA couldn't even stick around for a half season of losing, that history and established fanbase the rams had means nothing if you don't win.

if the chargers win it won't be hard to fill up a 27,000 seat stadium, especially when you have opposing teams fans in the mix. heck it wont be hard to fill it even if they don't win. you are just upset because what you predicted a few years ago didn't come true

the chargers would be morons to announce they were relocating to LA (not that they are not still morons of course!) and still play at the Q like you said they should do.

this isn't me being optimistic about the chargers team, which is another discussion all together. this is me being realistic about how it will be in a very intimate setting at stub hub.

fans of other teams are going to like it too because they will be so close to their team and all the action. like i said, mark my words and wait for the reactions from those games.

win or lose they are going to be fun games to go to and i'm going to make at least one trip to attend one before they move into stan's house.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Nobody in LA cares about the Chargers.....NOBODY!!!! Spanos is going to spend close to a billion dollars relocating to LA. If he truely wanted to stay in SD he would have. Look at all the articles that have been written on the relocation. Not one single
    Positive one yet you think it's SD's fault for it. You should do a little more research if you are going to get into a debate on this topic. You are only making yourself look silly blaming the citizens of San Diego instead of Spanos when everyone knows he's been wanting this all along.

The only thing we have left as fans here in SD is looking forward to watching it blow up in his face. He's now the laughing stock of the league and has already been booed so bad at a LA sporting event it's comical.

Quote Originally Posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
    Nobody in LA cares about the Chargers.....NOBODY!!!! Spanos is going to spend close to a billion dollars relocating to LA. If he truely wanted to stay in SD he would have. Look at all the articles that have been written on the relocation. Not one single
    Positive one yet you think it's SD's fault for it. You should do a little more research if you are going to get into a debate on this topic. You are only making yourself look silly blaming the citizens of San Diego instead of Spanos when everyone knows he's been wanting this all along.

The only thing we have left as fans here in SD is looking forward to watching it blow up in his face. He's now the laughing stock of the league and has already been booed so bad at a LA sporting event it's comical.
    a few points that i know you won't understand because you don't seem like a free thinking individual.

1. the local media is pissed they left too and was singing a much different tune before the election.

2. the local media of course are not going to blame their customers over the people that just basically fired them.

3. i am not just blaming the fans, i'm blaming the corrupt city officials that had their hand in it more than the fans (just my opinion) and i am also not saying dean spanos is innocent by any means.

4, lastly, i have my opinions on the matter that factor into this but its based on fact, not what some people in the local media say who are pissed because their job was to cover the SD chargers.

again, those same people were singing a much different tune before the election, now were they all wrong or are they biased?

this debate is pointless, i respect your decision to choose to put the blame squarely on the NFL and give the people of SD that said no and the local politicians that campaigned against measure C a free pass....that is your choice.

but again, i on the other hand like to think for myself.

of course they would have been better off staying in SD as the SD chargers, that's the only part of your post i agree with. you are banking on the chargers continuing to win 4 or 5 games a year the next two years and if that happens yeah it will be ridiculous.
    I'm not banking on anything. I don't care about "winning" this argument with you. lol

Even when the Chargers were winning, they weren't selling out the stadium routinely. Now all of the sudden they pack up, move away from their largest base of fans, and it's supposed to just magically get better. You're banking on reality giving way to your delusions.
    if the chargers win it won't be hard to fill up a 27,000 seat stadium, especially when you have opposing teams fans in the mix. heck it wont be hard to fill it even if they don't win. you are just upset because what you predicted a few years ago didn't come true
    You've gone full retard if you think I'm at all upset about whats happening to your LA Changers

this isn't me being optimistic about the chargers team, which is another discussion all together. this is me being realistic about how it will be in a very intimate setting at stub hub.
    You just said it was a forgone conclusion that the Changers continuing to be garbage wont happen. What could you possibly be basing that off of other than pure optimism? Do you read what you write?

win or lose they are going to be fun games to go to and i'm going to make at least one trip to attend one before they move into stan's house.
    It's your money. Waste it however you want

All I know is that the Chargers never won anyway. If your fans choose not to support the team cause it moved, at least you can now try to latch on to a new team that may actually win one day. No more false hope or holding on to losers until they are untraceable. No more getting your hopes up just to have your GM S*** the bed. Let them go lose in LA, and work on getting a new team. Losing in LA is just like losing in San Diego. And honestly stop calling it the owners fault. He took the best deal and that was not in SD. Maybe if you would have won a bowl or 2, you'd have been able to keep your team. It's just too bad it didn't happen right after LT walked away, as that was your last chance anyway.

Can you imagine being an LA resident? Waiting to get a team back, and when you do its the Rams n Chargers. I feel sorry for them not the people of SD, SD at least has a chance to find a new team actually even capable of winning one day.

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Can you imagine being an LA resident? Waiting to get a team back, and when you do its the Rams n Chargers. I feel sorry for them not the people of SD, SD at least has a chance to find a new team actually even capable of winning one day.
    Well they had both the LA Rams and the LA Raiders at one time and they refused to build new complexes.

Aleast the Raiders seemed pretty relevant at that time so there's no reason to feel sorry for them they had good teams yet they elected to treating them like crap.

I guess if any team is going to be treated like crap it should be the raturds though. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    I'm not banking on anything. I don't care about "winning" this argument with you. lol

Even when the Chargers were winning, they weren't selling out the stadium routinely. Now all of the sudden they pack up, move away from their largest base of fans, and it's supposed to just magically get better. You're banking on reality giving way to your delusions.
    you are straight up putting words in my mouth now. i'm not saying anything is going to get better than it was in SD when the chargers were winning. i'm saying if they win in LA then the fan support will come and if they continue to lose then yeah it will be ridiculous.

i have given you well thought out reasons for this along with examples which you have conveniently ignored.

no i am not banking on anything else beyond that and i am also talking about a 27,000 seat stadium for the next two years, not a 70,000 seat stadium.

You've gone full retard if you think I'm at all upset about whats happening to your LA Changers

You just said it was a forgone conclusion that the Changers continuing to be garbage wont happen. What could you possibly be basing that off of other than pure optimism? Do you read what you write?
    show me where i said anything close to that. i said IF they continue to win 4 or 5 games per year then yeah i agree it will be ridiculous. now why the hell would i say that if i thought it was a foregone conclusion? i think you are confused and just went full retard yourself.

It's your money. Waste it however you want
    LOL talk to me in a year from now after some of your donko brethren have been to the game in carson and are talking about how epic it was, win or lose.

kish, the one time i am not talking about wins and losses at all except to a hypothetical capacity and you can't even figure it out. if you win in LA the fan support will come yes, that does not automatically mean they will be capable of selling out the new Inglewood stadium and i never implied it either.

i was strictly talking about a 27,000 seat stub hub stadium and if you honestly think that if the chargers (keyword being "if" since i need to point that out to you apparently) the chargers have success and especially more success than the rams, there will be no issues selling out a 27,000 seat stadium, especially when you consider rival fans buying tickets as well.

a sold out stub hub stadium will be electric and very close to the field and players, even if it were mostly rival fans and yes that could happen as well.

it's not brain surgery kish but feel free to come talk to me a year from now and we will see who is correct. by the way, why are you debating me if you do not care? it's clear this subject isn't your strong suit, perhaps you should just keep your mouth shut about things you clearly know very little about?

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    don't feel sorry for LA, they are getting 3 teams there. when the raiders move to vegas, that will be an easy 4 hour drive to home games with a 9th home game in LA. chiefs fans where i live do that every year.

i honestly think the raiders moving to vegas is more of a threat to the rams than the chargers moving to LA because the raiders have a bigger fanbase and are good right now.

by the way, with two teams in LA and a third in vegas which will also pull a lot of fans from LA and socal, do you honestly believe that SD will be awarded another team?

that will be like having 4 teams in socal, i don't think that will ever happen unless it was actually the chargers that moved back because that would be the only team not directly tied to a brand new stadium.

i don't see it.

Even if the Broncos were to move to another city I'd still be a fan...silly reason to toss your fanhood aside, but chargers fans have always been a fickle fairweather group.

this is what chargers home games will look like for the next two years, if they are good. if they are not then you can just Photoshop other teams colors in the crowd.

i can't wait to check it out hopefully next season.