Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Jury is still out on janovich and heuerman due to injuries.

In terms of met or exceeded expectations only paradis and simien could be thrown into the category. I would say Ronnie Hillman but didn't we draft him before lamar miller when it was common knowledge miller was the better of the two?

No team expects to hit on everypick but of all of out offensive picks under elway the only two that have met or exceeded expectations are a 6th and 7th round pick. That's bad.
    There's certainly room for improvement, but when you start saying "they could've drafted....", you can say that with every team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    There's certainly room for improvement, but when you start saying "they could've drafted....", you can say that with every team in the league.
    I agree but there are only certain players where I remember the conversation being "we should have gotten ____ over ____" at the very moment the player was taken and that was one of them. All the others I never heard people really complain after. Nobody complained we took royal over Jackson Williams over wilfork DT over dez. But I specifically remember most of us in shock over taking Hillman wth miller on the board.

I have to admit that I'm looking forward to seeing what McCoy does with Anderson and Sanders....Breakout season for Sunshine?

Jury is still out on janovich and heuerman due to injuries.

. That's bad.
    Disagree absolutely on Janovich.
    The jury is IN.. and he is a solid contributor.
    Played through a broken hand...
    and will recover from the season ending injury....
    I have not heard a single comment about him
    being anything but stellar at FB and Special Teams.
    -
    Huerman... lol.. no argument there....
    AJ Derby is likely to keep Huerman from emerging.
    Huerman is going into 3rd season with bare minimum contributions.
    -
    I would not bet a dime on Huerman...
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

I think it's funny how people act as if Trevor won't be learning from this same coaching staff. Give Trevor protection and a decent rushing attack that can at least pick up 3rd&1 and watch Trevor look like a Pro Bowl QB.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    I think it's funny how people act as if Trevor won't be learning from this same coaching staff. Give Trevor protection and a decent rushing attack that can at least pick up 3rd&1 and watch Trevor look like a Pro Bowl QB.
    so...top 5 QB?

TS is hard to judge. How many first year starters had an OL like ours and zero running game, putting the offense on their shoulders ?

Look at Dak P....... he had it easy, handing it off to Zeke and having all day to throw looking at 3rd and 4th reads going across the middle.

DAk played well, but he had everything in place to help him
    Succeed.

Same with Brady.... Tom's stats are identical to Dalton (their first 6 seasons) but Tom had top ranked defense and a HOF head coach.

Starting career off on the right foot really helps to give a guy confidence.

I think TS played incredibly well given where he came from and what he was tasked to do.... Lynch was known to be a little project. Both have the ability to be
    Franchise type QBs, maybe not a Brady but certainly a top-15 calliber QB.... but they need proper coaching and OL to help them.

In terms of met or exceeded expectations only paradis and simien could be thrown into the category.
    No Julius Thomas? 4th-round pick, scored 24 touchdowns in 2 seasons. Was a huge part of Manning's record-breaking offense. We've been missing that receiving TE presence ever since he left.

And Orlando Franklin may not have exceeded expectations, but he's certainly met the expectations. 89 games in the NFL, all as a starter.

Their production turned them into expensive free agents. Keeping the 2011 and 2012 draft classes while managing the salary cap was a challenge for Elway. The same won't happen this offseason because the 2013 draft was a disaster.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    No Julius Thomas? 4th-round pick, scored 24 touchdowns in 2 seasons. Was a huge part of Manning's record-breaking offense. We've been missing that receiving TE presence ever since he left.

And Orlando Franklin may not have exceeded expectations, but he's certainly met the expectations. 89 games in the NFL, all as a starter.

Their production turned them into expensive free agents. Keeping the 2011 and 2012 draft classes while managing the salary cap was a challenge for Elway. The same won't happen this offseason because the 2013 draft was a disaster.
    I cant believe I forgot 2011.

So since 2011, 21 picks have been invested in offense and out of that we have gotten 5 players who we can say have met or exceeded expectations(simien paradis Thomas Franklin janovich) Really only 3 maybe you can convince me 4 where we can say the jury is still out (huerman McGovern lynch) And all the rest seem to be on the path to or have already arrived to bustville.

On defense I have no complaints we make out pretty good but offensively poor drafting is probably why we are where we are.

I cant believe I forgot 2011.

So since 2011, 21 picks have been invested in offense and out of that we have gotten 5 players who we can say have met or exceeded expectations(simien paradis Thomas Franklin janovich) Really only 3 maybe you can convince me 4 where we can say the jury is still out (huerman McGovern lynch) And all the rest seem to be on the path to or have already arrived to bustville.

On defense I have no complaints we make out pretty good but offensively poor drafting is probably why we are where we are.
    Schofield has started every game for 2 years and was significantly better this year than last. I would say he's not a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Schofield has started every game for 2 years and was significantly better this year than last. I would say he's not a bust.
    Do you think he would start on any other team?

Do you think he would start on any other team?
    Yes. He'd start on lots of teams. He was Denver's second best lineman this year. I think there's a chance he's starting at Left Tackle next season.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    TS is hard to judge. How many first year starters had an OL like ours and zero running game, putting the offense on their shoulders ?

Look at Dak P....... he had it easy, handing it off to Zeke and having all day to throw looking at 3rd and 4th reads going across the middle.
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    DAk played well, but he had everything in place to help him
    Succeed.

Same with Brady.... Tom's stats are identical to Dalton (their first 6 seasons) but Tom had top ranked defense and a HOF head coach.

Starting career off on the right foot really helps to give a guy confidence.

I think TS played incredibly well given where he came from and what he was tasked to do.... Lynch was known to be a little project. Both have the ability to be
    Franchise type QBs, maybe not a Brady but certainly a top-15 calliber QB.... but they need proper coaching and OL to help them.
    Dak's success was not all due to the Oline and I hate hearing that...well he had a great Oline. So what? He also played great, even under pressure. Maybe he wouldn't have looked quite as good behind our Oline but he sure would have looked better than what our QBs showed.

...and really?...incredibly well????

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Dak's success was not all due to the Oline and I hate hearing that...well he had a great Oline. So what? He also played great, even under pressure. Maybe he wouldn't have looked quite as good behind our Oline but he sure would have looked better than what our QBs showed.

...and really?...incredibly well????
    I disagree somewhat. Because of the o-line and the run game the Cowboys were able to bring Prescott along slowly, early in the season they gave him very easy reads and didn't make him take a lot of risks, or make tough decisions. As the year went along they were able to increase what they asked him to do and he continued to grow, and get better.

In Denver he wouldn't have been able to have that same progression and patience. Plus you never know how a player will play in a different system with different coaching. So saying he'd be good or bad in Denver is a wasted exercise.

Agreed that I don't think Siemian played incredibly well, I think he did okay given the circumstances, but didn't prove anything other than he still has a lot of work to do.