Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

McCoy OC, Musgrave QB coach

Just saw this on CBS sports. It appears we will land both McCoy and Musgrave. I can't post a link unfortunately. It's showing up on my mobile app but not on their regular website. The article said it could be announced as soon as tonight.

Link just came up
    http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report...coach-50526815

I"m cautiously optimistic about these hires. We know McCoy can change on the fly and isn't boxed in by any one scheme. Musgrave has done a good job of helping Carr succeed. If they can pull this off, our offense could be dynamic next year.

I am curious who the other coaches let go might be.
    Last edited by spcdlee02; 01-13-2017 at 02:06 PM.

Looks like Mike Klis was reporting the "finalizing" of the deals? Seems like we have a pretty good thing going on the offensive side. Carr had a fantastic year last year before the injury. I'm optimistic about the QB situation as well as the offense moving forward with the recent changes in coaching.

Great to hear!! We do not have untalented QB's, just inexperienced. If they can teach them to read defenses before and during plays better both QB's have a bright future.

Wow, I hope we sign Toub for special teams coordinator. That would be so awesome to nab coaches from each AFCW rival

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoth View Post
    Looks like Mike Klis was reporting the "finalizing" of the deals? Seems like we have a pretty good thing going on the offensive side. Carr had a fantastic year last year before the injury. I'm optimistic about the QB situation as well as the offense moving forward with the recent changes in coaching.
    I agree we have a pretty good thing. It could be a great thing. No matter how you look at it though, its got to be an improvement over last year.

Woooooooooow! Schefter was saying this would be the best possible solution earlier this week, but no way it was going to happen. This is really an insanely good situation for the Broncos. I went from very questionable about the VJ hire to being extremely fired up about what's to come!

Musgrave is interesting. Carr was clearly a talented QB coming out of college but Musgrave really helped him establish him as a genuine starter this year. Siemian / Lynch might really develop under him, especially working in a more QB favorable offense that is simpler than what we attempted under Kubiak

Elway just got McCoy and Musgrave, the 2 hottest offensive minds and convinced them to come fix offense and groom our young QBs.

Doesn't hurt either taking SD's head coach and OAK's offensive coordinator. They'll bring invaluable intel on DIV rivals.

Also love fitting system to player rather than forcing player into a system.

Joseph said specifically the offense would be made to make the competition between TS and fairer. This means they'll look to play to their strengths...

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNTemecula View Post
    Wow, I hope we sign Toub for special teams coordinator. That would be so awesome to nab coaches from each AFCW rival
    I wouldn't call it a 'nab' in McCoy & Musgrave's cases considering they were both fired from their former jobs.

But Toub would be a 'nab' if (1) KC allows him to leave since he's under contract there, and if so, (2) if he chooses to leave KC for a lateral move.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 01-13-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

I guess my question now is, and correct me if there is one, who coaches our OL so that these new hires don't need to carry 4 QB's for emergency missed blocks? One more question Why would the Raiders fire an offensive coordinator when they had their most productive offense for over a decade?

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    I guess my question now is, and correct me if there is one, who coaches our OL so that these new hires don't need to carry 4 QB's for emergency missed blocks? One more question Why would the Raiders fire an offensive coordinator when they had their most productive offense for over a decade?
    He was not necessarily fired, teams wanted to interview their QB coach for OC position and they didn't want to lose him so they promoted him to OC forcing Musgrave out.

Musgrave wasn't fired. His contract just wasn't extended. Very similar to the Wade situation.

The talking heads are calling this brilliant maneuvering. Basically getting two OC's so if one goes, the other is there.

I am starting to like this....
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Getting two coaches from two teams in our division is also a bonus. I'm sure they will help exploit the weaknesses of our rivals.