Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Philip Rivers anyone?

OK since there's so much speculation about Tony (Im made of glass) Romo coming to Denver,I thought it would be a fun idea to speculate on the possibility of Philip Rivers been traded to the Denver Broncos?

Now before anyone goes crazy saying "we can't afford him why would we ever do that" perhaps Philip Rivers would be willing to restructure his contract in order to come to Denver and play for John Elway and Mike McCoy.

It is widely known that Philip Rivers does not want to make the move to LA nor does he want to remain with the franchise that is giving him absolutely no shot at football heaven meaning the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Is there even the slightest possibility that Philip Rivers could be traded to the Denver Broncos for the 2017 season?

It's being speculated right now 1043 The Fan in case anybody's interested.
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

Rivers could never play for the Broncos and now that the Chargers moved, the fan base is really upset, if you lose Rivers now there will be no fan base left.
    BCMB Div 1 - Rollin' with Mahomies

Rivers has changed his stance on LA from what we heard nearly three years ago. No way this happens. No way the Chargers trade an elite QB to a division rival that would immediately put them back in the Super Bowl conversation.

My guess is we move forward with Lynch and a veteran back up. I hope Trevor is still in the picture, but it would not surprise me in the least if we move on from him.

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    Rivers could never play for the Broncos and now that the Chargers moved, the fan base is really upset, if you lose Rivers now there will be no fan base left.
    Come on that is not a realistic response and nobody cares about that.

If any owner or general manager gave a damn about with the fan be base thinks The league would've failed a long time ago. I mean we just lost weight Phillips to the LA Rams he don't care what we think. LOL

The Chargers are about to have a fire sale. seriously they are about to have a fire sale and Philip Rivers is most likely going to spark a bidding war in the very near future here.

LOL I would've thought you would've came up with something better like Philip Rivers would never play in Denver because Derek Wolfe threatened to eat his children. But come on man nobody cares about the Fanbases opinion and that Fanbase wouldn't build the team a new stadium so they dropped them like a bad habit. They don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    I don't think the folks in San Diego are the future fan base for this team. I wrote in another thread that when we lost our NHL team to Phoenix, most of us did not become Arizona fans.

Rivers>Romo
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

i would love for this to happen but I doubt it would. Taking on his contract which I would assume would be near 20 million. Doesn't leave us a whole lot of room for oline and dline fixes. However, one thing rivers does great at that sieman doesnt, is release the ball quickly. This would make any oline look a little better than it actually is.

Why not give a 1st this year( weak draft imo) and some other later pick for rivers ? Maybe I'm under valuing him ?

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    i would love for this to happen but I doubt it would. Taking on his contract which I would assume would be near 20 million. Doesn't leave us a whole lot of room for oline and dline fixes. However, one thing rivers does great at that sieman doesnt, is release the ball quickly. This would make any oline look a little better than it actually is.

Why not give a 1st this year( weak draft imo) and some other later pick for rivers ? Maybe I'm under valuing him ?
    How about the first rounder and Trevor Siemian? But anyway Rivers I think would restructure his contract to a great degree if a mini to come play here for John Elway.

Absolutely!!
    Bring him to Denver!!!
    PFR!!!!

Siemian and a 2nd to the Chargers for Rivers-- it'll happen.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Overrated QB, he's no longer even in the top half of starters. He's a guy who will look good in a loss, but when he gets the ball down one score in the 4th, he's going to turn the ball over.

He's turned the ball over 74 times during Mike McCoy's 4 seasons with the Chargers.

With all those kids I dont see him restricting anytime soon. But really I dont see him chasing a ring. Ben got one before him Eli got one before him even the guy they shipped out of town in favor of him got one before him. If he wins one with us it probably wouldn't be the same to him as it would have been getting one with the chargers.

If we didn't have to give up any major assets and he were willing to restructure then absolutely. He is head and shoulders twice the QB than anyone we have right now.

Same questions apply to Rivers as Romo..

What are you willing to give up to trade for him? Would a Siemian (or Lynch) and a 2nd be enough? Too much?

He is under contract for the next 3 years. $20M, $21M and $22M. At 35 years old how much longer of a contract are you giving him to restructure? Or is he tearing up his contract and taking how much less per year?

$20M in cap space this year is potentially the OT, OG and DT most have been clamoring for in free agency. And draft is diminished another quality rookie with the loss of an early pick to acquire Rivers.

Not feeling this move. Stick with the young QBs, the minimal contracts the are getting paid and trust in the OC and system would be my preference.

Look at who he has to throw to? No one! He basically has to carry the team. Now imagine him having two pro bowl type wr! Insane