Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    OK since there's so much speculation about Tony (Im made of glass) Romo coming to Denver,I thought it would be a fun idea to speculate on the possibility of Philip Rivers been traded to the Denver Broncos?

Now before anyone goes crazy saying "we can't afford him why would we ever do that" perhaps Philip Rivers would be willing to restructure his contract in order to come to Denver and play for John Elway and Mike McCoy.

It is widely known that Philip Rivers does not want to make the move to LA nor does he want to remain with the franchise that is giving him absolutely no shot at football heaven meaning the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Is there even the slightest possibility that Philip Rivers could be traded to the Denver Broncos for the 2017 season?

It's being speculated right now 1043 The Fan in case anybody's interested.
    Chargers fan here, living in San Diego. I heard a radio interview with Philip today. While he would have liked to have stayed in San Diego, and thanked the fans for all of their support over the years, he said that he is determined to go to LA and "give them everything he's got." I don't get the sense that he has any intention of leaving. He will most likely retire a Charger (hopefully with a Super Bowl ring.)

As much as I would love this scenario over Romo, I just don't see it ever happening with a division rival.

Our offense would be dangerous with him. He is a leader and one of the most competitive guys out there. He just needs protection.

No thanks I prefer Trevor

Rivers saying he didn't want to play in LA and all that was just him pushing for a bigger contract which he got. Plus he has a no-trade clause, he ain't going nowhere

5 years ago we lucked into Peyton Manning, it's not going to happen again that a veteran QB will magically fall into our laps and fix all the QB issues.

It was 13 years between Elway and Manning, as much as the fans here hate it, we will likely be sticking with the young QBs we have for awhile.

Prefer to go with the competition between Trevor and Paxton. Use the cap space to address needs on offensive/defensive line.

I would not be surprised by Elway making a move for a QB but think we'll go with our young guys.

He could very well have a career year with this team. Two pro bowl caliber receivers. He could probably get the most out of our tight ends. Sunshine would get alot more targets his way and make more plays. Peyton was 37 when he had the best season of his career so why not?

Phillip Rivers coming to this team would make me fairly optimistic for 2017.
    I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    OK since there's so much speculation about Tony (Im made of glass) Romo coming to Denver,I thought it would be a fun idea to speculate on the possibility of Philip Rivers been traded to the Denver Broncos?

Now before anyone goes crazy saying "we can't afford him why would we ever do that" perhaps Philip Rivers would be willing to restructure his contract in order to come to Denver and play for John Elway and Mike McCoy.

It is widely known that Philip Rivers does not want to make the move to LA nor does he want to remain with the franchise that is giving him absolutely no shot at football heaven meaning the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Is there even the slightest possibility that Philip Rivers could be traded to the Denver Broncos for the 2017 season?

It's being speculated right now 1043 The Fan in case anybody's interested.
    Siemian is cheaper, decent with room to grow, with a lot more miles left

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    Rivers has changed his stance on LA from what we heard nearly three years ago. No way this happens. No way the Chargers trade an elite QB to a division rival that would immediately put them back in the Super Bowl conversation.

My guess is we move forward with Lynch and a veteran back up. I hope Trevor is still in the picture, but it would not surprise me in the least if we move on from him.
    Why would we move on from a second year, serviceable QB who costs us effectively nothing over the next 2 seasons?

This sounds more like a personal bias than a legitimate belief.

Adopted by: Andrewmlb
    Sig by: MHS

I guess I'm strange. I like to root for the players on my team and against the players on other teams, especially division rivals.

I have thought about this long and hard. I honeetly don't think I could root for Phyliss. It would be too hard I think.

No thanks:
    1. Don't want the salary
    2. Don't want to be stuck with an old qb again
    3. Don't want Siemien and Lynch to not develop.

As another poster stated, Rivers went on record saying he would play hard for LA and give it all he had. So unless the Chargers have an aneurysm and decide to trade Rivers, their literally only good player, he's going to stay in a disgusting yellow and blue outfit.

Also, it's never going to happen. His contract is something ridiculous like 20million against the cap, and the Chargers aren't going to want to give him up to a division rival.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 01-14-2017 at 08:35 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

The first big hurdle is that he has a no-trade clause in his contract + He mentioned on a recent radio interview that He was a Charger for life.