Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 94
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,544
    The biggest things that I see separating Siemian and Lynch are mental and mechanics, both in Siemian's favor. Neither has a full grasp of the starting role so experience is an edge. Though I'd give the nod to Siemian with mechanics, both have a ways to go to improve their footwork.

    Those issues can be worked on in the off season and I hope, after a bit of a rest, they do. Since Kubiak and Dennison are both gone, Lynch has a good opportunity to assert himself. It's neither QBs job at this moment and competition is a good thing.

    Whatever role they play with the team next season they will be here. Their contracts are very team friendly and they are young enough to risk any potential upside each posses. Regardless, another camp body or two will be needed for TC so nobody is going anywhere just yet.

    As for Meck. Yes and no. I think Siemian has more upside than people allow for but his issue is the time to develop. I agree that he should be farther along then we saw at the end of the season, he's making similar mistakes he did at the beginning. Some of that should be attributed to the OL being so porous and it's effect on a QB, especially a young one, yet, Siemian needs to shoulder some of the responsibility too. That is really where the mental part of the game, supposedly one of his strengths, should compensate. It didn't.

    Going in to camp as a non guaranteed starter might be good for him because it will test how much he wants the job.
    Last edited by Rastic; 01-16-2017 at 07:06 AM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    269
    I love Karl Mecklenburg always have. He really stated as some said He believes Elway invested a lot into Lynch and thinks that Paxton will be given every opportunity possible to win that job. Several football analysts and coaches have said Paxton Lynch has the skills to be successful in this league. Paxton didn't look great against the Atlanta Falcons, who by the way are in the NFC Championship. Russel Wilson wasn't awesome against them either. Our OL, well I don't need to explain there. I have no problem with Trevor if with this set of coaches he wins the starter job. I just think Lynch, if he improves the mental game, is more of the game changer we will need to get back to championship games.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    18,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    This. Those that are saying Siemian doesn't have it don't seem to understand how truly awful our oline was last year. He may have been slightly conservative with the ball, but he still threw plenty of good passes, almost all of them under pressure. The pocket was non existent this season, and instead of forcing throws into tight coverage he made really good decisions with the ball. That, and he never threw his line under the bus, called anyone else out or got frustrated on the sidelines or with the press. He's cool under pressure and mentally tough enough to keep it together when things fall apart. He almost singlehandedly kept us in the KC game in Denver, and had some other games where he looked really good when he had time to throw (Colts, Bengals games).
    Not even close to accurate. Yes the Oline was bad...but not always. On many plays he had plenty of time and lots of protection and still couldn't execute. Those are the plays that make me question his future......good protection, wide open WR on short routes on 3rd and short and still 3 and out.....


    CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cleveland,Ohio
    Posts
    3,087
    I don't understand this fixation of wanting Lynch become the starting quarterback,he's proven that he's not ready to be the starter and yet people would rather throw Siemian under the bus to prove their point.

    I'm not saying Siemian played great,especially after that second Kansas City game,but some of yall act like he was Mark Sanchez when he wasn't...Not only,did Sieminan played good for most of the season despite having a horrible line,he played well while playing his first full season as the starter and yet in every article and thread people want to ignore all that and want Lynch to be the starter.

    Both quarterbacks are young and need work this offseason,I wish people stop having this fixation of wanting Lynch become the starting quarterback when both him and Siemian has to learn a new playbook.

    What are some of yall going to do,if Siemian plays well and Lynch doesn't in the preseason...
    2016 Adopted Bronco-TJ Ward

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    The biggest things that I see separating Siemian and Lynch are mental and mechanics, both in Siemian's favor. Neither has a full grasp of the starting role so experience is an edge. Though I'd give the nod to Siemian with mechanics, both have a ways to go to improve their footwork.

    Those issues can be worked on in the off season and I hope, after a bit of a rest, they do. Since Kubiak and Dennison are both gone, Lynch has a good opportunity to assert himself. It's neither QBs job at this moment and competition is a good thing.

    Whatever role they play with the team next season they will be here. Their contracts are very team friendly and they are young enough to risk any potential upside each posses. Regardless, another camp body or two will be needed for TC so nobody is going anywhere just yet.

    As for Meck. Yes and no. I think Siemian has more upside than people allow for but his issue is the time to develop. I agree that he should be farther along then we saw at the end of the season, he's making similar mistakes he did at the beginning. Some of that should be attributed to the OL being so porous and it's effect on a QB, especially a young one, yet, Siemian needs to shoulder some of the responsibility too. That is really where the mental part of the game, supposedly one of his strengths, should compensate. It didn't.

    Going in to camp as a non guaranteed starter might be good for him because it will test how much he wants the job.
    It would not let me CP you for this post....that said I thought you should know I tried. Pretty much nailed it on all accounts. My only addition is the reps Trevor had with the starters. He had far more reps with the starters than Lynch did and for the most part, objectively speaking, there was not a real visible gap of comfort between the two QB's. Additional timing didn't seem to be there for Trevor vs Lynch. Perhaps the only exception to that was the deep ball. Another big difference between this season and last was that Trevor has the benefit of working with Peyton. Paxton has really not had any true veteran leadership at the QB position ie. a veteran player to lean on.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Really no idea why so many here are so sold on Siemian. I was pulling for him just like everyone else and even claimed he should be the starter during this past TC. However, he does not look like he has the skills to be a true NFL long term starter. He made plays here and there but so did a QB who will not be named. The longer the season went on, the more apparent it became to me. IMO, Siemian will NOT be the QB next season and very well may not be on the team. yes, i understand that would create another opening that needs filling but if they decide to go with paxton, Siemain may be cut just to give him piece of mind.
    There's nothing wrong with Trevor's skillset at all. He has above average athleticism and arm strength, brains, and a quick release. You have to consider he played behind one of the worst O-lines in the league. He also had no reliable RB, TE, or 3rd WR. It was basically just DT and Sanders. If you look at his overall numbers he actually had a decent year, comparable to Cam Newton, Ryan Tannehill, and Alex Smith. He also outperformed prized rookie Carson Wentz. I think if we provided him a decent O-line and maybe another weapon or two he could be a very good QB. Unless Elway acquires a veteran like Romo or Rivers, or unless Lynch makes a quantum leap, Siemian has an excellent chance to start next year.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    18,004
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin216 View Post
    I don't understand this fixation of wanting Lynch become the starting quarterback,he's proven that he's not ready to be the starter and yet people would rather throw Siemian under the bus to prove their point.

    I'm not saying Siemian played great,especially after that second Kansas City game,but some of yall act like he was Mark Sanchez when he wasn't...Not only,did Sieminan played good for most of the season despite having a horrible line,he played well while playing his first full season as the starter and yet in every article and thread people want to ignore all that and want Lynch to be the starter.

    Both quarterbacks are young and need work this offseason,I wish people stop having this fixation of wanting Lynch become the starting quarterback when both him and Siemian has to learn a new playbook.

    What are some of yall going to do,if Siemian plays well and Lynch doesn't in the preseason...
    well.....that isn't exactly accurate, at least imo.


    CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    18,004
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Trevor's skillset at all. He has above average athleticism and arm strength, brains, and a quick release. You have to consider he played behind one of the worst O-lines in the league. He also had no reliable RB, TE, or 3rd WR. It was basically just DT and Sanders. If you look at his overall numbers he actually had a decent year, comparable to Cam Newton, Ryan Tannehill, and Alex Smith. He also outperformed prized rookie Carson Wentz. I think if we provided him a decent O-line and maybe another weapon or two he could be a very good QB. Unless Elway acquires a veteran like Romo or Rivers, or unless Lynch makes a quantum leap, Siemian has an excellent chance to start next year.
    we will have to agree to disagree


    CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,317
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Not even close to accurate. Yes the Oline was bad...but not always. On many plays he had plenty of time and lots of protection and still couldn't execute. Those are the plays that make me question his future......good protection, wide open WR on short routes on 3rd and short and still 3 and out.....
    These are also the types of lays which many on here are scratching their heads at. The other thing is that they were happening more than once or twice a game. So it is one thing to make a mistake or two a game but he kept making the very same mistakes in multiple games. As I praised Rastic for pointing out Trevor's strength according to Kubiak was his mental ability to process information and do so without getting frazzled. So missing one or two of those are fine but to do so with relative consistency....it is an issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by assassin216 View Post
    I don't understand this fixation of wanting Lynch become the starting quarterback,he's proven that he's not ready to be the starter and yet people would rather throw Siemian under the bus to prove their point.

    I'm not saying Siemian played great,especially after that second Kansas City game,but some of yall act like he was Mark Sanchez when he wasn't...Not only,did Sieminan played good for most of the season despite having a horrible line,he played well while playing his first full season as the starter and yet in every article and thread people want to ignore all that and want Lynch to be the starter.

    Both quarterbacks are young and need work this offseason,I wish people stop having this fixation of wanting Lynch become the starting quarterback when both him and Siemian has to learn a new playbook.

    What are some of yall going to do,if Siemian plays well and Lynch doesn't in the preseason...
    If Lynch doesn't play well and Trevor does then it will be quite clear who the starter will be. The thing which needs to be factored into the decision process as well is the ceiling of the player. Trevor struggled mightily to break his footwork and drop-back habits. Lynch had little ot few reps with thje starters this season and had a playbook which was limited for him. With a different system and less moving pieces I wonder if Lynch's issues begin to simply fade away and we start seeing real marked progress. Since overall statistically (all-be-it a small sample size for Lynch) their relative stats were close or identical why not go with the 2nd year guy who could take a much bigger leap forward.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    we will have to agree to disagree
    What points do you disagree with?

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    18,004
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    What points do you disagree with?
    he could be a very good QB


    CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    Lynch really didn't play much so saying Trevor had times where he looked good and Paxton didn't isn't fair, and he played very well against the bucs
    Yeah, I understand that, just trying to be fair to both sides here. Trevor has shown it, Paxton needs to show it, potential mostly means you haven't done it yet.

    I hope and believe Lynch will take that next step, because we need him too. I do not believe Trevor is much more than an awesome backup type.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    7,142
    My biggest concern with Simian is that he didn't really progress from week one to week seventeen. His best stretch was weeks one through three. After that he was wildly inconsistent. He exceeded expectations as a 1st year starter, but expectations weren't exactly high. Given his sample size you would hope the arrow would be trending upward, but I am worried we have already seen his ceiling.

    If his ego can take it he could have a long career as a back up QB, but I think it is pretty clear he isn't more than a spot starter.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    I love Karl Mecklenburg always have. He really stated as some said He believes Elway invested a lot into Lynch and thinks that Paxton will be given every opportunity possible to win that job. Several football analysts and coaches have said Paxton Lynch has the skills to be successful in this league. Paxton didn't look great against the Atlanta Falcons, who by the way are in the NFC Championship. Russel Wilson wasn't awesome against them either. Our OL, well I don't need to explain there. I have no problem with Trevor if with this set of coaches he wins the starter job. I just think Lynch, if he improves the mental game, is more of the game changer we will need to get back to championship games.
    We saw the same things, it also has me concerned. His pocket awareness wasn't great either, combined with adjustments not being made prior to the snap, it didn't help our already bad oline.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,269
    I think Meck knows of what he speaks of.

    Last year is over. It was interesting and a bit of an experiment on O. Overall, we did not deliver. Still finished 9 and 7, so this team was better than many others.

    I could be wrong (and sorry if I repeat some of the others), but when Elway is concerned about a situation, and especially a QB situation, he seems driven. Like he was when he went after Manning. The fact that he spent a 1st round pick on a young QB tells me he is going to give that player plenty of opportunity to prove himself. He is not going to resign himself to the fact that Trevor did ok, and that he's our future.

    I thought Paxton was fine in his first game action. Not so much in his second game, but hey, he's a rookie! Give him an offseason to filter things out and work on mechanics, etc. and expect some degree of progress. He has an arm, he can run, and he was our 1st round pick!

    But just as Elway is a bull when it comes to his QBs, I do not doubt he will make a move on a vet. Not saying Romo, but some one. I think he wants more competition, and he also wants a mentor.

    Should be interesting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •