Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I'm not really positive if you are refusing to give Elway any credit in this or not.

But again I can't tell from your post if you are cutting him slack or blaming him. So I apologize if I'm making arguments for no reason.

Apology accepted.
    -
    I don't post with innuendo or anger.
    I say what I mean to say... with malice towards none.
    -
    Just seldom post here any longer..
    there is little upside to engaging the angry ones.
    -
    Serenity now.
    Peace, Love and Understanding.
    Go Broncos.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

We know Elway's goal is to push for Lynch to start. Based on this article it looks as if the "open competition" will be in OTAs and minicamp.

http://www.9news.com/mb/amp/sports/n...rter/388647271

"According to league sources, the Broncos’ brass hope to determine during the organized team activities (OTAs) and minicamp this offseason if Lynch is ready to become their starting quarterback in 2017."

This doesn't sound much like an open competition - more like Lynch will be the starter unless he looks far behind Siemian in OTAs and minicamp.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    We know Elway's goal is to push for Lynch to start. Based on this article it looks as if the "open competition" will be in OTAs and minicamp.

"According to league sources, the Broncos’ brass hope to determine during the organized team activities (OTAs) and minicamp this offseason if Lynch is ready to become their starting quarterback in 2017."

This doesn't sound much like an open competition - more like Lynch will be the starter unless he looks far behind Siemian in OTAs and minicamp.

long ways away still...

I feel like it reads exactly how it says. As one would expect for Lynch coming in to year two.

I believe if Siemian is still head and shoulders above Lynch he will be the 2017 starter and they will not force it.

However we have to realize than when you take a player first round you have invested a lot in that player. It would be a little bit of an embarrassment if he is still not ready to start in year two. This isn't a situation where he can sit and learn from a hall of famer like Aaron Rodgers.

We drafted Lynch to be ready to start.

I'm not worried about Elway/Joseph starting the right guy. I'm more worried that if Lynch isn't ready by September then does it mean we made a big mistake?

This is not an open competition. Elway saw some of himself in Lynch and hand picked him in last years draft. He wants him to start now. The offensive philosophy of VJ spoke of and the hires of McCoy and Musgrave are clear indicators of that. Unless Lynch is so horrendously bad in OTAs, minicamp, and preseason, he will be starting Week 1.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Trevor had his opportunity and we saw what he can do. Now it's time to see what Paxton has.
    I think its a great idea to play Paxton.

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    This is not an open competition. Elway saw some of himself in Lynch and hand picked him in last years draft. He wants him to start now. The offensive philosophy of VJ spoke of and the hires of McCoy and Musgrave are clear indicators of that. Unless Lynch is so horrendously bad in OTAs, minicamp, and preseason, he will be starting Week 1.
    Well then the pirate better mature really fast!

Don't think you are reading too much into it at all. Reasonable expectations IMO.

Siemian played better then expected by most. He won and kept the job when the QB fiasco at the beginning of the season could have buried the team. Siemian was able to competently run the Kubiak system. He did all that was asked of him. Arguably more, in fact.

But Lynch is expected to step up next year. Even the OC and QB coach hirings indicate that Lynch is being prepared to take the job. The offence is likely to make better use of Lynch's skillset instead of what we saw this year. Lynch has to win the job though. There should be nothing handed to him. I love the concept of "open competition" between the two. I want both to remain Broncos.

Although it may not have happened this past year, Lynch is being groomed to be the starter. He has that scary "potential" that scouts talk about and fans dream about I have contended all season that Siemian is the game manager that has to be taught to make plays, Lynch is the playmaker that has to be taught to be a game manger.

I am rooting for both. Each has a role. Just my preference that Lynch live up to the hype and expectations and win the starting job. Seems Elway has the same preference.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 01-20-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Are they measuring these guys with their shoes on? I thought I read somewhere that Osweiler is actually just under 6'7".

Anyway, I think Lynch's mechanics are probably more of a product of a lack of proper coaching than his height.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Trevor had a way better campaign than Lynch, evident by his 1.8 to 1 vs 2.0 to 1 TD to int ratio, his completion percentage of 57.5 to 57.0, and overall rating of 84.6 to 79.2.

All sarcasm aside, they were honestly extremely comparable. One had a full extra year of preparation in learning the system.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Don't think you are reading too much into it at all. Reasonable expectations IMO.

Siemian played better then expected by most. He won and kept the job when the QB fiasco at the beginning of the season could have buried the team. Siemian was able to competently run the Kubiak system. He did all that was asked of him. Arguably more, in fact.

But Lynch is expected to step up next year. Even the OC and QB coach hirings indicate that Lynch is being prepared to take the job. The offence is likely to make better use of Lynch's skillset instead of what we saw this year. Lynch has to win the job though. There should be nothing handed to him. I love the concept of "open competition" between the two. I want both to remain Broncos.

Although it may not have happened this past year, Lynch is being groomed to be the starter. He has that scary "potential" that scouts talk about and fans dream about I have contended all season that Siemian is the game manager that has to be taught to make plays, Lynch is the playmaker that has to be taught to be a game manger.

I am rooting for both. Each has a role. Just my preference that Lynch live up to the hype and expectations and win the starting job. Seems Elway has the same preference.
    End of the day I don't care which QB wins, I will support them both, but I am a tad partial to Trevor honestly. I like what I saw with him and I don't think we've seen anywhere near his ceiling. I honestly think Lynch is probably still 1-2 years away from being ready to start and during that time if Trevor wins the starting job (I don't want it simply handed to him anymore than I want it handed to Lynch) then I'd like to see Trevor have at least part of one more season to see if there is significant growth over year one's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Trevor had a way better campaign than Lynch, evident by his 1.8 to 1 vs 2.0 to 1 TD to int ratio, his completion percentage of 57.5 to 57.0, and overall rating of 84.6 to 79.2.

All sarcasm aside, they were honestly extremely comparable. One had a full extra year of preparation in learning the system.
    But Trevor post injury was a vastly different player than pre-injury Trevor. I really think that shoulder injury did more to his performance than some people realize

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    But Trevor post injury was a vastly different player than pre-injury Trevor. I really think that shoulder injury did more to his performance than some people realize
    Great reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    That is maybe true, or that he started to get comfortable. I just think the system hurt both in a way. Not sure any young QB would be any different when at the end of the day their numbers are so identical. Our Oline and run game dictated the numbers the QBs earned.

Was a non throwing shoulder tho.