Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1444
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,222
    The whole argument that Paxton Lynch is too tall, is absurd.

    Every team is looking for a "difference maker" at QB. One reason I was glad Elway didn't outbid Houston for oswheeler is because he wasn't, and still isn't, a "difference maker", or NFL QB, for that matter. Is Trevor Siemian a "difference maker"? Not that we've seen, yet. But I will cut the guy some slack since he never started a game, or took a significant snap, until this year behind a truly pathetic and dysfunctional offensive line.

    Can we say that Paxton Lynch a "difference maker" with his Starts as a rookie? Absolutely not. In fact, if anything, Lynch is a "reverse" difference maker. LOL But, what we saw was a guy who is an above average athlete who plays a couple of inches shorter than his height. And I have high hopes that the new Coaching Staff can work with the guy, and get him up to a level where we can find out if he will ever be able to make a difference for the Broncos.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vernon, British Columbia
    Posts
    1,096
    Lvbroncs is correct. With Lynch's long legs, his dropbacks were deep enough to perfectly allow olbs to go around our Ts and right on into him.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,225
    Seems to me the ability to read defenses, quick release, footwork, etc. would be much more important that a QB's height. I am not crazy about Flacco but he has done pretty good so far.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,860
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    The whole argument that Paxton Lynch is too tall, is absurd.

    Every team is looking for a "difference maker" at QB. One reason I was glad Elway didn't outbid Houston for oswheeler is because he wasn't, and still isn't, a "difference maker", or NFL QB, for that matter. Is Trevor Siemian a "difference maker"? Not that we've seen, yet. But I will cut the guy some slack since he never started a game, or took a significant snap, until this year behind a truly pathetic and dysfunctional offensive line.

    Can we say that Paxton Lynch a "difference maker" with his Starts as a rookie? Absolutely not. In fact, if anything, Lynch is a "reverse" difference maker. LOL But, what we saw was a guy who is an above average athlete who plays a couple of inches shorter than his height. And I have high hopes that the new Coaching Staff can work with the guy, and get him up to a level where we can find out if he will ever be able to make a difference for the Broncos.
    I'm with you in the debate about height. Quarterbacks of different heights have been successful. Lynch is one of the taller QBs but it comes down to whether he can develop and be successful. I don't think that will depend on his height. For his size he is very mobile and it is matter of learning how to adjust in the pocket vs. running.

    I think Lynch only had 2-3 practices with the 1s during camp as Siemian/Sanchez competed for the starting job. With new HC they get an extra week and all signs point to a competition between Siemian/Lynch - he'll get many more reps with the 1s. With Vance Joseph's philosophy they might change the scheme - that could help Lynch and Siemian.

    We don't know how much Lynch will improve but a year with more practice can make a difference.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,909
    Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Anyone listen to Mike and Mike this morning?

    For a Qb that is 6'7 or taller the most wins in NFL history is.....

    Brock With 13 wins (he is 6'8)


    They said tall QBs fail because of the longer motion and throwing the ball down.

    Paxton is 6'7

    Anyone worried about Lynch?
    At their combines, Joe Flacco and Paxton Lynch measured 6'6" and change.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    693
    I think Lynch has a pretty quick release for a big guy. I agree the extra time will be huge for us and can only benefit both QB's. It has to be difficult to focus on pre-snap reads when you know that your OC just called a play that you as a QB are not convinced you will have time to run because you may not be standing long enough to run it. I didn't go to any games. On TV it is impossible to see if there were guys obviously open deeper, but we were checking down instead. So those that went to games, and there are tons of you on this site, help me get some perspective on that.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    3,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    Seems to me the ability to read defenses, quick release, footwork, etc. would be much more important that a QB's height. I am not crazy about Flacco but he has done pretty good so far.
    Meeeeeeh....


    Adopted by: Andrewmlb
    Sig by: MHS

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,207
    Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Anyone listen to Mike and Mike this morning?

    For a Qb that is 6'7 or taller the most wins in NFL history is.....

    Brock With 13 wins (he is 6'8)


    They said tall QBs fail because of the longer motion and throwing the ball down.

    Paxton is 6'7

    Anyone worried about Lynch?
    As far as his height goes I'm not. In the games he played in he was able to get the ball out pretty quickly. I think his footwork can improve to help with his accuracy, and obviously the more reps he gets the more comfortable he will get, I think McCoy can build an offense that will highlight his strengths and as he improves the packages that he can run will expand,

    *Note: Speaking of 6'7" Qbs, I was blown away watching Brock this weekend vs NE, his setup takes so long, its like an alert hey!!!!!! I'm throwing over there!!!!! brock will need to shorten that to improve. I think Gary did a good job with him, Brock over estimated how good he was at this point in his career, So did Houston at least he is rich now, I wouldn't be surprised if Savage replaces him next year for good.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,649
    I don't think height has anything to do with it because for one I think Lynch is much faster and more agile than Brock.

    Now if anyone is looking for 6'7"+ qb's wasn't Ryan Mallet 6'8"?

    I'm not trying to suggest it means anything but I think there is at least a sample of 1 that failed.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,809
    His height should have no effect on if he becomes a successful QB, If anything it's an advantage as he can scan the field better and see over the o-line with ease

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,095
    Could you say that defenders could read him better?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,026
    Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Could you say that defenders could read him better?
    Or could you say that he could potentially trick defenders more easily?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakshow View Post
    Meeeeeeh....
    That's not a debate dude. A qb that won a super bowl while carrying his team, along with having some average seasons and some above average ones is doing "pretty good". He didn't say his career was great. Just pretty good.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 01-17-2017 at 06:01 PM.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    10,242
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I don't think height has anything to do with it because for one I think Lynch is much faster and more agile than Brock.

    Now if anyone is looking for 6'7"+ qb's wasn't Ryan Mallet 6'8"?

    I'm not trying to suggest it means anything but I think there is at least a sample of 1 that failed.
    Unless I'm wrong, there really hasn't been even an average QB that was taller than 6"6'.... I think Erickson might be the only halfway decent tall
    QB?

    We drafted Brock over Wilson and methinks we'll be saying the same thing (taking Lynch over DAk) in a few years.... we passed on a franchise QB for a pipe dream.

    I was always hard on the Brock pick
    Bc I couldn't believe Lavonte David slid to us (and was shocked we passed him), but not surprised when David went right after we took Brock.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Unless I'm wrong, there really hasn't been even an average QB that was taller than 6"6'.... I think Erickson might be the only halfway decent tall
    QB?

    We drafted Brock over Wilson and methinks we'll be saying the same thing (taking Lynch over DAk) in a few years.... we passed on a franchise QB for a pipe dream.

    I was always hard on the Brock pick
    Bc I couldn't believe Lavonte David slid to us (and was shocked we passed him), but not surprised when David went right after we took Brock.
    Dak came out with some flaws I'll admit I was a big fan and would of liked him but Lynch's upside and potential if he fulfills them is far superior to Daks. Also helps teams playing Dallas this year have to defend the run first and when Dak drops back to pass he has plenty of time thanks to an elite o-line I'm not saying if Lynch had that o-line this year he'd of played aswell as Dak but he'd of put up better numbers then he did in the few games he played This year

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •