Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Was a non throwing shoulder tho.
    You can't possibly know how different injuries affect different players. Lots of moving parts in a throwing motion.

As a former QB and S, I know exactly how it feels to play with non throwing shoulder injuries, fear of getting plowed again is the only thing affected.

That is maybe true, or that he started to get comfortable. I just think the system hurt both in a way. Not sure any young QB would be any different when at the end of the day their numbers are so identical. Our Oline and run game dictated the numbers the QBs earned.
    No, they didn't. It contributed but didn't dictate.

Like any other non throwing injury, it will hurt for a few seconds after every throw, and you shake it off and go again. We've seen QBs play great games on torn knees.

As a former QB and S, I know exactly how it feels to play with non throwing shoulder injuries, fear of getting plowed again is the only thing affected.
    LOL!!! What pro team did you play for? I played High school QB too. Injuries affect everyone differently.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    No, they didn't. It contributed but didn't dictate.
    I will disagree there. When you watch film of this year's team, we have 3 opponents spy RB and QB on a ton of plays. 1 would go for RB and continue to the QB if no hand off, while the olbs wait on the wings to help get the RB if ball kept while the other would go in at TS if a fake. With little to no variety of different looks it dictated the play of the quarterbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    LOL!!! What pro team did you play for? I played High school QB too. Injuries affect everyone differently.
    I played CIS, which I can admit is not on par with NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    But Trevor post injury was a vastly different player than pre-injury Trevor. I really think that shoulder injury did more to his performance than some people realize
    Also think it is fair to consider opposing defenses watched tape and game planned to challenge Siemian and the offense overall.

Whether by design or coaches instruction Siemian struggled to get first downs let alone TDs down the stretch. Have to give the opposing defenses some credit for forcing the Broncos into uncomfortable situations.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Also think it is fair to consider opposing defenses watched tape and game planned to challenge Siemian and the offense overall.

Whether by design or coaches instruction Siemian struggled to get first downs let alone TDs down the stretch. Have to give the opposing defenses some credit for forcing the Broncos into uncomfortable situations.
    Agree completely with this. The offense didn't really get away from what they planned too often. It seemed if the first two reads weren't there it was either forced, or horribly incomplete. Don't know if he was coached to do that, or if it was his instinct to do that.

In TS you hope the confidence from from a week 17 game that was his best carries over to the new season. With Lynch you hope his confidence wasn't shattered in failing to shine in his limited opportunities coupled with never getting another look.

I will disagree there. When you watch film of this year's team, we have 3 opponents spy RB and QB on a ton of plays. 1 would go for RB and continue to the QB if no hand off, while the olbs wait on the wings to help get the RB if ball kept while the other would go in at TS if a fake. With little to no variety of different looks it dictated the play of the quarterbacks.
    It didn't dictate completion %, yards passed for, etc...

In TS you hope the confidence from from a week 17 game that was his best carries over to the new season. With Lynch you hope his confidence wasn't shattered in failing to shine in his limited opportunities coupled with never getting another look.
    Yeah, I agree with that.

I'm guessing that Trevor Siemian will be going into next season, head and shoulders ahead of Lynch in every possible way. And frankly, I don't believe there are any orders Elway can give the Coaching staff, or anything that McCoy and Musgrave can do, to get Lynch "caught up" in knowledge or experience. Vance Joseph said it will be an "open competition", and I take the man at his word. And that will be bad news for any hope that the Lynch we saw last season has of playing. Of course, miracles happen. Hopefully Lynch takes the bull by the horns and makes a competition of this opportunity. If it's close, maybe Lynch will get the chance to show us what we have from that 1st Round Pick.

In TS you hope the confidence from from a week 17 game that was his best carries over to the new season.
    Week 17 was his best game? I'd say it was either week 3 vs CIN (312 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT) or week 12 vs KC (368 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT). Those were his two full games with a passer rating above 100.0. It's too bad the defense gave the game away vs KC.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    It didn't dictate completion %, yards passed for, etc...
    The line influenced completion %, and yards passed for, etc. Denver's pass protection was among the worst in the league (graded 27th). Donald Stephenson was the worst lineman in the league - not worst RT - worst lineman. Through the 9th game in the season he allowed the most sacks and pressures (Okung was 2nd worst for pressures). Receivers need time to run routes. Siemian (and Lynch) held the ball too long on some plays so they share the blame.

Week 17 was not his best. Weeks 1-3 he impressed due to the level of expectations and perceived strength of schedule. Weeks 4-17 he was extremely inconsistent and even regressed in some instances.