Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    As to the big question about the impostors, why do they have $109 million + to spend. They have that because they have Moneyball in charge. The man who thinks that getting rid of your best players and replacing them with scrubs is a sure-fire way to win.

I don't expect the impostors to do much of anything in the offseason because they don't care, so long as people buy seats to see the impostors, so long as people go to see the impostors, the impostors' owner will continue to make easy money. Making money, that is all the NFL cares about. That's why they wanted to make sure they rewarded Cleveland's loyal fans with .... garbage.

I highly recommend you read: False Start: How the New Browns Were Set Up to Fail
    Even the worst franchises can turn around. The Bucs were terrible in the 80s, as were the Bengals in the 90s. I mean, jeez, the Cubs just won the world series. If that can happen in sports, anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Even the worst franchises can turn around. The Bucs were terrible in the 80s, as were the Bengals in the 90s. I mean, jeez, the Cubs just won the world series. If that can happen in sports, anything can happen.
    You are so right, I should embrace the Impostors as the Cleveland Browns. (sarcasm) Maybe when I am 1,259 years old they will actually play like the Browns and be the Browns. No. Those are not the Browns. They are impostors. I have far too little time in my life to devote any of it to pretending that that team is the same team that Bernie Kosar, Vinnie Testaverde (though they weren't great at that time), Brian Sipe, and Otto Graham played for. The team that they played for is in Baltimore right now and the team in Cleveland is nothing but a cheap imitation.

You are so right, I should embrace the Impostors as the Cleveland Browns. (sarcasm) Maybe when I am 1,259 years old they will actually play like the Browns and be the Browns. No. Those are not the Browns. They are impostors. I have far too little time in my life to devote any of it to pretending that that team is the same team that Bernie Kosar, Vinnie Testaverde (though they weren't great at that time), Brian Sipe, and Otto Graham played for. The team that they played for is in Baltimore right now and the team in Cleveland is nothing but a cheap imitation.
    Just out of curiosity, do you disown the team due to their suckage, or because of the betrayal? Not cheering for the team due to them being down is not being a very good fan. If you feel betrayed, that is another matter. However, I still don't believe you should let it trouble you so much, as it won't change anything. You have a team in Cleveland, many cities only dream of having one.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Just out of curiosity, do you disown the team due to their suckage, or because of the betrayal? Not cheering for the team due to them being down is not being a very good fan. If you feel betrayed, that is another matter. However, I still don't believe you should let it trouble you so much, as it won't change anything. You have a team in Cleveland, many cities only dream of having one.
    I disown them because they have thrown away their history with no desire to honor it. They have an owner that does not care one bit about improving them. His only concern is making money. He allowed naming rights so that he can make money and he destroyed their historic uniforms in hopes of making money by selling the new ones.

He is so corrupt that the government even investigated him for fraud for lying to the customers of Flying J, the company he owns. It is a complete and total betrayal.

I disown them because they have thrown away their history with no desire to honor it. They have an owner that does not care one bit about improving them. His only concern is making money. He allowed naming rights so that he can make money and he destroyed their historic uniforms in hopes of making money by selling the new ones.

He is so corrupt that the government even investigated him for fraud for lying to the customers of Flying J, the company he owns. It is a complete and total betrayal.
    I understand your feelings toward the owner but it's still the Browns. I'm not sure how I would feel if the Broncos had the same type of situation, although I know I wouldn't be happy. Not passing judgement, just saying you could stay your focus on the team and not the owner. Most are in this game for money anyways, yours is just not as subtle it seems. They're still the Browns, just not as great as they once were. All teams go through that, they will find their way out.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    I understand your feelings toward the owner but it's still the Browns. I'm not sure how I would feel if the Broncos had the same type of situation, although I know I wouldn't be happy. Not passing judgement, just saying you could stay your focus on the team and not the owner. Most are in this game for money anyways, yours is just not as subtle it seems. They're still the Browns, just not as great as they once were. All teams go through that, they will find their way out.
    They're not the Browns at all. Even before Haslam took over they were a cheap imitation of the Browns that the NFL allowed. Like I said before, it would have been better if the NFL had simply retired the name "Browns" and retired the history and the records. They could have easily just made a new team with the same colors but call it something else. Because they are not the Browns.

Putting the Broncos in that situation would be like if the Broncos relocated to London, but decided to leave the team name in Denver as well as the colors and the records. Then, gave you an expansion team, but didn't call it an expansion team. Then, you saw how that team went on to win 2-4 games a year for nearly twenty years, then decided to sell the team to a distant cousin of Al Davis, who then decided to change their emblem to a Donkey and hired Baseball executives to "improve the team". While at the same time, you see the team that was the Broncos that you grew up with continue the Broncos winning tradition, with John Elway still as their GM.

Would the team still in Denver be the Broncos to you? I guarantee that you would say no.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 01-27-2017 at 10:37 PM.

They're not the Browns at all. Even before Haslam took over they were a cheap imitation of the Browns that the NFL allowed. Like I said before, it would have been better if the NFL had simply retired the name "Browns" and retired the history and the records. They could have easily just made a new team with the same colors but call it something else. Because they are not the Browns.

Putting the Broncos in that situation would be like if the Broncos relocated to London, but decided to leave the team name in Denver as well as the colors and the records. Then, gave you an expansion team, but didn't call it an expansion team. Then, you saw how that team went on to win 2-4 games a year for nearly twenty years, then decided to sell the team to a distant cousin of Al Davis, who then decided to change their emblem to a Donkey and hired Baseball executives to "improve the team".

Would they still be the Broncos to you? I guarantee that you would say no.
    I would be pretty upset with the version of the Broncos you describe, but I think your comparison is a little bit dramatic to be honest lol. I'm not trying to change your opinion, just sharing my thoughts. You could always be a Bengals fan huh? That would show them lol, jk

I think you are right with the Garrett, and Cook picks. As for QB it just might be AJ McCarron who Hue Jackson coached in Cincy.

how miserable would charlie be if the "imposters" actually won the SB?

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    I think their ring would be a paper bag encrusted with diamonds.

I couldn't care less if the Impostors won a Super Bowl. That doesn't change the fact that they are a cheap knockoff.

I'd feel the same way you would feel if San Diego got a football team called the San Diego Thunderbolts.

I couldn't care less if the Impostors won a Super Bowl. That doesn't change the fact that they are a cheap knockoff.

I'd feel the same way you would feel if San Diego got a football team called the San Diego Thunderbolts.
    completely different situation though dude. the browns left and rebranded to the ravens, if that happened with the chargers i would have stopped being a fan right then and there like i am sure many browns fans did.

then later if there was an expansion team that branded back to the chargers, yes i would become a fan of that franchise probably.

but that is just me of course.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

completely different situation though dude. the browns left and rebranded to the ravens, if that happened with the chargers i would have stopped being a fan right then and there like i am sure many browns fans did.

then later if there was an expansion team that branded back to the chargers, yes i would become a fan of that franchise probably.

but that is just me of course.
    Not to me. It's the same. You may be a fickle fan able to accept just about anything, but not me. You quickly jumped about the LA Bandwagon - despite the fact that the Chargers abandoned their home. No more "San Diego .... Super Chargers" as the song went. Yea, that song is now gone. LA Super Chargers doesn't have the same ring to it. What happened with the Browns is they relocated to Baltimore, and they weren't "rebranded" by choice. They were forced to by the NFL in an agreement they made with Cleveland to have a replacement team. Yea, a "replacement" team. Basically, it's like having something happen to something of value - your insurance is supposed to return the item with equal value. Well, imagine if they decided instead to force a cheap knockoff on you. That's the so-called "Browns" you see today. A cheap knockoff that shouldn't even be called the "Browns".

Not to me. It's the same. You may be a fickle fan able to accept just about anything, but not me. .
    stop right there....fickle fan? do you know what that term means? it doesn't mean to accept just about anything, it means to easily switch allegiances, loyalties, and interests.

that is the opposite of what i am or are doing. i am a chargers fan and i also followed the chargers stadium issues very closely, another thing that was not even close to the same situation as the browns leaving.

you have the browns, who left in the middle of the night and deserved some of the backlash they got for doing so. not only that but the chargers are moving literally an hour and a half drive up the freeway, the browns moved to an entire new state.

you got the chargers, who tried for 15 years to get a stadium deal done and got their downtown stadium initiative rejected by the citizens of san diego and it wasn't even close.

that was after the chargers already had the green light to move to LA and they decided to give it one more year to try and get something done.

everyone in SD knew this yet still only got 43% of the popular vote, that's how badly san diego wanted to keep the chargers and the cost of the stadium would not have come out of their pocket either.

literally the best deal they could have possibly gotten.

so yeah, i'm still a chargers fan because i am not a fickle fan that just changes teams because they are bad or basically got booted from the city.

i also remember when you said you boycotted the browns, meaning you were a fan of the "imposters" at one point but just couldnt take the losing and ineptitude anymore.

that is the very definition of a fickle fan in my book but i can elaborate more on that in smack if you like.
    Last edited by baphamet; 02-14-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Why does Charlie even bother talking football? Lol, the team you once loved is gone, and it's never returning. Jim Brown isn't coming out of retirement even though you probably never seen him play. Bernie Kosar isn't coming back, the uniforms are what they are, the owner is who he is. Your version of the Browns are gone, gone forever lol. Did you watch the drive? The fumble? The 89 afc championship broncos vs browns? I'm not talking YouTube, I'm talking about watching those games live?