Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,240
    Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    There are many tools and gadgets for cooking and baking.....

    The first time i made hand made ravioli, i only had a rolling pin....couldve baked them as calzones lol
    Hand made ravioli........calzones......my friend you are making me salivate, no matter how you make them!!!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,534
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Hand made ravioli........calzones......my friend you are making me salivate, no matter how you make them!!!
    Add some flour and a touch of salt and you too can have some pasta!
    (not recommended)

    I could go for a nice cannoli if anyone has a spare...

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    land of the firebird
    Posts
    6,299
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Hand made ravioli........calzones......my friend you are making me salivate, no matter how you make them!!!
    Haha
    We dont have a smoker and i dont want to burn 8 hours of propane so im gonna try doing my second brisket ever in the oven after letting it soak in marinade for 3 days. My first one was good but the wood chips and propane made it pretty easy. Hopefully this turns out as good as the first!

    Now if i can just convince the wife to let me get a deep fryer i could do home made tater tots or sweet potato tots!

    I do have to say that if i tried making cannoli, it would probably look like a pyramid on the plate
    Last edited by armedequation; 05-04-2017 at 06:06 AM.
    Glen Haven Fire

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,240
    Scary thing happened a while back......after we finished eating rolled chicken breasts. When I rounded up the tooth picks used for baking, I found all of them except for part of one. Did I swallow it????????? (Doubt my wife did, cuz she's the attentive one.)

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    land of the firebird
    Posts
    6,299
    Could be...good thing is its wood so it will digest.

    The oven brisket i think was a success. Did it from scratch which allowed me to make it gluten free and she said that not only was it good but it digested well too lol.

    I get a kick at how promptly my two year old picks up his corn on the cob and has a blast eating it
    Glen Haven Fire

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,240
    Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Could be...good thing is its wood so it will digest.

    The oven brisket i think was a success. Did it from scratch which allowed me to make it gluten free and she said that not only was it good but it digested well too lol.

    I get a kick at how promptly my two year old picks up his corn on the cob and has a blast eating it
    Brisket sounds mouth watering!! And yes, we humanoids, right from birth, are meant to eat c on the c!!!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    land of the firebird
    Posts
    6,299
    I may be the only one but i find baking much more difficult than cooking. If anyone is ever in the estes area, you have to come down to glen haven general store for cinnamon rolls and sandwhiches on fresh baked bread. The fudge is awesome too (snickers is my fave)

    Ive tried making donuts and rolls before but to little success with the dough
    Glen Haven Fire

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    16,558
    Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    I may be the only one but i find baking much more difficult than cooking. If anyone is ever in the estes area, you have to come down to glen haven general store for cinnamon rolls and sandwhiches on fresh baked bread. The fudge is awesome too (snickers is my fave)

    Ive tried making donuts and rolls before but to little success with the dough
    Baking is so much more difficult than cooking. There's more science to it. Not a baker by any means but I just love to watch cooking and baking shows for some reason. And the contestants usually fail on the baking contests because it is so much more difficult.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,240
    Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    I may be the only one but i find baking much more difficult than cooking. If anyone is ever in the estes area, you have to come down to glen haven general store for cinnamon rolls and sandwhiches on fresh baked bread. The fudge is awesome too (snickers is my fave)

    Ive tried making donuts and rolls before but to little success with the dough
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Baking is so much more difficult than cooking. There's more science to it. Not a baker by any means but I just love to watch cooking and baking shows for some reason. And the contestants usually fail on the baking contests because it is so much more difficult.
    I have little clue yet about cooking in general, but it amazes me how the bread I make comes out different almost every time I make it. I follow the recipe for proper amounts, but I think even little deviations,. and perhaps changes in the house temperature/humidity are noticeable in the outcome.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    land of the firebird
    Posts
    6,299
    Yeah thats part of the reason i find baking difficult

    I was asked last saturday night on short notice to do the carolina style sauce that i did for the brisket for the fathers day dinner. My uncle and grandpa both loved the sauce and they are kinda opposite spectrum of flavors lol. My uncle loves spicey (which this wasnt). My granpda just likes to taste stuff now so i consider it a win

    Now to come up with a recipe for all the leftover chicken...hmm maybe a casserole as we dont do those very much
    Glen Haven Fire

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,240
    The best jerk chicken I ever had was the first time I got to enjoy it, at a resort in Jamaica....as a snack. It was deep into the night on our first day on the trip, and they had this fun little snack shack that was open fairly late. So I asked the cook what he had on the grill and he said he'd whip me up some jerk chicken and fries. I grabbed a glass of Red Stripe draft beer from the bar and brought back the freshly made snack.....and it was fabulous!!! Haven't had better since.

    Today I BBQ'd jerk chicken based on a pretty easy recipe....and it was very good! We both agreed that it was a "keeper" recipe. So simple gang!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oh Yea...Right there!
    Posts
    5,951
    Tonight I am going to try to make some shrimp and grits-- New Orleans style.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Tonight I am going to try to make some shrimp and grits-- New Orleans style.
    Sounds good to me.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Tonight I am going to try to make some shrimp and grits-- New Orleans style.
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....what time?



    Sometimes you can score big points with the simplest of meals. I went BBQ'd jerk chicken last week, and the seasoning worked out quite well, but the real winner was the juicy chicken breast. So this week we had BBQ'd chicken sandwiches as the main, and once again the chicken breasts were amazingly juicy and tender! I had to leave out the bacon and cheese this time, because the "boss" in my house says we need to watch cholesterol levels now and again. But next time they will reappear,

    But the great news, BBQ chicken is soo dang good! Same goes for BBQ with most meats - steak, burgers, chops, ribs.....now I am really hungry. It's the power of the juice/flavour!!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oh Yea...Right there!
    Posts
    5,951
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....what time?



    Sometimes you can score big points with the simplest of meals. I went BBQ'd jerk chicken last week, and the seasoning worked out quite well, but the real winner was the juicy chicken breast. So this week we had BBQ'd chicken sandwiches as the main, and once again the chicken breasts were amazingly juicy and tender! I had to leave out the bacon and cheese this time, because the "boss" in my house says we need to watch cholesterol levels now and again. But next time they will reappear,

    But the great news, BBQ chicken is soo dang good! Same goes for BBQ with most meats - steak, burgers, chops, ribs.....now I am really hungry. It's the power of the juice/flavour!!
    I have always wanted to try jerk-chicken. To me, BBQ chicken always tastes better the next day cold. Kinda like pizza.

    The shrimp and grits was off the chain! Here is the recipe with an easy step-by-step video. Video is long, but the dude nails it. I added a little lump crab into my sauce. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7qIC4ew0F4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •