Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 162
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,666
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    They had just drafted Buckner 7th overall last year and he had a pretty good rookie year and will only get better. It would take a 1st 2nd and 3rd just to start the conversation.
    How about Bowman?

  2. #137
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    How about Bowman?

    Bowman is likely more "affordable" than Buckner. If SF doesn't take a QB but takes Allen, they may be more forthright with one of the other young linemen but I doubt it.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ft. Lewis, Washington
    Posts
    3,179
    Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Bowman is likely more "affordable" than Buckner. If SF doesn't take a QB but takes Allen, they may be more forthright with one of the other young linemen but I doubt it.
    Achilles tears are pretty hard to come back from...but then again, look at Cam Wake and Suggs.
    New England Patriots GM

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,942
    Random thought here but Solomon Thomas could slide in at DE nicely. Crick is aight so Thomas wouldn't have to be huge at first. It seems like Elway doesn't love throwing guys into the fire

    i bet Elway'a at least gonna call Shaw and do his due diligence on him

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,942
    Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    According to Adam Caplin on twitter, the 49ers are expected to switch to a 4-3 defense under new DC Robert Saleh.

    Each of the last 2 first round picks -- Arik Armstead and DeForest Buckner -- stand 6'7", were drafted as 3-4 DEs. They will be questionable fits in San Francisco's new defense.

    With John Lynch now the GM in SF and his relationship with Elway, how about a second or third rounder for Buckner? He would still be on his rookie contract, cheaper and younger than Calais Campbell and probably better than any DE in the 2nd or 3rd round in this year's draft.

    Therefore, in FA, the Broncos can bring in a NT like Williams, Hankins or Poe, lined up with Buckner and Wolfe.

    Trade down in the 1st to pick up a pick. Philly will want a mid to late pick for Mychal Kendricks. Agree to restructure and send them a 6th.

    How would you like this:

    Buckner -- Williams -- Wolfe
    Ray -- Kendricks -- Marshall -- Miller

    Your big expense on defense is Brandon Williams. Now, you use the rest of the cap on the OL.
    This will be one of kyle's biggest regrets

    Keep it 34 SF

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,666
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Random thought here but Solomon Thomas could slide in at DE nicely. Crick is aight so Thomas wouldn't have to be huge at first. It seems like Elway doesn't love throwing guys into the fire

    i bet Elway'a at least gonna call Shaw and do his due diligence on him
    I've seen reports of Thomas going off the board as early as 4th overall and all throughout the 1st. It's hard to gauge where he will ultimately land, but it wouldn't hurt to do some extra homework. I haven't seen much of him so I do think have an opinion on him yet.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,540
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Random thought here but Solomon Thomas could slide in at DE nicely. Crick is aight so Thomas wouldn't have to be huge at first. It seems like Elway doesn't love throwing guys into the fire

    i bet Elway'a at least gonna call Shaw and do his due diligence on him
    Im a big fan of Solomon. He's a tad undersized, and needs some technique refinement, but the man can play.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    16,912
    One o-lineman I can see Elway drafting at #20 is Forrest Lamp. He looks so good on the videos I've watched and it would be a very smooth transition to LG. A gargantuan upgrade over Max Garcia, who should be the backup center/guard if the team builds a quality o-line.

    I am also fine with Cam Robinson at #20. He's certainly worth the pick. Another guy that can play LG right away for this team, with the upside of maybe being able to play LT.

    I don't buy the speech about this draft class not having an o-lineman for the #20 pick. Lamp is excellent. Robinson is pretty good. They are better players than some o-linemen drafted early in previous drafts.

    Forrest Lamp has the potential to become a Zack Martin type of OG in the NFL.

    This team needs to move on from the weak, finesse blockers like Schofield, Sambrailo and Stephenson and bring the guys that can sustain blocks and move the pile.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Edge of Orange
    Posts
    2,953
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    One o-lineman I can see Elway drafting at #20 is Forrest Lamp. He looks so good on the videos I've watched and it would be a very smooth transition to LG. A gargantuan upgrade over Max Garcia, who should be the backup center/guard if the team builds a quality o-line.

    I am also fine with Cam Robinson at #20. He's certainly worth the pick. Another guy that can play LG right away for this team, with the upside of maybe being able to play LT.

    I don't buy the speech about this draft class not having an o-lineman for the #20 pick. Lamp is excellent. Robinson is pretty good. They are better players than some o-linemen drafted early in previous drafts.

    Forrest Lamp has the potential to become a Zack Martin type of OG in the NFL.

    This team needs to move on from the weak, finesse blockers like Schofield, Sambrailo and Stephenson and bring the guys that can sustain blocks and move the pile.
    I like Lamp. I think he will move into the first round provided his pre-draft work goes well. I would have no problem taking him with our first pick. I would be ecstatic if we could trade down a couple of spots and still get him along with acquiring another pick or two.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    33,713
    Regarding OL at 20 or if we move up if we get two comp 3's.

    It depends who falls. Lamp is possible but some concerns with him having short arms. Robinson struggles with speed rushers and gets a lot of penalties, but he'd be a really good pick. Has talent to be a 10-year LT in the NFL.

    In general its still not a great OL class for guys ready to play right away.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    988
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    One o-lineman I can see Elway drafting at #20 is Forrest Lamp. He looks so good on the videos I've watched and it would be a very smooth transition to LG. A gargantuan upgrade over Max Garcia, who should be the backup center/guard if the team builds a quality o-line.

    I am also fine with Cam Robinson at #20. He's certainly worth the pick. Another guy that can play LG right away for this team, with the upside of maybe being able to play LT.

    I don't buy the speech about this draft class not having an o-lineman for the #20 pick. Lamp is excellent. Robinson is pretty good. They are better players than some o-linemen drafted early in previous drafts.

    Forrest Lamp has the potential to become a Zack Martin type of OG in the NFL.

    This team needs to move on from the weak, finesse blockers like Schofield, Sambrailo and Stephenson and bring the guys that can sustain blocks and move the pile.
    Lamp is my favorite OL prospect this year. I would love for him to be a Bronco and would totally be okay if he was the pick at 20. IMO, he would be a starter week one and I agree with everything you mentioned above.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    33,713
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Random thought here but Solomon Thomas could slide in at DE nicely. Crick is aight so Thomas wouldn't have to be huge at first. It seems like Elway doesn't love throwing guys into the fire

    i bet Elway'a at least gonna call Shaw and do his due diligence on him
    Solomon Thomas is a beast, but cant see him falling to us, we'd have to move up for him in all likelihood.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosk View Post
    Lamp is my favorite OL prospect this year. I would love for him to be a Bronco and would totally be okay if he was the pick at 20. IMO, he would be a starter week one and I agree with everything you mentioned above.
    I like Lamp too, but if we can get two OG in FA, I would look for another position. So hard to tell what we are going to do until we know who actually hits the market and where we want to spend the money.

    I am also bullish on Dion Dawkins, who I think can be a day one starter at RT. If we went in another direction at #20 and then moved up to an early 2nd and took Dawkins, I would be happy with that.

    Edit: We can sit at 20 and see if Robinson falls to us and then trade up in the 2nd to get TE Engram or see if OJ Howard falls to us and trade up to get Dawkins...but I do think OT & TE are the most likely top two positions we draft at this time.
    Last edited by MHSalute; 02-19-2017 at 01:09 PM.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    828
    Calling it now... Elway moves back from #20 to get Brown's #33 and Joe Thomas
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Calling it now... Elway moves back from #20 to get Brown's #33 and Joe Thomas
    Are you predicting that's all it will take to get Joe Thomas from the Browns? Swap #20 for #33 and get Joe Thomas? Is that what you're calling?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •