Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting QB?

Starting QB?

Firstly, sorry if there is always a thread around this. Just wanted to discuss it...

Joseph has said that the QB competition is going to be open, I know this is expected but in my opinion I would give it to Siemian. I know he wasn't anything special but for his first year as a starter behind a dreadful O-Line I liked what he did.

He did well to get this offence rolling at times. You look at the Bengals and Chiefs games and he was superb. I understand his accuracy wasn't great on the season (59.5%) but he only threw 10 interceptions (less than Rivers, Luck, Big Ben, Cam Newton, etc). For me I think he deserves to be down as the starter heading into camp, it should be his job to lose.

I understand that Paxton is seen as the future and it seems that the coach hirings favour him. He has a lot of benefits but I think at the moment Siemian is the better option (I mean he helped us get to 9-7 with no help from O-Line and very little from running game).

I would stick with Siemian; he did well in his first year starting. With the O-Line getting improvements over offseason and an improved running game next season it will be on him. If he's poor then you put Paxton in but I can only see Siemian improving and based on what I saw last season I'm happy to stick with him.

Quote Originally Posted by kmitchell96 View Post
    Firstly, sorry if there is always a thread around this. Just wanted to discuss it...

Joseph has said that the QB competition is going to be open, I know this is expected but in my opinion I would give it to Siemian. I know he wasn't anything special but for his first year as a starter behind a dreadful O-Line I liked what he did.

He did well to get this offence rolling at times. You look at the Bengals and Chiefs games and he was superb. I understand his accuracy wasn't great on the season (59.5%) but he only threw 10 interceptions (less than Rivers, Luck, Big Ben, Cam Newton, etc). For me I think he deserves to be down as the starter heading into camp, it should be his job to lose.

I understand that Paxton is seen as the future and it seems that the coach hirings favour him. He has a lot of benefits but I think at the moment Siemian is the better option (I mean he helped us get to 9-7 with no help from O-Line and very little from running game).

I would stick with Siemian; he did well in his first year starting. With the O-Line getting improvements over offseason and an improved running game next season it will be on him. If he's poor then you put Paxton in but I can only see Siemian improving and based on what I saw last season I'm happy to stick with him.
    Man forget Trevor Simeon because of him we have a late first-round pick at number 20.

Just kidding and in all honesty, I think you're right. I think the kid does deserve a legitimate shot. I hope he not Shunned of blackballed by the very thought that Paxton Lynch is considered the future.

I'm not so sure that Paxton Lynch is bright enough to be the future quarterback of the Denver Broncos and the only reason why say that is because it is been reported that Paxton lynch could not absorb Gary Kubiak's quarterback friendly playbook.

It has also been reported that only 5 to 10% of the playbook could be inserted while Paxton Lynch was playing. That may be one of the biggest reasons why Gary Kubiak elected not to play him against the Oakland Raiders on week 17.

Don't kill the messenger I'm just telling you guys what I heard.

Yeah definitely don't see Paxton beating out our pro bowl Trevor Siemian if given a fair shot. Trevor is the starter for the foreseeable future.

People are just gunning hard for Lynch because he's Elway's coveted draft pick. Hopefully this season sees a FAIR competition between the two.
    I believe.

I think a lot of people are overestimating Lynch's athletic ability at this point, thinking he is going to survive based on movement and his canon arm. That won't be enough to win him the starting job.

I remember a lot of people thought OZ would come in and give the opposing Ds problems with his ability to scramble and his canon of an arm, lol.

It's not going to be either one. Trev will be traded, we will acquire Romo, and Lynch will wait and learn another year. Don't read too much into Elway's comments a few weeks ago. That was the only answer he could give, otherwise it would be tampering and we would face a very stiff penalty.
    #swapping

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    It's not going to be either one. Trev will be traded, we will acquire Romo, and Lynch will wait and learn another year. Don't read too much into Elway's comments a few weeks ago. That was the only answer he could give, otherwise it would be tampering and we would face a very stiff penalty.
    Given the public comments ware and sanders made last week you can only imagine how the players feel about the QB situation. And I remember elway praising tebow up until the very moment he got manning and dumped tebow off to the highest bidder. It will be hard to take him serious if he does the same exact thing as last year that ultimately cost us the playoffs. I cant see him rolling the dice on simien and lynch and bringing in a cheap bum vet and that sitting well with the rest of the guys in their late prime with a couple good years left trying to win now.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Yeah definitely don't see Paxton beating out our pro bowl Trevor Siemian if given a fair shot. Trevor is the starter for the foreseeable future.
    If Trevor Siemian is "pro bowl", then Paxton Lynch is offensive rookie of the year...
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    I think a lot of people are overestimating Lynch's athletic ability at this point, thinking he is going to survive based on movement and his canon arm. That won't be enough to win him the starting job.

I remember a lot of people thought OZ would come in and give the opposing Ds problems with his ability to scramble and his canon of an arm, lol.
    And I think you greatly overestimate the difference between the two. Siemian wasn't nearly as far ahead as you seem to think, if Lynch gets a good offseason of working on footwork, and then continues progressing on reading defenses with coaches, and it's a pretty good competition.

If Lynch does zero work then what you say might be true, if Lynch does the work, he probably wins the competition, legitimately.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Given the public comments ware and sanders made last week you can only imagine how the players feel about the QB situation. And I remember elway praising tebow up until the very moment he got manning and dumped tebow off to the highest bidder. It will be hard to take him serious if he does the same exact thing as last year that ultimately cost us the playoffs. I cant see him rolling the dice on simien and lynch and bringing in a cheap bum vet and that sitting well with the rest of the guys in their late prime with a couple good years left trying to win now.
    Exactly how I see it. I can see Elway beefing up the DL, making some temp upgrades on the OL , acquiring Romo and making 1-2 more short term runs at the SB before turning things over to whoever the young QB may be.

Fact of the matter is we have the worst starting QB in a division that contains Alex smith. We are not the only team that is gonna go out and make improvements this off season. We also weren't the only team missing key players guys like Keenan Allen and Jamal Charles are coming back. We got knocked down to 3rd after finishing 1st 5 straight seasons. I'm not confident we reclaim our spot going into next year with the QB situation as is.

Fact of the matter is we have the worst starting QB in a division that contains Alex smith. We are not the only team that is gonna go out and make improvements this off season. We also weren't the only team missing key players guys like Keenan Allen and Jamal Charles are coming back. We got knocked down to 3rd after finishing 1st 5 straight seasons. I'm not confident we reclaim our spot going into next year with the QB situation as is.
    Jamal Charles will be released by KC, barring him cutting his contract to nothing, they've got to get the money to sign either Poe or Berry, or both. Charles has played his last game in KC, and possibly in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Jamal Charles will be released by KC, barring him cutting his contract to nothing, they've got to get the money to sign either Poe or Berry, or both. Charles has played his last game in KC, and possibly in the NFL.
    He has no choice but to restructure he has zero leverage in the matter unless he wants to test free agency to see what kind of 1 year deal a team throes his way. Chiefs could save 4 mill cutting the punter also. Cutting those two outright gives them 11 mill on top of what little cap they already have.

After watching the SB50 I'm all for Romo
    Let's win 52!

He has no choice but to restructure he has zero leverage in the matter unless he wants to test free agency to see what kind of 1 year deal a team throes his way. Chiefs could save 4 mill cutting the punter also. Cutting those two outright gives them 11 mill on top of what little cap they already have.
    They're tight against the cap with only $4.67 million in current room. Charles is due a $3 million roster bonus right at the beginning of the league year (early March), but there's no cap hit to release him, I'm just not sure they'll even bother trying to lower the cap hit for a player who's 30 and has played 8 games in the last two years?

If they release Charles $6.6 million, Colquitt $4 million (the more likely restructure in my opinion) and Nick Foles $10.75 million, it brings them up to about $25.5 million, but that will all disappear by signing both Poe and Berry, so they'll still have more work to do.