Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting QB?

Quote Originally Posted by kapzk View Post
    MIKE KLIS
    If Romo hits free market, Broncos could express interest

Mike Klis, KUSA
    2 hours ago
    [url]http://www.9news.com/mb/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/if-romo-hits-free-market-broncos-could-express-interest/393969290[/url
    Could this be any more ambiguous? IF (insert any player's name here) is released, the Broncos COULD be interested. (How profound) I cannot believe Klis gets paid as a journalist.

Here's one for his next big headline: If I pick the winning Powerball numbers every week, I could become very rich.

Getting romo on a $12 million or less deal will still allow us to go get some free agents. We have somewhere in the 40-50 million range in cap. I'm sure Elway knows what's best for the team and if he does or doesn't pick up Romo I'll def support his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    It is a risky move. I just disagree with it. I understand others think it is the path to the SB.

It is hard to quantify it as of right now. It sounds like only a free agent Romo is of interest. If so, then what is the acceptable salary that works for the Broncos? What compromises to upgrading other positions is acceptable? what level of play for how many games? What effect does it have on the growth of the young QBs? Or the offensive system in general? Does protecting Romo limit the offense or does his skillset add to the offense?

What is considered a success if they obtain Romo? SB or bust? A playoff win? Eight games?

So many variables to consider. Only time will tell how Elway addresses the situation.
    I agree with you.

Imagine a scenario where Romo comes in and Siemian beats him out in TC and pre-season games. And considering Romo's health and age, that's not too far-fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    I agree with you.

Imagine a scenario where Romo comes in and Siemian beats him out in TC and pre-season games. And considering Romo's health and age, that's not too far-fetched.
    Siemian beats him out in TC? Lol that won't happen unless Romo gets hurt again

I agree with you.

As bad as that could be I can imagine an even worse possibility.

Romo is added. Cap space is allotted. He takes 70% of the offseason reps. Then irritates his declining back issues and spends the season "limited" and in and out of the lineup.

Romo is marginal and neither young QB develops or improves significantly and the offense never progresses because of the Romo dream.

Quote Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
    Could this be any more ambiguous? IF (insert any player's name here) is released, the Broncos COULD be interested. (How profound) I cannot believe Klis gets paid as a journalist.

Here's one for his next big headline: If I pick the winning Powerball numbers every week, I could become very rich.
    Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi
    Of course the Broncos are showing interest in Tony Romo. Kidding me? They'd be nutso not to. Why is this even a question?

Also i highly doubt Elway offers Romo an insane contract if hes cut.

Would be included with incentives.

As bad as that could be I can imagine an even worse possibility.

Romo is added. Cap space is allotted. He takes 70% of the offseason reps. Then irritates his declining back issues and spends the season "limited" and in and out of the lineup.

Romo is marginal and neither young QB develops or improves significantly and the offense never progresses because of the Romo dream.
    This ^^^^^^^^^
    Let's continue with the young guns and see what we got.
    If anything (and I might get laughed off the boards for this) go and pick up Aaron Murray as the 3rd QB and see how that shakes out. I STILL believe, he was the best QB in his draft that never got a legit shot.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    As silly as it sounds, what concerned me about Lynch is during the Atlanta game he kept forgetting to put his mouthpiece in, it stayed stuck in his face mask. Dumb huh? It showed me he was overwhelmed and clueless, he looked like a deer in headlights. Siemien is many things but he doesn't seem to get rattled. Lynch was rattled in that game and it was noticeable by anyone watching. I think Siemien continues to grow, and will be our starter for at least another season.
    You mean like when Aaron Rodgers kept forgetting to strap his chin strap? Is he dumb? Or maybe, you should have stopped with "as silly as it sounds", because about all it is. Silly.

I agree with you.

No way would Trevor beat romo out unless he gets hurt. Which is actually likely at this point. But if he were to improbably, stay healthy, there is close to 0% chance he would beat him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Siemian beats him out in TC? Lol that won't happen unless Romo gets hurt again
    Its almost as if people didn't watch simien play last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    No way would Trevor beat romo out unless he gets hurt. Which is actually likely at this point. But if he were to improbably, stay healthy, there is close to 0% chance he would beat him out.
    Romo had not played for the entire season and when he went into the last game @Eagles, he led a drive down the field with ease for a touchdown. For not playing 15 games he looked pretty sharp. I'm not saying that to say sign him, but when healthy he plays well.

Of course it can be accomplished. Just have to alter expectations.

Instead of targeting top free agents at other positions the Broncos will have to sign the mediocre. The Crick and Stephenson type players. Good but not great. Roster gets filled but not with the same quality is all.

But at least they will have Romo. Perhaps all the health concerns are overblown. Perhaps he starts all 16 and the playoffs. Perhaps he signs for $10M for the opportunity to play on a competitive team. One hell of a risk IMO, but who knows maybe Elway pulls some voodoo and it works out.
    I highly doubt if we got Romo, we'd be settled to target lower tier FA's. i dont see Elway potentially giving Romo a massive contract.

Also we have way more cap space than we've had in past years, or had to worry about re-signing our own FA's, back to back years players were tagged.

Romo will start for the Texans next season.

Siemian will start for the Broncos.