Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sad :(

Sad :(

Just rewatched SB50 which makes me happy, but to see how much turnover on the staff and roster makes me sad. Even before the season ended just how diff the Oline QB and defense changed.

Hopefully we will be back for 52!

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Just rewatched SB50 which makes me happy, but to see how much turnover on the staff and roster makes me sad. Even before the season ended just how diff the Oline QB and defense changed.

Hopefully we will be back for 52!
    We're one hit in the draft and a couple real solid FA moves away from being right back in contention imo. I think it CAN happen. Doesn't necessarily mean it will.

After watching it, I'm on the get Romo bad day wagon. Not saying we should Over pay or trade but get a team friendly deal and roll with him

Rewatching Americas Game, not having 18s leadership was huge. I think people would follow Romo

Thread cleaned.

All smack goes here --> Smack Forum

Let your mind be free of emotion and exercise patience. Siemian is the man.
    I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    After watching it, I'm on the get Romo bad day wagon. Not saying we should Over pay or trade but get a team friendly deal and roll with him
    I reckon We could make it next year if we get Romo however he could also burn a massive hole for the next say 3 years if he gets injured early and the contract is guaranteed money.Another thing I would like to add is the Patriots probably have another two years at the top with Brady(also Gronks many injuries)and the Steelers will go down a little in a year or two when Big Ben retires my preference is just give it a year or two to see who wins our QB race and we know for sure moving forward who our QB of the future is.

Then we can add the one or two pieces needed for the super bowl.With our roster at the moment we are still in the hunt for the super bowl with some FA and draft additions on both lines but I think a year or two from now we can set our roster up re contracts etc to set up a bit of a dynasty as the opposition in the AFC will be weakened with big losses.

Sad?

When I became a Bronco fan, I had to wait ten years for the first winning season. In the ten years between Frank Tripucka and Charley Johnson, Denver started twelve different QBs.

The Denver Broncos lost Super Bowls XII, XXI, XXII and XXIV before winning XXXII and XXXIII. Mile High Stadium has been sold out since 1970 and the Broncos haven't had consecutive losing seasons since 1972. From 2011-2015, they won five straight division titles and went to two Super Bowls, losing XLVIII and winning SB 50 last year.

BTW, 2016 wasn't a losing season. It is sad that Gary Kubiak had to retire for health reasons. The Vance Joseph era is beginning. The defensive staff is mostly intact. The new offensive staff is very promising and it will be interesting to see what they come up with. Elway & Co. will do everything they can to upgrade the roster. The Denver Broncos have a young roster and they are dedicated to developing it.

I'm looking forward to 2017 and don't intend to dilute my beer with tears.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

How are you watching America's Game? DVR I would assume? Ugggggh... what makes me sad is that "America's Game" isn't available for purchase yet.

We'll be back. The one consistent and important part of the team is John Elway.

I understand the window of a great D but if I am Elway, I'd retool the D as well to keep enough pieces in place for the future continuation of the dominance of the D. Unless it is a team friendly deal, the idea of Romo should not be entertained.

However, Elway has to play the public stance of being uninterested. Once June comes along, every owner will dare Jerry Jones to blink and he will cut Romo loose. Once that happens, the ball is in Romo's court and he is vet enough to learn any offense between June and September.

Yes I have it on my DVR. When nothing is on I watch it lol. Listening to Ware and Von on it makes you get pumped! I hope we keep Ware but LA or Dal will offer more $ then we will so he will probably be gone

I bet we had the most turnover players and coaches less then a year after winning it all.

On February 5 2017, instead of watching SuperBowl 51, I will be watching Superbowl 50. That way, I can let myself believe we won the SuperBowl this year. It will be awesome.

I prefer to not dwell in the negative. What's done is done. I am looking forward to seeing what happens in the offseason. I am excited about the new coaching staff. While I confess to loving the sport, I understand there are far more important things in life than football.

Last night I watched NFL Replay of SB50. Reminds me of how special it is to win the championship. Optimistic for next season!