Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

49ers hire Broncos scouting director Adam Peters

https://www.google.com/amp/profootba...am-peters/amp/

It is been said that peters is one of John Elway's key guys. In your opinion do you think this hurts the Broncos are do you think John Elway is more less proud that teams are trying to plug personnel from his managerial tree.

I believe Vance Joseph will make up for the loss of peters because he's a pretty good talent identifier himself. And John Elway will find another person to replace peters.
    <a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back

It was rumored Baalke could join the staff a while back. It could work now that there is an opening.

For those that haven't / can't read the article Adam Peters was the scouting director for the Broncos.

The Broncos did not block him from going to the interview so it's hard to say that he was invaluable. Perhaps the Lynch - Broncos history plays in to this as a gesture of good will to a former and well respected player. At the same time, if Elway thought Peters could not be replaced with little to no drop off, he might have blocked the interview. Elway clearly expects the role to be filled.

I haven't been too high on our drafts the last couple of years. Though there have been some good finds, it's mostly been a miss, especially with players that should have been contributing more this past season.

VJ is supposedly capable evaluating player talent and should fit with Elway's team. Besides, some times a stirring of the pot is good. We'll see how this draft and team building goes in a few months.
    Last edited by Rastic; 01-31-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Well we have done a pretty darn good job of identifying good ot great defensive players but our general offensive draft haul has been pretty poor. So perhaps some new faces in that area for us isn't such a bad thing...

Sweet, if only Brian Xanders would come back.

Elway would not block Peters interview even if he would be hard to replace. Remember Elway wants guys that want to be in Denver. Plus I think Elway wants John Lynch to succeed and he will do what he can to help him.

Wait. Wasn't he the only guy in our scouting department without a drinking problem?
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Wait. Wasn't he the only guy in our scouting department without a drinking problem?
    Who all has drinking problems and what is the extent of those drinking problems?

I'm just curious because I know everybody drinks a little bit socially but I wouldnt venture to say that everybody in our scouting department has a drinking problem based on a few camera shots by TMC. LOL

I believe that is a move up for Peters, I wouldn't think John would hold him back. John and John go back to their playing days together as well as both being Stanford Alumni. When John L had his acceptance conference call he said :“John Elway is one of my good friends and I watched him.”

I am happy for Mr. Peters and Lynch, and it could pay dividends down the road for us too. It is nice to have friends in places around the league imo.

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Who all has drinking problems and what is the extent of those drinking problems?

I'm just curious because I know everybody drinks a little bit socially but I wouldnt venture to say that everybody in our scouting department has a drinking problem based on a few camera shots by TMC. LOL
    Matt Russell and Tom Heckert. Russell had a 0.246 BAC Russell was 0.162 BAC. It was very serious.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Matt Russell and Tom Heckert. Russell had a 0.246 BAC Russell was 0.162 BAC. It was very serious.
    Pshaw. Lightweights. Get on my level.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Pshaw. Lightweights. Get on my level.
    Yeah, it's funny until you have a family member or a friend killed by a drunk driver. And both of these guys were out on the road, driving. One with an "alcoholic" BAC level (otherwise he would have been unconscious), and one of them crashing into parked cars, and ultimately crashing into a police car.

Pardon me if I don't get the humor in that.

I hate Matt Russell. He's not only horrible at his job he brought us Vance Joseph. On top of that he's an alcoholic, with which I would not have a problem, if it was not for all the drunk driving. That is negligent behavior. This is what annoys me. He's a hot shot exec, he's rich and can't think straight because he thinks he can do what he wants because he's got money and works for the Broncos. The sad part about all of this is that he's right. He didn't get punished like a normal person would in the same situation. Pretty disgusting. So we have drunk drivers and sexual predators on this team. What's next, a murderer? I hope not.

The players are expected to behave like angels while the execs can to whatever they want. Great culture developing. Elway really loves his friends. He also loves nepotism. I,m starting to think, with all other comments Elway has made about hating poor people, that he might but a really good GM and vice-president but that he's a horrible person.

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Sweet, if only Brian Xanders would come back.
    Xanders is the senior personnel executive for the Lions. He seems to be doing fine there.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Yeah, it's funny until you have a family member or a friend killed by a drunk driver. And both of these guys were out on the road, driving. One with an "alcoholic" BAC level (otherwise he would have been unconscious), and one of them crashing into parked cars, and ultimately crashing into a police car.

Pardon me if I don't get the humor in that.
    It's called gallows humor. Decades ago I woke up in a hospital, tied to the bed, with a catheter in me. With no memory of exactly how I got there. They told me that I had alcohol poisoning and I was surprised because I was just drinking as I normally did. Although I have never gotten behind the wheel while under the influence of anything I do casually make fun of people when they drink too much because I used to be one of those idiots.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~