Page 160 of 160 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160
Results 2,386 to 2,399 of 2399
    Quote Originally Posted by kona bronco View Post
    Antwan Bolden as a third receiver then draft a TE

King Dunlap and draft Forrest Lamp

Vance Walker and grab a 1 technique like Caleb Brantley
    Nice work. I think you are the first I have seen on this board to mention Anquan Boldin as a FA possibility. He makes QBs look good, is a RZ threat to score, offers veteran leadership and is a consummate professional.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Wouldn't moving forward with this plan would essentially end the possibility of adding Romo financially? Not sure the board or Elway is ready for that just yet.

Personally I like your plan.. Only aspect I would not be fond of is any Olineman in the first round. Simply my preference, not a deal breaker. Like the other additions. .

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Wouldn't moving forward with this plan would essentially end the possibility of adding Romo financially? Not sure the board or Elway is ready for that just yet.

Personally I like your plan.. Only aspect I would not be fond of is any Olineman in the first round. Simply my preference, not a deal breaker. Like the other additions. .
    Boldin played for about $2.7 million last year.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Boldin played for about $2.7 million last year.
    Isn't the current speculation that the Broncos have about $10-12M left for free agents after you consider the draft and a little extra for emergencies?

If so, Walker, Dunlap and Bolden would use up most of that. Correct? If I am miscalculating please let me know. Kind of the basis of my opinion.

Possibly passing on Dunlap would help save some cap but enough to bring in Romo?

I continue to hear speculation that Romo would accept a bargain base salary and performance incentives. Until the Broncos have him in a conference room and actually have a contract agreement I have doubts he is so willing to leave millions on the table. Maybe he will. If Jones ever releases him to the open market.

IMO spend the money on improving the team and build for the future with the two young QBs. Get the line in order, improve the rushing attack and reload the defense to a top 3 level. . Wins will come, even with relying on Siemian or Lynch to be the starter and back-up. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Isn't the current speculation that the Broncos have about $10-12M left for free agents after you consider the draft and a little extra for emergencies?

If so, Walker, Dunlap and Bolden would use up most of that. Correct? If I am miscalculating please let me know. Kind of the basis of my opinion.

Possibly passing on Dunlap would help save some cap but enough to bring in Romo?

I continue to hear speculation that Romo would accept a bargain base salary and performance incentives. Until the Broncos have him in a conference room and actually have a contract agreement I have doubts he is so willing to leave millions on the table. Maybe he will. If Jones ever releases him to the open market.

IMO spend the money on improving the team and build for the future with the two young QBs. Get the line in order, improve the rushing attack and reload the defense to a top 3 level. . Wins will come, even with relying on Siemian or Lynch to be the starter and back-up. JMO.
    From what I've seen, it's about $13-15 million. Johntbronco needs to bring us up to date.

Yep and throw in Clady as well.

Romo is under contract with the Dallas Cowboys through 2019. He's not in my picture.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    From what I've seen, it's about $13-15 million. Johntbronco needs to bring us up to date.

Yep and throw in Clady as well.

Romo is under contract with the Dallas Cowboys through 2019. He's not in my picture.
    Thanks. A little more then I thought.

JMO but I would prefer the Broncos take the risk with the oline developing with the current players instead of adding Dunlap. Also use one of the three picks rds 2 or 3 on a OT.

Like the Bolden and Walker signings. But would prefer an ILB like Z. Brown for about $4-5M.

The other three picks left in rds 1-3, I would target a dynamic playmaker on offense in the 1st. - McCaffrey, Howard, Cook, Maybe Peppers or Jackson on Defense.

With the remaining early picks a DT/DE (maybe a Adams or Watkins) and whichever position was not filled in rd one. Still should be some quality RBs, TEs, CBs, Edge rushers available.

I have always liked the Elway formula of filling needs in free agency to allow BPA in the draft. So many options. Just depends on your preferences.

that's definitely a no Romo scenario then
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I was trying to be patient.. but this free agency has officially been a huge dissapointment. Hopefully I'm missing something or the draft is amazing. Otherwise I have 0 excitement for the season.

Isnt that a bit of an over exaggeration? Maybe wait till training camp?
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by randy2191 View Post
    I was trying to be patient.. but this free agency has officially been a huge dissapointment. Hopefully I'm missing something or the draft is amazing. Otherwise I have 0 excitement for the season.
    I'll bet the draft will perk you up.

Just a random thought that wouldn't happen but would you trade Aqib Talib for Richard Sherman?

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Just a random thought that wouldn't happen but would you trade Aqib Talib for Richard Sherman?
    Depends on what defense you're running.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Good question. Sherman in 2 years younger, but has a little over a million more in salary this year ($13,631,00 vs $12,000,000). Sherman is scheduled to be a UFA in 2019 while we have Talib locked up until 2020, and Talib's cap hit his last year is only $8,000,000.

I think skill wise there isn't much difference.

I'd stick with Talib personally. I like his attitude on the field and the chemistry/personality he's build as part of our defense.
    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Depends on what defense you're running.
    Right. Seattle plays a lot of Cover 3 and Denver plays a lot of Cover 1.