Page 113 of 160 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2399
    I think the biggest loser in this FA period is def Brock Osweiler lol. Signed a huge deal a year ago, played so bad your team trades you to the Browns, a team that despritely needs a QB. And now the Browns don't even want you and are trying to ship you lol. Makes me laugh thinking about it.
    Last edited by Murph2432; 03-10-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kapzk View Post
    Broncos will be outbid for Hankins because they still think they have Manning where players will take a discount. Best bet is they resign walker and another DT who was bad last year wishing for a bounce back.
    Just because they are not giving top of the market deals to not top of the market players doesnt mean they are lowballing players.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Wagner was awful in 2015 and then rebounded last year, but still wasn't as good as 2014. So I'll average it out and say above average.

Whitworth is 35, you don't pay a player that age a contract like that unless he's a QB. He was very good with the Bengals, hes being paid by his new team for what he did with his old team.

Campbell is a good player, but he's not a $15 million a year player.

And yes the majority of the players signed yesterday were average.
    And that's why I'm very pleased with the lack of action. No need to rush and get into an over inflated bidding war on almost 40 y/o linemen. He got Leary at a good price and let's just watch and wait to see what else happens. I prefer not being in a position that JAX is in. I'm all for players making their money, Just as long as the overpaid ones stay in JAX. Where their talent and production will never match their salary. Let them be the Yankees (salary wise) of the NFL all they want.
    #swapping

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    No i get you dont like Talib but tradin him for a 35 yr old OL isnt smart.
    Actually Talib was a secondary question. Was not specifically proposing that trade. But I can see how it could look that way in the way I wrote it.

Any consideration of trading Talib would be for more value in return. And to be clear, don't dislike Talib as a person or when he is being the emotional leader.

I dislike the knucklehead that comes out at least once every season. And suggesting trading an aging CB with a bad back that has a $12M contract for the next two years is not crazy. If it was Talib or a quality LT?

Would Peters be of interest for a pick? What would you give up?

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    I think the biggest loser in this FA period is def Brock Osweiler lol. Signed a huge deal a year ago, played so bad your team trades you to the Browns, a team that despritely needs a QB. And now the Browns don't even want you and are trying to ship you lol. Makes me laugh thinking about it.
    Nah, he got paid and now will get cut and get paid again, maybe 6-8M. Guy has made more coin for doing less than almost anyone in the NFL.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by kapzk View Post
    Broncos will be outbid for Hankins because they still think they have Manning where players will take a discount.
    Elway had to pay Ronald Leary more than what the Saints paid Larry Warford. I don't see a discount there.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Nah, he got paid and now will get cut and get paid again, maybe 6-8M. Guy has made more coin for doing less than almost anyone in the NFL.
    I'm talking about a loser in sports. Yea he got paid and this will be the last time he every gets paid like that. but still embarrassing that a browns teams that can't get a qb to save their lives won't take him

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Elway had to pay Ronald Leary more than what the Saints paid Larry Warford. I don't see a discount there.
    Wasn't Leary the only established LG? May have paid a little more seeing Garcia and McGovern as better fits at RG.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    I'm talking about a loser in sports. Yea he got paid and this will be the last time he every gets paid like that. but still embarrassing that a browns teams that can't get a qb to save their lives won't take him
    Definitely may be a trivia Question someday: "What QB was worth more off the roster than on it?"

Maybe but other than McManus, Roby, there arent many key guys to look forward to re-signing soon. So not like it would hurt that much. But some of the contracts are a bit absurd to say the least, makes hitting in the draft all more important. Our last draft looked better than recent ones though.
    Right. The jury will be out on the 2016 group for a while, but it looks like a pretty good group to me.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Leary got 4/35, Warford 4/34 really not a big difference.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Just because they are not giving top of the market deals to not top of the market players doesnt mean they are lowballing players.
    No but as a team and on our roster we have left ourselves with major holes in very key positions. For example it is one thing to have a mediocre LT as a starter going into FA and wanting to upgrade. It is quite another to put yourself in a position where you do not have one on your roster at all. Similarly at NT we cut our backup NT mid-season last year and are letting our starter look elsewhere and we are left with a guy we barely let play last season remain our only option on the roster...

Also to your point the going rate for a top to above average LT now in the NFL is about 9-13 million per season. Whitworth signed the 9th highest LT contract in the NFL yesterday despite being the 2nd best at his position last season.....

Someone mentioned Peters from the eagles. Just wait it out he will probably get cut after the draft eagles no longer going WR in the first.

Leary got 4/35, Warford 4/34 really not a big difference.
    $20 million guaranteed for Leary, $17 million guaranteed for Warford. Not a big difference, but paid more.

EDIT: The point is that Elway did not go for a discount there. He paid what the market is demanding.

Also, Elway was offering a big contract for Calais Campbell, but the Jaguars simply (over)paid more.
    Last edited by -Rod-; 03-10-2017 at 01:05 PM.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Will be interesting to see what happens with Poe and Hankins. Maybe Poe becomes the surprise one year deal guy of the offseason?
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.