Page 131 of 160 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2399
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    The Pats are the best ran organization in football, i dont know why you keep comparing Denver to them.

But the Broncos over the last 5 years only team who comes close to them in success.
    Exactly, I don't get this obsession comparing us to the Pats, they've had the greatest run in NFL history, no team will likely ever duplicate their success. The good news is their reign of terror is almost over, that team will be back to their normal spot at the bottom of the league once BB and Brady are gone.

The Pats are the best ran organization in football, i dont know why you keep comparing Denver to them.

But the Broncos over the last 5 years only team who comes close to them in success.
    I'm not comparing, I'm saying stop comparing. You can not compare or try to duplicate what the Pats do.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    So Houston panicked giving Brock 16M and we can all laugh at them, but we were cool hand luke over here with 14M on the table.
    You are comparing apples to oranges. Brock spent 4 seasons in Denver. Elway knew him well. Kubiak had him in his system for 1 season. The organization was comfortable with Brock, his teammates liked him. There was a plan for Brock in Denver.

Now look at Houston... They never met with Brock to discuss anything. No visit. They had no idea how he would perform in that system, if he would get along with Bill O'Brien, if he would be a good fit in that locker room... They took a $37 million leap of faith just to steal Elway's QB.

That's the difference. Elway had a plan. Denver had a plan and a comfort level with Brock. Houston just wanted to look like smartasses snatching a QB from the SB champs. 1 year later, they only look like asses.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    You are comparing apples to oranges. Brock spent 4 seasons in Denver. Elway knew him well. Kubiak had him in his system for 1 season. The organization was comfortable with Brock, his teammates liked him. There was a plan for Brock in Denver.

Now look at Houston... They never met with Brock to discuss anything. No visit. They had no idea how he would perform in that system, if he would get along with Bill O'Brien, if he would be a good fit in that locker room... They took a $37 million leap of faith just to steal Elway's QB.

That's the difference. Elway had a plan. Denver had a plan and a comfort level with Brock. Houston just wanted to look like smartasses snatching a QB from the SB champs. 1 year later, they only look like asses.
    True, there are more variables there and Brock may have been better here, burnt bridge now. Still feel he needs to pick a guy and develop him, Can't really think of any teams trying to develop two guys to start...just never works out.

If he gets Romo, then I am really going to question whether he ever can develop a young guy.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

their the best bc of stability at 2 key positions brady n BB when you have 2 of the best if not the best success will follow

Doug Free announced his retirement from the NFL after 10 seasons.
    This comes only a week after Cowboys coach Jason Garrett insisted Free would be back for another season. The 33-year-old has been a fixture in Dallas for the past decade, starting every game he's played since 2010. Perhaps the Cowboys would have approached free agency differently if they knew Free was going to hang up his cleats. Certainly they would have made a more concerted effort to re-sign Ronald Leary, who just put pen to paper on a long-term deal with the Broncos. The Cowboys' line is still one of the league's strongest, but Free's absence will be felt.

Related: Cowboys

Source: Todd Archer on Twitter

We landed Leary just in time.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    And to be honest, I think La'el Collins is overrated. Leary played better than him, but Collins is younger and cheaper because of the rookie contract. I don't think Collins is that good playing guard and he will probably be exposed at RT.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    Doug Free announced his retirement from the NFL after 10 seasons.
    This comes only a week after Cowboys coach Jason Garrett insisted Free would be back for another season. The 33-year-old has been a fixture in Dallas for the past decade, starting every game he's played since 2010. Perhaps the Cowboys would have approached free agency differently if they knew Free was going to hang up his cleats. Certainly they would have made a more concerted effort to re-sign Ronald Leary, who just put pen to paper on a long-term deal with the Broncos. The Cowboys' line is still one of the league's strongest, but Free's absence will be felt.

Related: Cowboys

Source: Todd Archer on Twitter

Dont think Dallas ever was going to re-sign Leary especially with Martin needing a new deal fairly soon as well
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

Dont think Dallas ever was going to re-sign Leary especially with Martin needing a new deal fairly soon as well
    Which just got a LOT more expensive with what the Browns gave Zeitler. I think it would be in their best interests to try to extend him this year, it seems extending early comes with a bit of a discount.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Which just got a LOT more expensive with what the Browns gave Zeitler. I think it would be in their best interests to try to extend him this year, it seems extending early comes with a bit of a discount.
    With the 5th year option, they control him through 2 more seasons but i would figure they try to re-sign him this offseason.

Thats always the best way to go. Still wish we tried to do that with Malik or Danny, could have maybe gotten Malik at a smaller deal than he got but thats another story.

He has learned some doing that with Marshall, Stew, Sanders, and got Wolfe prior to FA. Harris contract is such a steal with what corners get these days.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

With the 5th year option, they control him through 2 more seasons but i would figure they try to re-sign him this offseason.

Thats always the best way to go. Still wish we tried to do that with Malik or Danny, could have maybe gotten Malik at a smaller deal than he got but thats another story.

He has learned some doing that with Marshall, Stew, Sanders, and got Wolfe prior to FA. Harris contract is such a steal with what corners get these days.
    You can't win them all

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    And to be honest, I think La'el Collins is overrated. Leary played better than him, but Collins is younger and cheaper because of the rookie contract. I don't think Collins is that good playing guard and he will probably be exposed at RT.
    I agree. I was on the Collins train because the value was outstanding, but he hasn't lived up to expectations yet.

I know they are looking at Chas Green as a replacement, but a Stephenson trade for Romo could be an option for them.

I think they would've re-signed Leary, or at least offered a 4/$24.5 if they would've known this 2 weeks ago.

I'm hoping Elway makes a huge move with Poe or Hightower here soon..

I'd also be happy with the resigning of Ware.

Patriots signed Lawrence Guy