Page 141 of 160 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2399
    Quote Originally Posted by munoz1987 View Post
    No. Zeitler is a RG and Thomas is a LT.
    Plus I said they have the best RG & RT duo in NFL.
    What position did David Diehl play?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by randy2191 View Post
    Both Tackles. You can't blame all of the penalties and blown assignments on coaching. Some yes.. majority no.
    I'm down with that. What do you think of some blaming a player's deficiencies on the guy next to him?

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Diehl played every position on the line except for C, and excelled at each position. I was able to meet Diehl a few times, he's a real good guy.

I'm down with that. What do you think of some blaming a player's deficiencies on the guy next to him?
    I think when players try to do to much in anticipation of the guy next to him not doing his job, they can definitely falter. What do you think?

hes always been a right guard
    T.J. Lang played some Left Tackle in 2009; started at Left Guard in 2011 and 2012; and, started at Right Guard in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. He's a versatile guy.

David Diehl is a former American football offensive lineman who played his entire career with the New York Giants of the National Football League.
    Born: September 15, 1980 (age 36 years), Chicago, IL
    Height: 6′ 5″
    Weight: 304 lbs
    Spouse: Nicole Diehl (m. 2006)
    Position: Tackle
    Education: University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, Brother Rice High School

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I think when players try to do to much in anticipation of the guy next to him not doing his job, they can definitely falter. What do you think?
    Unit cohesion and chemistry is more important on O-Line than any other group. It is important to work together, but according to the rules of the play. Each guy has a job to do, and shouldn't be doing his and part of someone else's.

When the coaches break down and grade what they see on video, they know who is and isn't doing his job. They also will have an idea of how to fix it.

When you have good depth, you can go to the bench. Sometimes you look at the bench and think the guys on the field are doing as well as can be expected.

Blocking rules should be as simple as possible. Offensive Linemen are usually above average intelligence of the whole team. If blocking rules are so complex that they get confused, they need to be revised.

When breaking down each play to grade the O-Line, it's still a question of looking at what each of the five did. When evaluating a play, it's necessary to watch it at least five times. EZ view is the best because it shows the splits.
    Last edited by samparnell; 03-12-2017 at 05:56 PM.

David Diehl is a former American football offensive lineman who played his entire career with the New York Giants of the National Football League.
    Born: September 15, 1980 (age 36 years), Chicago, IL
    Height: 6′ 5″
    Weight: 304 lbs
    Spouse: Nicole Diehl (m. 2006)
    Position: Tackle
    Education: University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, Brother Rice High School
    See post #2103.

T.J. Lang played some Left Tackle in 2009; started at Left Guard in 2011 and 2012; and, started at Right Guard in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. He's a versatile guy.
    A little surprised, or guess not much anymore, that we canceled his visit. Signing him would have cemented our interior and given us a strength to hang our hat on. McGovern taking some more reps at OC and him and Garcia behind Leary, Paradis, and Lang would have been very very solid.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Well, because they had a top 3 offensive line while we had an awful offensive line. When we took Stephenson from the chiefs, they also did not have a great line. Not saying he will be different. I'm just saying, if he would be different, that might be why.
    No. Austin Howard beat him out for the position. Howard was not very good.....

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    No. Austin Howard beat him out for the position. Howard was not very good.....
    From what I've read, Watson beat Howard in camp and started in week 1, then got injured, missed a lot of games and got the starting job back late in the season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/8416/menelik-watson

Menelik Watson is "firmly in the lead" for the Raiders' starting right tackle job.

Watson has been ahead of Austin Howard since training camp opened. He would have been the starter last year but Howard filled in after Watson tore his Achilles'. "I think it’s great to have Menelik back," said coach Jack Del Rio. "He brings a little temperament, a little athleticism to the position." Del Rio hasn't announced a starter yet but it's going to be Watson as long as he stays healthy.

Sun, Aug 21, 2016 12:43:00 PM
    ESPN’s Paul Gutierrez says it’s up in the air if the Raiders will re-sign free agent OT Menelik Watson.

Watson has never put together a full season since getting drafted in 2013. He was the starting right tackle out of training camp but fell behind Austin Howard after returning from a calf injury in Week 9. Watson will draw interest from multiple teams if he’s not re-signed. He’s Rotoworld’s No. 5 free-agent tackle.

Feb 15 - 7:04 PM
    http://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2016...s-unavoidable/

By: Will Reeve Jr. | December 22, 2016 6:57 pm ET

In a necessary move, the Oakland Raiders are expected to bench right tackle Austin Howard in favor of Menelik Watson Saturday against the Indianapolis Colts.

Comcast California’s Scott Bair reported the team’s decision at 3 p.m. PT Thursday, to the surprise of few.

Watson had actually earned the starting right tackle job through training camp and preseason, only to see it taken from him due to lower extremity injuries.

As he was working his way back to form, Watson was used in jumbo packages recently where he posted Pro Football Focus grades over 30 points higher than Howard in the previous two games.

Howard is a six-year veteran who has been a starter in five of those seasons. In over 700 snaps this year, Howard was ranked 58th overall, and 61st in pass protection at the tackle position per PFF.

Tape shows a player whose feet are too slow to operate effectively at the tackle position, thus constantly got beat.

In Week 15 against the San Diego Chargers, the Raiders allowed a mere 10 pressures and one sack as a team. Howard alone gave up five of those pressures, as well as the sack.

These facts likely driving home the decision for Raiders coach Jack Del Rio.

Watson is more athletic, very strong and in almost 600 fewer snaps has posted a PFF grade in pass protection over 25 points higher than Howard. And protecting franchise quarterback Derek Carr must be priority No. 1.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    If Roby then Talib will most likely be gone by 2019, you can pick up the option restructure Talib and maybe go CHJ, Talib, Roby in 2018, but would be hard to keep all 3 regardless past 2018.
    Restructuring Talib just pushes the cap hit going forward, so if they plan on parting ways with him before 2019 then it makes no sense whatsoever to restructure him in 2018 and create a cap hit in 2019. Right now Talib has a cap hit of $1 million if released in 2018, $0 if released in 2019.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Wait. You think we can keep McManus, Barrett and Paradis at between 8-10 million? Have you not seen the contracts given out this offseason? Another year of top of the line (pun intended) play and Paradis will be making that amount in one year by himself. Probably Barrett as well, because he's a young OLB that someone will overpay for.
    Paradis is a restricted free agent next year. Denver can tender him at whatever they decide and then either extend him, trade him or let him play out to free agency. But it's unlikely he gets a massive contract in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Paradis is a restricted free agent next year. Denver can tender him at whatever they decide and then either extend him, trade him or let him play out to free agency. But it's unlikely he gets a massive contract in 2018.
    That was established shortly after I said that. Lol about two or three others told me and I acknowledged that I was unaware.

That was established shortly after I said that. Lol about two or three others told me and I acknowledged that I was unaware.
    That's what happens when I take a day off and then come back and decide to reply as I'm reading through, rather than reading them all first.